2013 NHL Playoffs Thread

Jaromir Jagr? I bitched about his coasting and lack of productivity during the Flyers series last year only to find him wearing my teams jersey? I had no idea we picked up that relic. I love the 90's as much as the next gen X'er but the days of the mullet are over folks! Send him back to Pittsburg!

If the Wings are going to keep me up until 1:30 with an OT west coast game, they could at least have the decency to win it. *grumble*

there's not a canucks fan that didn't expect this - mainly because that's just the way we are. but then, we saw some hideous cracks in the team with aging, injured players, once again an unnecessary goaltending controversy and an inability for management to manage it properly, and the huge loss of Salo. I'm still not sure why no one considering picking him up as a rental.

they were in the penalty box because they were in it for the long haul. they played the whole year trying to be good on the pk while ignoring their own PP until the end of the season. they didn't imagine getting swept - and really game 2 and game 4 was their's to lose.

Which they did of course. Defense was a huge hole this year. Bieksa played soft. But hats off to SJ - they got some real big guys on their team and seem to know how to play D.

Completely agree with you LD, my dissatisfaction with the team started with management and filtered all the way down. The whole feeling of decline was everywhere.

Blues are killing me..........:cm:

Leafs killed me years ago!!!! :D

Watching the red wings is bad for my heart.:)

What a series. I can't help but think though that this should have been a close out win. Too many lapses and blown opportunities.

Hard to believe the Blues dropped 4 straight to LA after winning the first 2.

Go Wings! It was nice to finally see Henrik Zetterberg score in these playoffs. I like their chances in Game 7, but they have to do a better job of protecting the lead.

Go Wings! I didn't see that coming.

Great series win for the wings. They will need to be even better against the Blackhawks though.

think I need to repeat here my comment that Anaheim was the underdog in this series. Wings don't quite realize they are dead yet. I think the Chihawks have their number tho.

LA and San Jose , it should be a hatefest. Sharks fans have hated the Kings since their inception. I think doubly now with all this Seattle controversy.

Can't figure out why Boston can't settle TO.

Washington is hopeless in the playoffs. Worse perennial chokers than Vancouver.

Incredible rally by Boston. When's the last time Toronto won a playoff series?

The Sens are officially my second favorite team right now.

Definitely loved watching my Bruins go from assumed loss to miracle win ... nice to be on the other side of a collapse for once.

Yeah, I know this is an NHL thread, but consider it hijacked!! Seen a couple of great World's games so far today, US destroyed the Soviets, and Canada and Sweden are going at it right now.....game on!

-Carn

Yeah, I know this is an NHL thread, but consider it hijacked!! Seen a couple of great World's games so far today, US destroyed the Soviets, and Canada and Sweden are going at it right now…..game on!

-Carn
Yeah, the pool play has been crazy from what I've seen. Lots of blowouts with most of the teams on both sides of the slaughter. Haven't paid much attention beyond scoreboard watching, but it looks like a crazy, unpredictable tourney this year.

Wings looked like hot garbage last night. Good news is that they looked pretty lousy in the first game with the Quacks, with many of the same issues (turnovers, horrible breakouts) so perhaps there's still hope. I suppose any success at this point should be considered gravy, but I hate to be a stepping stone for the Squawks.

And great to see my Bruins show up and grab the win!

Back
Top Bottom