BattleTech - Multiplayer Backer Beta Live

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update from Battletech announces that the multiplayer backer beta is now live.

Official Multiplayer Backer Beta Is LIVE!

After weeks of gathering data from our Double-Secret Multiplayer Beta and more weeks of revising our network architecture to allow the Global BattleTech Community to easily play together, we are happy (and relieved) to announce that the Official Multiplayer Backer Beta Is LIVE on Steam. We hope you enjoy your multiplayer matches as much as we enjoy ours.

If you are at the MECHWARRIOR Backer level or above and have already downloaded the game, Steam will automatically update the Beta to include the multiplayer mode. No password is needed and no action is required to start playing against others right away.

We’d like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to the brave Double-Secret Multiplayer Beta testers who provided invaluable data and feedback during this early testing period. Your support has benefitted your fellow Backers, our community, and all the folks who are about to find out how cool the BattleTech universe is.

This final beta release is intended to test our multiplayer code with a larger sample of players around the world. You won't find any new combat features, very many balance changes (beyond those we've already done), or additional content in the update, much as we would love it. It was simply too much for our small team to keep the Beta and Production versions of the game in synch for months - or to attempt to update the Beta now after months of adding new code and content.

The Skirmish & Multiplayer Backer Beta will remain open through the end of the year. After that, the Beta will be shut down in preparation for the upcoming launch of the full game. Folks can still purchase Beta Access (and Backers can still upgrade their reward level) until Friday, December 1st.

If you’re looking for a match, head over to the Beta matchmaking sub-forum to find other MechCommanders ready for some Heavy Metal Mayhem! And if you’re eligible for the beta and haven’t downloaded it yet, this is your last call - head over to the Backer Beta PDF Manual to get instructions for getting your Steam Key from your BackerKit account, downloading the game, and how to play the game.

Have fun! Melt cockpits!

--HBS

P.S. Oh, and if you missed our last update, check out all the new campaign screenshots we shared!
More information.

Don't care about multiplayer, but can't wait for this game! (for its single player campaign).

Last edited:
Same with me, I doubt there is a person on this earth that cares less about multi player on any game less than I do, but I do look forward to the single player version, perhaps even on day one!

...I doubt there is a person on this earth that cares less about multi player on any game less than I do...

I think I do. I can't be sure, but I just might.

Same with me, I doubt there is a person on this earth that cares less about multi player on any game less than I do, but I do look forward to the single player version, perhaps even on day one!

Well… is it possible to care less than nothing at all? Otherwise I'm pretty sure your not alone on Earth and obviously not on this forum either judging by other responders. Obviously we're an anti- social bunch who don't want other people in our games. :)

2018 is looking like another good year? Battletech, BT4 (I think?), PoE2, Star Control and probably a lot of others I can't think of right now. Nice.

Well… is it possible to care less than nothing at all? Otherwise I'm pretty sure your not alone on Earth and obviously not on this forum either judging by other responders. Obviously we're an anti- social bunch who don't want other people in our games. :)

I think I care less than nothing at all. I subtract points from a game if it has multiplayer.

Than you are disqualified from the competition :p

I disagree. You can't despise something properly if you haven't tried it, then it's just prejudice and doesn't count. I've played a fair share of MMO's and I have to agree with Huggy.

Multiplayer doesn't kill games, other people do.

I disagree. You can't despise something properly if you haven't tried it, then it's just prejudice and doesn't count. I've played a fair share of MMO's and I have to agree with Huggy.

Multiplayer doesn't kill games, other people do.
But we are not talking about despising, we are talking who cares the least in the world about MP in the games.
And you cannot be that person if you played and enjoyed MP in the past.

This reminds me of the transition of diku-muds (for those who remember those in the 90's) as they changed from a grad school only experience to a free for all. The transition in communities behavior and intereactions was quite amusing.

Back
Top Bottom