Cave of Sorrows - Live on Kickstarter - Page 10 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cave of Sorrows - Live on Kickstarter

Default Cave of Sorrows - Live on Kickstarter

March 4th, 2017, 23:25
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Awesome infor, forgottenlor. Thanks! Maybe we need to get together and work on a game like this. The Red Cave of Forgotten Sorrows and Doom!
I'd be in. I just wrote the start of one that does some dice rolling for character creation.

--

It should be noted that game rules are not subject to any copyright, trademark, or patent protection and trade secrets are naturally impossible.

Magic the Gathering, for example, gets around this by patenting the business model of the CCG - something not patentable in countries like Israel for example.

So you can use anybody's rules, you just can't have any of the media such as art, audio, and text or trademark names such as d20 or 3.5e and somesuch.

Also, last I checked the Pathfinder people only allow the Pathfinder name for printed material only. They don't allow the use for computer programs.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

March 6th, 2017, 04:29
Don't worry guys I'm sure Ellios / DragonDesign / Grinding Game studios will be back in a few weeks with a new name and brand new, yet oddly familiar game that is totally finished and just needs a few hundred dollars so they can hire a voice actor or something

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cave of Sorrows - Live on Kickstarter