The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Naughty children, not nearly enough gazing. Loveblind kinda went electronic on this track, but it's Dorian. Can't go wrong with that.

I have genuinely never been able to understand why Heavy Metal albums had to look like the way they do - but now someone at least attempts to explain it : https://www.loudersound.com/feature...der-why-are-heavy-metal-album-covers-so-scary

By the way, I'm just listening to Clannad - they do their Farewell Tour this year, early.
If you want to see and listen to them, you should get a ticket as soon as possible, since the tour begins in February.

That was indeed an awesome tour, Thrasher!! If I remember right, I think I caught them in June at the Spectrum in Philly. It was a great show, one that I relive in my mind often.

Sons of Apollo is a prog metal super group consisting of Mike Portnoy and Derek Sherinian of ex Dream Theater fame, famous bassist Billy Sheehan, and guitar player Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal along with singer Jeff Scott Soto. I haven't heard about the latter two.

Their second album MMXX was release i January, and here's the first track:

BTW, there's now also on youtube a video giving "An intimate look at Justin Bieber’s life and music-making process". In case you're interested.

a pibbur who is not.

Carn I saw them in San Diego that year, and in LA the previous year, where I was first taken by them. Quite an introduction to a band! Few other performances have lived up to them for me.

Riff orgasm for stoners:

And sometimes, folk rocks :p

Mohr gazing! Love the vocal passing notes in this one.

This weekend jazz keyboard player Lyle Mays passed away after a long battle with a recurring illness. He is best known as part of the Pat Metheny Group across more than 30 years before retiring about 15 years ago. Here is a great live clip of a classic song “It’s for you”

Ever wondered what the first drum'n'base track was? Here's s top contender from 1969, time-jump to 1:26 if you're impatient:

One of my parent's old 7" records, which I probably played more than they ever did. 1961 vintage but with drumming that could have come out yesterday:

Ever wondered what the first drum'n'base track was? Here's s top contender from 1969, time-jump to 1:26 if you're impatient

Yes indeed! The ‘Amen Break’ is one of most sampled things ever, and was used widely in drum & bass music, in a similar way to how James Brown’s ‘Funky Drummer’ Drum break defined early hip hop music.

One of my parent's old 7" records, which I probably played more than they ever did. 1961 vintage but with drumming that could have come out yesterday

Thanks - haven’t heard that in ages, and forgot how ahead of its time it is! My cynical take is it couldn’t have come out yesterday ... because everything would have been gated and quantized and that awesome feel and rhythmic flow would have been lost. :)

And since I mentioned it ... here is the full Funky Drummer ...

Back
Top Bottom