Graywalkers - Gameplay Video

I played around with the game for an hour. The potential is certainly there, I really like the art style and the animations are serviceable even if a bit choppy. The skill list is awesome, perhaps even a bit bloated since I'm not sure if they are all actually useful, but that's preferable to a stream lined and bare bones system in my opinion.

The world is certainly an interesting take on Post-Apoc, without the dull colour schemes that are common in that setting. Some of the writing felt a bit off, but nothing major.

What put me off is the UI, not the look which is fine but the clunkiness. I realise (and hope) that will change though. No keyboard shortcuts, no way to switch from one characters inventory to the next (that I found anyway). I like the fact hit chances are displayed properly with all modifiers, but got confused by some of them (like "short range -4" with a pistol). I also didn't find any indications of optimal range for the weapons. There's also quite a lot of trying to find the right spot to click when attacking or moving.

Still, playing it didn't in any way lower my expectations for this game, quite the opposite. If they can properly polish it up I expect to be spending a lot of time with Graywalkers.

Last edited:
I played around with the game for an hour. The potential is certainly there, I really like the art style and the animations are serviceable even if a bit choppy. The skill list is awesome, perhaps even a bit bloated since I'm not sure if they are all actually useful, but that's preferable to a stream lined and bare bones system in my opinion.

The world is certainly an interesting take on Post-Apoc, without the dull colour schemes that are common in that setting. Some of the writing felt a bit off, but nothing major.

What put me off is the UI, not the look which is fine but the clunkiness. I realise (and hope) that will change though. No keyboard shortcuts, no way to switch from one characters inventory to the next (that I found anyway). I like the fact hit chances are displayed properly with all modifiers, but got confused by some of them (like "short range -4" with a pistol). I also didn't find any indications of optimal range for the weapons. There's also quite a lot of trying to find the right spot to click when attacking or moving.

Still, playing it didn't in any way lower my expectations for this game, quite the opposite. If they can properly polish it up I expect to be spending a lot of time with Graywalkers.

I would encourage you to post your comments on the Steam forums. The developers are actively soliciting feedback, taking criticism as an opportunity to improve the game.

I would encourage you to post your comments on the Steam forums. The developers are actively soliciting feedback, taking criticism as an opportunity to improve the game.

Will do. Thanks.

Edit: And done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom