Bioware making KOTOR 3 it seems

Very interesting, I assumed the MMO was a KotOR MMO, but now it looks like they're making both a KotOR game and an MMO. How many games are they making anyhow? Sonic, KotOR, Dragon Age, MMO, just completed Mass Effect. BioWare must've greatly increased in size lately.

Very interesting, I assumed the MMO was a KotOR MMO, but now it looks like they're making both a KotOR game and an MMO. How many games are they making anyhow? Sonic, KotOR, Dragon Age, MMO, just completed Mass Effect. BioWare must've greatly increased in size lately.

Could be both I suppose as it's possible that Blizzard are doing the same with the Starcraft universe.

I'm not a big kotor fan but still I would prefer Obsidian doing the 3rd one.
The first Kotor was a bit shallow and characters + story were better written in the sequel.

I'm not a big kotor fan but still I would prefer Obsidian doing the 3rd one.
The first Kotor was a bit shallow and characters + story were better written in the sequel.

I thought K1 really captured the Star Wars feel, and remember playing it and being really impressed with it's feel of "legitimacy". KOTOR was better Star Wars than the new Star Wars movies.
K2 was a better RPG with a better story and writing, but wasn't as Star Wars-y. It was a story set in the Star Wars universe with a lot of the trappings.

Ultimately I did prefer TSL more but K1 wasn't at all a bad game. I do wish it were Obsidian doing the third installment, but they're a much smaller outfit and probably have their hands full at the moment while BioWare seem to have bottomless resources. LucasArts probably liked BioWare's KOTOR better than Obisidian's as well, given my initial observation. I think K1 also got better reviews, something LA probably took into consideration.

I'll let you know if I ever manage to get through it.

I finished KotOR, but it felt like more of a chore than anything. Have you ever finished a game just because you started it and didn't want to quit, even though you didn't really enjoy it? That's how I was with KotOR, the last 1\2 of the game just seemed to drag on.

I've alway been a big Star Wars fan, and I really enjoy most games set in that universe ei: the Jedi Knight series, Rogue Squadron, Battlefront, - but KotOR just didn't do it for me.

Funny, it was one of only a handful of games I've finished twice and while I like SW, I'm not a huge fan. I still haven't seen episode 3, despite having the DvD!!

I loved both KotOR games, so I hope we get more games in the series (especially single player games).

I'd rather have a new JK game tbh, but, this could be good you never know.

I liked both KOTOR's a lot, despite the way K2 fell on its face at the end. Looking forward to this one.

I'm guessing that they'll be using similar tech to Mass Effect so it'll certainly look impressive I'm sure.

Would be interesting if they used the new engine by LucasArts, the one from The Force Unleashed.

But then it would probably be only a console version.

Back
Top Bottom