RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Goodbye from me

Default Goodbye from me

February 17th, 2020, 19:57
Well if you need to leave here, at least stay with us on the 'Codex

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 20:13
If this really was your last post, I can only say that it is a bummer to lose an other long time watcher. It was often intresting to read your thoughts about videogames. I hope you atleast shortly return here to share your opinion when Larian releases the next baldur's gate.

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 20:23
It will be sad to see you leave, as I feel that your passion and your opinions about rpgs here are very insightful and encourged me to try and look at rpgs from other perspective.

I hope that is just a break (we all need one once in a while for different reasons) and look forward to your posts and thoughts.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 20:44
I vote we get rid of SirJames and keep purpleblob.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 21:16
It's unfortunate to hear this. I hope you find something/somewhere fun to keep you busy and happy. Brake the habit (not the hobbit). Greener pastures. All that stuff

Cacheperl

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 22:23
Ah I was bummed to see this @purpleblob, especially since I found so much common ground with you over Pathfinder Kingmaker (even if I could not win you over to Skyrim lol).

Like others you have had a unique voice around here, sometimes I agree with you completely, other times not, but it would be pretty boring if everyone agreed all the time.

I know what it is like being in a minority, even though I have often been surprised at some of the tolerance I have found here from others. Those folks I value a lot. The others I ignore and don't care about their opinions or respect them.

I hope once some time passes you will reconsider. It is clear lots of folks here like your posts and enjoy your contribution. Sometimes a few dark threads can wear you out. I know a few times the Skyrim haters got me down and I fled the forums for a while. But meh … we all have our own tastes and in the end it doesn't matter. So I try to take a lighter approach with the haters or just ignore them.

Anyhow I know I would miss seeing you around.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
+1:

February 17th, 2020, 22:30
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Just want to say bye to everyone.

It was getting rather obvious that I'm firmly in "minority" with just about everything and I am getting rather tired of hearing opinions that are always opposite to mine with no one really being able to understand how I feel - completely out of place.

So, it is rather difficult to find a reason to hang around - must admit, it's doing any good for my mental health either.

So, good bye. I hope everyone continues to enjoy gaming.
@purpleblob
Wow, I find myself agreeing with what you write quite often.

Would be really sad to see you go Purple we are many who love having you here.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 22:42
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Would be really sad to see you go Purple we are many who love having you here.
--

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 23:29
Isn't rpgwatch more forgiving than codex ?

Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Well if you need to leave here, at least stay with us on the 'Codex

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 23:44
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I vote we get rid of SirJames and keep purpleblob.
Well, I DID try to get him to STFU. Thanks for having my back … no one!
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 18th, 2020, 00:13
I (finally) start playing Pathfinder Kingmaker and pretty much find it the greatest game ever made, solidifying that yes, @purpleblob has been right all along. I was wondering why I got no "I told you so's".

Really sad to hear that PB and I sincerely hope you change your mind. I've no idea what discussions made you feel that way but I'm fairly certain you're not in a minority when it comes to taste in games.

Change your mind, and if not, best of luck and happy gaming!
Last edited by TomRon; February 18th, 2020 at 12:30.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

February 18th, 2020, 00:51
Sad to see you go and I hope you will change your mind (or just take a break). I love the diversity of rpg(-like) genres within the watch and see what other people are playing. I never discuss to 'win' an argument, but to learn from it.

I almost didn't comment because I always think this is so obvious, but I guess saying it out loud helps sometimes. Likewise, when I see an argument where someone is being a jerk, I tend to just leave that thread alone (no idea if that was the case here). I admit this might not always be the best choice (as you hang people involved out to dry).

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

February 18th, 2020, 00:53
Hey Purps, as a fellow Aussie please stick around so we can teach these Yanks and Euros what real culture is!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
+1:

February 18th, 2020, 01:14
Sorry to hear that, PB. I never had an issue with your postings or opinions, in fact I thought they were often quite sensible. Maybe you'll come back after a break?

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

February 18th, 2020, 01:20
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Hey Purps, as a fellow Aussie please stick around so we can teach these Yanks and Euros what real culture is!!
I love Aussie culture and their heroes…

loading…

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

February 18th, 2020, 01:32
You will be missed, Purple. You were always a contributor, never a detractor. Find whatever brings you joy, and embrace it.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

February 18th, 2020, 02:20
It was a fight with SirJames? Nah, you shouldn't leave over that, PUrple. Pretty sure I've had at least one of those myself, and lots of us like having you around.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 18th, 2020, 03:26
I enjoy your opinions and the fact you are one member here who doesn't troll me. :0)

warmonger3

Ethereal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 18th, 2020, 05:35
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
It was a fight with SirJames? Nah, you shouldn't leave over that, PUrple. Pretty sure I've had at least one of those myself, and lots of us like having you around.
I donít think anyone knows exact reason … but she was clear that behavior, attitudes and treatment were reasons. And this stuff isnít new here. And just because it isnít a frothing pit of 4chan qanon types doesnít mean this is an inviting and open space. Because it isnít, as weíve seen again and again.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 18th, 2020, 08:21
I think sometime people attack the messenger instead of the message; but other times people just don't like people disagreeing with them. I think in the former case the moderators could be more aggressive (though there is some risk here because there are gray areas); but in other cases the internet will always be problematic because communications require a lot more than just words but the internet only provides the words….. I.e, a conversation over the internet is not the same as a conversation during a pen and paper game.

Anyway i've been using the internet for over 30 years (yea folks its been around a long time); and I will say that back in the late 80's and early 90's when mostly college seniors, grad students, and faculty use the internet life was different than in the late 90's early 2000's when the rest of the world join. It isn't even about disagreeing over a topic but the words use by people discussing these topics changed as well as the anger level at disagreement. Oh well kind of miss the early years.

[Yea yea there were bboards even older but those weren't real time - they were only quasi real-time so they don't count ]

Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I don’t think anyone knows exact reason … but she was clear that behavior, attitudes and treatment were reasons. And this stuff isn’t new here. And just because it isn’t a frothing pit of 4chan qanon types doesn’t mean this is an inviting and open space. Because it isn’t, as we’ve seen again and again.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Goodbye from me