Pricewatch!

I see Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor being discounted this weekend. Questions:
A) Does it need a monthly subscription to be played?
B) Can I play it solo mode, lone wolf-like? Playing it this way will affect quests, will rob me some of the fun etc?
Thanks in advance!
A. You have to buy the game and expansions but it doesn't require a monthly membership. Though they offer one for $15 that gives you benefits called premium.
ESO Plus is our premium membership service. Sign up now to receive in-game benefits that let you get the most out of your journeys in Tamriel. Members receive increased experience, faster crafting progression, and bonus gold along with access to all available DLC Game Packs in the Crown Store and a monthly allotment of 1650 Crowns (total membership amount of crowns given at time of purchase) to spend in the in-game store on pets, mounts, costumes, and much more. ESO Plus is the best way to see everything ESO has to offer! Please note that access to DLC Game Packs in the Crown Store granted by ESO Plus is only available while your membership remains act
B. Like the KOTOR MMO you can play solo but parts will require you to team up.

B) Can I play it solo mode, lone wolf-like? Playing it this way will affect quests, will rob me some of the fun etc?
Thanks in advance!

You can play solo, but don't expect to be immersed in your own world. You'll see other players around you most of the time. When you talk to an NPC about a quest, you'll often be standing in line.

If you're unsure, wait until the next free weekend and give it a try then.

Thank you both @Couchpotato; and @JDR13;. For now, I think I will give it a pass.

Thanks in advance!

As previously answered, no and yes. These are the questions I had when I looked to get into TES, and I was not disappointed.
I don't want to play with others and that was fine, other than the central shopping/quest areas you are normally on your own. I did wander into a couple of dungeons which where far too hard on my own and got asked if I wanted to team up but decided not to. There is enough content to keep you occupied for a long time and more free stuff gets released regularly.

Imo ESO is worth it, i played around 100h some years ago when they ditched the sub crap, and with later expacs, it got better and better.

I couldn't get into Mad Max despite being a fan of the franchise and post-apoc in general. It just seemed really generic to me. Should I give it another try?
It is fairly generic. Despite all the cars and a shotgun, the majority of the combat is hand to hand somewhat similar to the Arkham Batman games. Checking the country-side with a balloon could infringe on an Ubisoft patent.

There are some interesting things, though. Your ammo is REALLY limited. You start out being able to shoot just 3 times with your shotgun before running out of ammo, for instance. The storms that come in are unique, too, though I wish they lasted about half as long as they do.

Car combat has been a particular disappointment. They seemed to implement it well enough but then they always send two or three cars after you, making it just about impossible to win car to car. Instead, you just roll up near a cliff or building side, the drivers jump out, and you easily beat them up. It isn't until you get thundersticks that you can really take on multiple cars - but then it's more of a shooting game with long reload times.

Car vs. not-car is plenty fun, though. Smashing through towers hasn't gotten at all old. Just driving around the wasteland is pretty fun, too.

I think you get to see all the fun stuff pretty early on, though, so if you didn't like the first 10 hours then I wouldn't bother going back.

quoting from somewhere
You can get 3 years of game pass ultimate for 90-120 euro depending where you are. Just buy xbox live gold vouchers. You can convert them into game pass ultimate for 1 euro (if you aren't subscribed yet)

If you pre-order cyberpunk, get a 30% discount on CDPR gear.
https://eu.gear.cdprojektred.com/

Anyone wants a Ciri t-shirt? Or a Johnny hoodie? :) Not sure if they have that, but there is certainly a lot of choice.

If you pre-order cyberpunk, get a 30% discount on CDPR gear.
https://eu.gear.cdprojektred.com/

Anyone wants a Ciri t-shirt? Or a Johnny hoodie? :) Not sure if they have that, but there is certainly a lot of choice.

After looking at those prices, I feel they should be about 30% less anyways. :)

Already own both with all DLC but by George that's a damn bargain.:wow:

Think I'll claim them again just to have backups.

Last edited:
I just purchased Tyranny in October so of course it's going to be free now. :)

That's ok. I only paid $10, and I'd rather have it on Steam anyways.

Back
Top Bottom