What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

I'm not a fan of Mad Max in general, but I thought it was quite an experience. I didn't have a big problem with the story - as it was an obviously exaggerated reality scenario, and they didn't exactly try to make it plausible in any way.

It was like a vivid dream or something, and I think it worked well.

Saw the new Minions movie. It entertained me well.

Personally, I found both "despicable me" movies better, but the Minions-Movie had its plus sides as well.

If you watch it in 3D : Wait for the end of the end credits !

It possibly also hints at an 3rd "despicable me" movie !

Saw the new Minions movie. It entertained me well.

Personally, I found both "despicable me" movies better, but the Minions-Movie had its plus sides as well.

If you watch it in 3D : Wait for the end of the end credits !

It possibly also hints at an 3rd "despicable me" movie !

Did not like this all and I am a big fan of both Despicable Me movies. I don't know why but it just didn't work for me.

Straight Outta Compton,

Not a huge rap fan to say the least. A few songs I don't mind but this movie so well done. Both my wife and I really enjoyed it.
8.5/10

Tale of Tales

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3278330/

I would put this on your must see list just for the beautiful locations alone.
The costumes are very well done as well the acting.

The stories themselves are interesting but at the same time lacking at the same time.

It is a very enjoyable movie 8/10

Tale of Tales
I refuse (it smells like a misfired drama), but when I saw the actor there (Vincent Cassel)…

Do find, wherever you can, this unique gem:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450843/
Well… If you're not affraid of totally crazy nonmainstream stuff. :D
To quote some others:
the less you know about Sheitan beforehand, the better
Don't search for synopsis or reviews! Just watch.

I refuse (it smells like a misfired drama), but when I saw the actor there (Vincent Cassel)…

To quote some others:

Easy enough to find, I will let you know.

Easy? OMG…
Backe then, it took me several years to find it! And I had to pay a hefty sum for an import. :(
Okay, it's year 2015… Nothing should be a problem today.
I seem to forget which year it is just like EA and Ubi do when they're releasing decades old designs garbage.

Yes years ago it took money and time to find movies off the beaten path.

There use to be a store here that is all they cratered too. Long go now, zero places to here now to rent movies period.

Did not like this all and I am a big fan of both Despicable Me movies. I don't know why but it just didn't work for me.

I can understand you. I felt as if it was lacking some sort of ... spice.

Maybe it was so because Gru was missing, or a threat in general ?

I liked the female "badass", so to say, and her spouse looked like a mix between Beatles & Steve Townsend from The Who to me ...

Also highly ironic was - what most people probably didn't realize - her saying that no-one could think of a woman being a villain - "but times have changed !" This in times - the 60s ! - when there was still an quite conservative image how a woman should be was there ...

To quote some others:

I have to find a copy with subtitles, letting me know it was in French would of helped.

Be warned - if that is one of those French 'New Extreme' horror films, they really can be extremely disturbing and sadistic. I saw one called Martyrs, and it really upset me. Each to their own, but be aware of what you might be getting.

I stopped being fascinated by that kind of movie many years ago. Just don't see the point anymore.

Be warned - if that is one of those French 'New Extreme' horror film.s, they really can be extremely disturbing and sadistic. I saw one called Martyrs, and it really upset me. Each to their own, but be aware of what you might be getting.

I have seen a few movies like that in the past, someone told me about this movie so we rented. It didn't last long in the DVD player.

Southpaw.

My wife and I were very surprised by this movie. We both figured it would just be another boxing movie. Something to watch on a Friday night while waiting for Children to call for a ride home.

It is a good movie, the story isn't bad. I noticed a tear in my wife eye at one point during the movie.

7/10

Just watched the fantastic four. It wasn't as bad as everyone said it was. Is it a piece of historical movie watching, No by any means. Is it a okay flick to watch, sure is.

Back
Top Bottom