Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray, this is great! :)

If someone can think of a better word than 'Like' let me know (and no, it can't be brofist ;))

I propose Upvote for a post that you appreciate and Downvote for one that you don't.

Thus goes the world of Reddit.

I don't want to see a "like" because I hate the Facebook from the bottom of my …

So let's not limit posts to just an Upvote.
Let's humiliate those whom tag our home with filth.

IMO downvotes are useful on message boards with lots and lots of postings and spam. Given that our traffic is rather moderate, however, I think we can afford to stay positive.

like synonyms
(..)
I like [I agree], [I applaud] and [respect] :)
How about [bow] or [prostrate]… :biggrin:

From your list I kind of like the sound of [esteem]. Sounds regal, in a way.

[favor] sounds good, too.

Maybe native english speakers should decide what is fitting best.

I think on a board like RPGWatch the term [I agree] has the best usability.

I don't want to see a "like" because I hate the Facebook from the bottom of my …
From your post I understand that you don't hate the functionality but you just hate the word? If it would be called anything else but 'like' you would be OK with it?

And no, I'm not going to implement a 'dislike' option (or whatever your preference of name for it is).

I think the problem is that people confuse the message with the messenger, which is very common. So, when people like or dislike a post - you don't actually know if it's personal or not, and a lot of people will take it to heart.

From my point of view, our "internet personas" don't necessarily reflect much of reality when it comes to what we're like in "real life", so I don't really fret about it. One can be 100% honest and open - and yet come off as a complete bastard - and the other way around, even if it has little or nothing to do with reality.

Then again, I'm pretty experienced when it comes to facing internet bile - and I've been called any derogative you can think of. I've learned that even the simplest miscommunication can cause the most explosive reactions.

How can I take that level of ignorance seriously?

While I agree this like feature is largely superfluous and can often be one more way to state your opinion without really stating it, it's not something to be taken seriously. Just a bit of added entertainment.

That said, I have no doubt a lot of people will put something into it that was never meant to be there.

We can always name it 'thumbs up', saves us redoing the icon :)

And I agree that there might be some that think too much of this feature.

We can always name it 'thumbs up', saves us redoing the icon :)
I like that. ;)

Well, there are three cases in which I'd use the button:

1. I like what someone wrote
2. I want to thank someone for what they wrote
3. I agree with what someone wrote ("What they said!", "I second that!")

"Thumbs up" would catch everything, as would something like "+1" (it's shorter, too).

Not sure what the stats could be called...

A Thumbs up is ok. Please get rid of the Like…

From your post I understand that you don't hate the functionality but you just hate the word? If it would be called anything else but 'like' you would be OK with it?

And no, I'm not going to implement a 'dislike' option (or whatever your preference of name for it is).

What I don't like is that it feels like this abode is trying to implement features of social networks and I passionately hate them. And I mean all of them.
Seeing a Like feature gives me a headache. It annoys me greatly.
I see them Like bs features everywhere and I don't want to be reminded of them here.
I feel like that feature is advertisement for them shitty networks.
I understand that it is not your intention but that's how it makes me feel.

I also understand that The Watch seeks change, wants to evolve and thus implement new elements in our daily conversations to make them more interesting but the line must be drawn here. This far no further!!

I love the isolation of the maddening world that I find here.
I don't want to be reminded of the outside world when I visit.

I would accept a Thumbs up. Yeah. I could live with that. ;)

IMO downvotes are useful on message boards with lots and lots of postings and spam. Given that our traffic is rather moderate, however, I think we can afford to stay positive.

How about [bow] or [prostrate]… :biggrin:

From your list I kind of like the sound of [esteem]. Sounds regal, in a way.

Indeed.

Down voting is like a virtual Pitchfork.
We don't need hating here.
It would only fuel hatred amongst those whom have been forked.
And like Dartagnan said, this could get explosive!
We don't take kindly to that kind of bs here either.

Let's call it Dhruined :)

Thumbs up given: 1
Thumbs up got: 6 in 3 posts

Don't think I'll be using our new feature any time soon, but if other folks find it entertaining more power to them.

Bad bad HiddenX! Wicked, bad, naughty HiddenX!

Have one from me also so you now you have two.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom