The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Npw now children...

Celtic, Mike's pretty much right. Unwritten law of the thread is one post per day and since it's actually my thread I'll ask you to stick with that, give or take, in the future. As for lyrics, I don't think it would have been too much of a problem had you not spammed the crap out of the thread, but a link is probably adequate, doncha think? If there's a particular passage that moves your soul today, by all means share away, but I kinda doubt you've got a dozen songs where every single word speaks to you.

Npw now children…

Celtic, Mike's pretty much right. Unwritten law of the thread is one post per day and since it's actually my thread I'll ask you to stick with that, give or take, in the future. As for lyrics, I don't think it would have been too much of a problem had you not spammed the crap out of the thread, but a link is probably adequate, doncha think? If there's a particular passage that moves your soul today, by all means share away, but I kinda doubt you've got a dozen songs where every single word speaks to you.

I guess when I looked back at the thread, but mike and I were going back and forth in two threads so I wasn't back down in either. Just good banter for me I guess to have some back and forth after a long week where I just wanted to fire about 4 people and 2 might be but it is to close to Christmas to do that.

Whoa - this is the music thread! Bad vibes are harshing my buzz.

Well, I guess mommy can't be sick for a single day.

Please stop squabbling and - as has already been mentioned more than once - don't double post unless a certain amount of time has passed (and by a certain amount of time I mean days, not minutes). Else edit the original post. This is not valid for this thread only but for all threads.

Links to full lyrics are enough, as are links to YT.

That's all, folks.

Currently alternating between streaming Christmas playlists - right now it is "Old Fashioned Christmas" on Accuradio.

Also listening to Christmas albums on vinyl or CD, including:
- An old Bing / Sinatra / Nat Cole collection
- Amy Grant Christmas
- George Winston - December
- Wynton Marsalis - Crescent City Christmas Card
- Christmas Sing Along WIth Mitch Miller
- Barbara Streisand Christmas
- Harry Connick Christmas album
... And some others ...

:)

Currently alternating between streaming Christmas playlists - right now it is "Old Fashioned Christmas" on Accuradio.

Also listening to Christmas albums on vinyl or CD, including:
- An old Bing / Sinatra / Nat Cole collection
- Amy Grant Christmas
- George Winston - December
- Wynton Marsalis - Crescent City Christmas Card
- Christmas Sing Along WIth Mitch Miller
- Barbara Streisand Christmas
- Harry Connick Christmas album
… And some others …

:)

Now the other night I thought our banter was good fun. But this, Mike you have gone to far. Our house is done to the nines, my shopping has been done for a month or more, we have a real tree as always.

BUT NO CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!!!!!!

BTW I edited out the lyrics...

Last edited:
Now the other night I thought our banter was good fun. But this, Mike you have gone to far. Our house is done to the nines, my shopping has been done for a month or more, we have a real tree as always.

BUT NO CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!!!!!!

BTW I edited out the lyrics…

Now I'm listening to a jazz Christmas station on Accuradio (they are the best streaming for jazz).

Lyrics below:

Nice progressive trance. :)
That Luigi Lusini is very good. :D

I like Tiesto's early hits too. Much more trancey than his recent stuff, which is following the EDM crowd more.

I must have 5 feet of trance on vinyl at home, and I haven't listened to it in more than a decade (or 2). From what I can remember…

A more mellow take on progressive trance that stays in the forebrain. Intro and break sort of reminds me of the early Clan of Xymox.
Salt Tank - Eugina

Here's one my favorite energetic harder trance songs that segues a bit into cheese.
Man With No Name - Sugar Rush (Refined Mix)

Another favorite from the Fluoro label with a nice vocals (lead and background)
Grace - Not Over Yet

And some of my favorite prog house / trance remixer's work, Jimmy Gomez, "(AKA James Wiltshire - one half of the Freemasons)". A man ahead of his time. Each bar different, engaging, building and evolving. With excellent vocals.

Sunscreem - Perfect Motion (Jimmy Gomez Remix)

Sunscreem - Looking At You (Jimmy Gomez Club Mix)

BRIAN KENNEDY - LIFE, LOVE & HAPPINESS (JIMMY GOMEZ REMIX)

M People - Dreaming (Jimmy Gomez Vocal Remix)

How Can I Love You More (Jimmy Gomez 6am Mix)

Dina Carroll - Escaping (jimmy gomez dmc mix)

I suppose that is enough.

LYRICS REMOVED

Last edited:
I suppose that is enough.

It is never enough of some good quality music ;)

Again, nice list. Those oldies from the 90's are awesome, specially Salt Tank-Eugina.

INMHO Tiesto went down on the wrong path…ended up as a very popular DJ and producer for sure, but his new style is just garbage for me. His Allure album "Kiss From The Past" was/is very good and like it a lot.

Sound Apparel is very, very good. Some call him "the Mozart" of Trance music.
He makes beautiful music, witch has the old/classic trance sound to it, and lush melodies. And his breakdown's are gorgeous. Gives goosebumps every time.
Sound Apparel - Anxiety of Vanity
Sound Apparel - Sadness
And there are many more from him.

And, if you want check out some of my crappy sounds. :)
Kriss K.-Shadows In The Moonlight

One of the really great prog rock band of the 70's, overlooked and forgotten (I suddenly rediscovered them on my iPhone today): Gentle Giant.

Here's

One interesting feature here is that the verse becomes the instrumental background of the chorus.

pibbur who will listen to GG (not the swede) during Christmas.

I had a rather extensive post typed up a couple days ago about our foray into trance/house but somehow I screwed up getting it submitted after about half an hour of putting it together. They say the mind is the second thing to go and I don't remember the first...

Anyhoo, I'm a little late with the annual Christmas tradition.
Claire Voyant
The Drifters

Back
Top Bottom