Game of the decade

1. Blackguards
2. Lords of Xulima
3. Drkensang: The River of Time

I haven't played Blackguards or Drakensang yet, but yeah I really enjoyed Xulima. I considered it for my top three. I thought the start and mid-game were really special and a great challenge, but the end-game got a bit weak - the area were you fight lots of demons got a bit tedious for me and dragged on a bit. It would definitely make my top ten though.

Yes, demons to fire plane felt a bit more draggy than the rest of the game.

The greatest compliment I can give Lords of Xulima is, after 100 hours of playing, I still wanted to finish the game because I wanted to see how the story ended. Also, I wanted to see how hard the end boss was because there was some truly epic fights in that game. I only finish around 50% of the crpg's I start.

Ok what I didn't like about them:
xumila - starts fantastic - first 10 hours are absolutely fab but after that it began to drag and become repetitive. Also while the game is 'open' it isn't; in order to maintain balance they force you down a near linear path which i found a bit of a drag. Instead of having fences; they have big jump in difficulty but none the less the design intends that you take a linear path. Personally the game could have been a bit shorter and have more moments like those in the first 10 hours and it would have been fantastic - focus on quality instead of quantity - that's not to say the last 40 hours were bad they just didn't seem to add much - but felt more like filler to make a long long long game.
-
blackguard - I could list a numerous dislikes but just read a few reviews (user or professional). I didn't find it as bad as most people but it was hardly what i would consider 'great'.
-
river of time: the story didn't grab me as well as the layout - it was ok - i played the full thing and it was a long time ago so the details of what i dislike are vague but i found it more of a time killer than an engaging game - vaguely also it felt incomplete but as i said it was a long time ago.
-
Dragon age 2 - it just have some really interesting moments (story wise) in the game that made up for the lack of this and that.
-
Anyway time for the gym - i don't think you will find many who would select your three as top of the decade - though many here at rpgwatch did like xum....

"Blah blah blah opinions, subjectivity, who else can say what I like, blah blah blah if I like reading a game of thrones fan fiction more than reading a charles dickens novel then I clearly think the fanfiction is better and therefore there's no correct answer to which is better."

Lmao. Dude, you just said DA2 needs a lot of work, the games I listed did not need a lot of additional work to be solid products. Lmao.

If you're dead set on following this avenue of deliberate contrariness for the sake of obtuseness then you could at least say what's wrong with the games you mentioned that make them worse than one of the worst games of the decade by every metric you could possibly use to measure such a statement.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TW3. It must be a main stream vid product or conformity fails.

That's an odd opinion. You may watch 78345638476587638764387 streams and still not see Triss as a love interest. Or Letho as helper. Or gwent tournament won.
If the best streaming material is one that cannot ever give you the complete experience, even if you watched numerous playthroughs for the rest of your life, than yes, TW3 would be #1.

But that aside. Two things happened here. Seems that the topic initiator is again MIA pursuing again whatever (he thinks that) makes him happy and most of us if not all, deliberately nominated only singleplayer RPGs.
But if I was honest, and I refused to be because he wasn't as his picks are supposed to be Bioshock 3, Anthem and whatever irrelevant coop title, my votes would go to only one singleplayer RPG and beside it Dishonored and League of Legends.

Thus the thread should be renamed into RPG of the decade IMO. Another, nonRPG of the decade, should be created.

Thus the thread should be renamed into RPG of the decade IMO. Another, nonRPG of the decade, should be created.

Funny thing ... I actually only considered this as a RPG of the Decade thread and evidently didn’t read well enough to get that it wasn’t. Otherwise I might have chosen differently (as my gaming loves are equally FPS and RPG).

Funny thing … I actually only considered this as a RPG of the Decade thread and evidently didn’t read well enough to get that it wasn’t. Otherwise I might have chosen differently (as my gaming loves are equally FPS and RPG).
For me I'm more of an RPG, Strategy, City Builder, and sometimes FPS player. Let it be noted I prefer the first two choices more then the last genres listed above.

I'm genuinely curious. Why did it appeal to you so much? I tried it briefly and found it mildly entertaining at best.

[Minecraft] I haven't played it in quite some time, but there's no denying that the one most impactful game of the past decade has been Minecraft (love it or hate it). Without it, there'd probably be no survival genre of games. By numbers alone, it has sold more than 176 million copies.

It appealed to me personally because you could go and do anything, build anything. Its exploration mechanics are some of the most gratifying I've experienced (across all genres). Spelunking and hearing rushing water to discover a secondary cavern system, etc. was immensely pleasurable to my personality.

1. Blackguards
2. Lords of Xulima
3. Drakensang: The River of Time

If you like Blackguards you have to play Vestaria Saga I: War of the Scions.
Map after map excellent challenging turn-based combat combined with a good story.

I don't wanna be a nitpicky but the doesn't the current decade end only on 31st December 2020?

Henriquejr is right, because we historically we have no year 0.
-2, -1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,....
So the first decade was 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
the second decade 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20

No one counts like that. New decade starts at '20. 2010-01-01 was the start of 10's, ended at 2019-12-30. 10 years. 20 is the start of the 20's, a new decade.

I also don't see why wouldn't have a year zero. if we didn't have year zero we couldn't have year 1 because then 1 would not mean 1 year.

Yep he is right. Never said he wasn't.:)

Basically a number error that no one really cares about.

Common usage is 10/20/30/40 and so on though.

Just like the debate over what calendar year to use. Before the Common Era or Before the Current Era vs anno Domini, "in [the] year of [the] Lord"), and BC ("before Christ").

That's an odd opinion. You may watch 78345638476587638764387 streams and still not see Triss as a love interest. Or Letho as helper. Or gwent tournament won.
If the best streaming material is one that cannot ever give you the complete experience, even if you watched numerous playthroughs for the rest of your life, than yes, TW3 would be #1.

Odd maybe but less odd than relying on watching billions of streams to get the complete experience.

Simple minded people would not rely on streams, they would rely on video makers to get the full experience. Watching videos is the way to get the full experience. Certainly not playing TW3.

TW3 is impersonal, necessary as the group prevails in the american system. There is no outcome in TW3 than another person can not bring. A person is not needed behind the desk as another person can bring any situation the former person would bring.

TW3 provides nothing to set one player apart from another.
Want to know what happens when this or that, a vid maker has already done the job, putting out a video milking views.

Watching vids is the most pratical path to get the full experience.

And of course, TW3 is number one. Could not be other.

Back
Top Bottom