Prometheus Wept: The new turn based RPG from the developer of Vigilantes - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Prometheus Wept: The new turn based RPG from the developer of Vigilantes

Default Prometheus Wept: The new turn based RPG from the developer of Vigilantes

August 10th, 2020, 19:39
Hey all. Will use this thread to make some smaller updates between the bigger ones. Comments, questions and suggestions welcome!

This is an early look at the character selection screen, which allows you to name your character, select a model and hopefully, in the future, select skin tone.

The current aim is to get from the splash screen to the point of starting the game, which includes character creation, both visual and in terms of stats/skill points.
--
Developer of Prometheus Wept, Vigilantes and Deadstone

Timeslip

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

August 20th, 2020, 13:12

A first look at a new combat mechanic: the push attack. Here you can see an enemy being pushed into fire. Push attacks will also be useful for dislodging enemies from cover, clustering enemies for explosive attacks, and moving enemies so the environment can be used against them. It currently does half damage and the chance of success is based on the attacker's versus the target's prowess.
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

August 26th, 2020, 10:19
Hi again! Visually, the two aspects I'm trying to improve on most from Vigilantes are the environment and UI. Here is the result of some experimentation with lighting, terrain painting and vegetation.

--

Timeslip

Watchdog

+1:

August 30th, 2020, 16:52
Looking great so far.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 17:23
Cheers, rune_74. Here are a couple more screenshots of the first mission location from the game:

--

Timeslip

Watchdog

October 24th, 2020, 14:57
Hi all. Hope you're keeping safe and healthy!

At this stage, most of the writing and scripting is complete for the first play area, though the focus hasn't entirely been on these activities. Handling all the events which can happen in-game requires a lot of work on the dialogue system, and in the interest of gameplay variety I've been talking about, a special set of rules has been coded for the finale of this area. The demo will likely comprise this area and one more, but there's still a lot of work to do in terms of balancing, polish and building the infrastructure on which the game will run.

This is all a bit vague, so if you're okay with spoilers, here's some more concrete info on what's happening in the initial play area:

Spoiler
--

Timeslip

Watchdog

October 31st, 2020, 14:13
So, Atlas shrugged and Prometheus wept, what did the other ones do?

Saireau

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

November 6th, 2020, 20:28
Since @Timeslip is active, ill ask here, can you please put Vigilantes on the Geforce Now service? Real easy to opt in their thing.
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

November 6th, 2020, 23:05
Originally Posted by Saireau View Post
So, Atlas shrugged and Prometheus wept, what did the other ones do?
Well, Onan masturbated and Heisenberg was completely uncertain what to do.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

November 25th, 2020, 23:47
Hey all. Apologies for slow response - I'm not getting emails to notify me of responses.
@porcozaur - I had a look at geforce now, and based on what I'm reading, it seems like I would need to integrate and configure third party plugins to the game to add it. It doesn't looks like it's just a matter of opting in to the program.
--
Last edited by Timeslip; November 27th, 2020 at 12:47.

Timeslip

Watchdog

November 25th, 2020, 23:48
A quick update: The last few weeks I've mainly been building infrastructure to handle changes to the game world, stuff like moving NPCs between locations, configuring and saving them. Trickier than expected, mainly due to the large number of different cases which need to be handled. Today, I starting improving one of the maps for the demo. Nice to get away from coding after a couple of weeks of it. Here's a screenshot.

--

Timeslip

Watchdog

November 27th, 2020, 17:10
A screenshot of the resources which can be harvested in Prometheus Wept. The metals are used in armour, weapon and weapon component crafting, while the plants can be used to create combat stimulants.

--

Timeslip

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Prometheus Wept: The new turn based RPG from the developer of Vigilantes