Favorite Quotes

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
Shamelessly stealing the idea from a PC Gamer article… What are your favorite video game quotes? Funny, sad, profound, RPG, non-RPG...

Nice subject for a thread (not a quote).

"What can change the nature of a man" (PS:T).

pibbur who regrets having no answer. It's not 42.

PS. Fouind this one while looking for the quote (to make sure iit was accurate): "No wonder my back hurts, there's a whole damn novel written on it". DS.

I had to Google, as I don't remember a single memorable quote from a video game :(

But I really like this one:

"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax, Skyrim

The final lines of The Last of Us.

Ellie: "Swear to me… Swear to me everything you said about the Fireflies is true."

Joel: "I swear."

Ellie: "… OK."

Cut to wonderful Gustavo Santaolalla end theme musichttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vRv2KVxbeOc

One of the best endings of all time. I particularly liked how it contrasted with the ending of Bioshock Infinite - which is another one of my favorite endings of all time.

The two games are both quite similar in terms of the characters involved, and their tasks - but also about as dissimilar as you can get in terms of tone and gameplay.

Both games are about two characters on a journey of discovery and redemption - and I adore how they demonstrate how two games can do similar things so differently, and yet still be so great.

Does this have to be very meaningful? ^^

I have dozens if not hundreds of quotes in my head. Most are rather silly though and unfortunately most are also German.

I guess for now I'll go with:
"I'd rather be a dwarf"

First one that came to mind was from Dark Souls II

Oh… You….

My thoughts are…. very scattered

What is this curse?

The question rings in my mind but I haven't the focus to answer it

Loss frightens me no end. Loss of memory, loss of self.

If I were told that by killing you I would be freed of this curse

Then I would draw my sword without hesitation

I DON'T want to die. I want to exist!

I would sacrifice anything, ANYTHING for this

It shames me but it is the truth

Sometimes I feel obsessed with this insignificant thing called self, but even so I am compelled to preserve it

Am i wrong to do so? Surely you'd do the same in my shoes?

Maybe we're all cursed

From the moment we're born.

?t=29s

"War. War never changes." Still gives me the creeps when I hear it done right.

The Burke quote from Castlevania is pretty good also, the one that says that all evil needs to succeed is for good people to do nothing.

And practically every line that Minsc utters in Balder's Gate.

I'm going with Baldurs Gate quotes.

1. "You are mean, mean, mean. No wonder people don't like you!" - Alora
  2. "I don't think you're happy enough. I'll teach you to be happy!" - Alora
  3. "Silence dog, you have no purpose here but to die by my hand." - Jon Irenicus
  4. "Butt-kicking for goodness!" ~Minsc
  5. My sword, my soul, my hamster…all of these I pledge to…to Aerie, my witch… HEAR THAT, EVIL?! MINSC HAS A NEW WITCH!! WOE IS YOU!" ~Minsc,
  6. "I fear I have taken one too many blows to the head! Next I'll be hearing hamsters speak!" ~Your PC

"If you've come for the fork, you'll be sorely disappointed."

Yeah It sticks. I know that line from some time ago.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.
Singing starts at 0.37. Chorus at 1.08.

PS not saying here I was on this planet in the roaring twenties. :)

"Butt-kicking for goodness!" has to be my number 1. I occasionally use it (well, variants on it) in everyday life. Scarily enough, so does my wife ...

Ice Cream! Ice Cream!

Never played it myself, but yeah…it sticks. ^^

I played so much Speedball and Speedball 2 on Amiga. Even more than Sensible Soccer!

Actually, Speedball 1 has one of my all time favourite game tunes. Give this a listen. :)

This is the real ASMR!

Going with BG2 as well, I love spectator the beholder!

Spectator: "...oh, that reminds me. I promised that mad little sahuagain that I would make an attempt to scare off intruders..."
Spectator: "So... boo!"
Spectator: "And that's about as much effort as I'm willing to put into that. *sigh*"

Spectator: "Keep in mind that the drow who summoned me was mad. But, hey, who am I to judge. I suppose, I've been playing tic-tac-toe with a pair of imps for sixty years"
Spectator: "... sigh...."

Spectator: "Oh... in case you didn't hear an answer in that: No, you CAN'T look at what's in the chest. The drow specifically summoned me to guard *this* chest".
Spectator: "Hmmm. Well, he screamed "my chest" as I recall. A spear was being thrust through his own chest at the time, though, so he could have been referring to that".

Spectator: "Hmph. Is that it? Shoot, you'd have thought the whole future of drow race depended on it or something, the way that was drow was screaming".
Spectator: "*sigh* I suppose I have to resign myself now to guarding a completely empty chest for the next forty years. Yay".
Spectator: "Huh. You know... you're absolutely right. Not even drow mage would want me guard an empty chest. It's not even a *nice* chest".
Spectator: "There's no way that beholder council, bloated bladder-bags that they are, would hold me responsible for this contract! I.... I'm free! Yippee!".
Spectator: "What to do now? Hmm. Kill the imps... yeah. Those bastards deserve to die. But first, I'm gonna go eat something. You have *no* idea how hungry I am".

Oh boy! Are we going to do something dangerous now?
--Floyd, when you save game in Planetfall

Back
Top Bottom