Three games you most want remade

I tried to install that lemmings from Microsoft but apparently you need windows 8. Windows 8! For Lemmings! Arghhh!!!

I'll just play my old version then but I found that 'restriction' amusing for an old dos/amiga game.

It's not the game itself, it's the Microsoft Store that needs Windows 8 or later. I'm sure the game can be found online and run through DOSBox.

Everquest honestly doesn't need a remake, you just need to avoid the Daybreak versions. Play Project ninety-nine instead, that comes quite close to capturing how fine a game it truly was twenty-two years ago.

You can still get legally the old Lemmings demos. They should run fine on DOSBOX.

At least I think they are legal, because they are demos - and demos are normally freeware ...

I have found a link : https://archive.org/details/Lemmings_1020

Anyway, a few more games I'd love to see modern versions of:

Hidden and Dangerous
Jagged Alliance 2
Captive
Xenomorph
Warlords 3 DLR

Why not both Jagged Alliance 1 & 2? :)
If I may add a few more game to my previous list :)
  • Silent Storm: oh boy, how I liked… no, I loved this game back at the day (though I've never played the 'Sentinels' add-on)
  • Warcraft II

Why not both Jagged Alliance 1 & 2? :)
If I may add a few more game to my previous list :)
  • Silent Storm: oh boy, how I liked… no, I loved this game back at the day (though I've never played the 'Sentinels' add-on)
  • Warcraft II

Not personally a big fan of the first JA - but why not :)

A few more:

Lords of Chaos
International Karate
Battlecars

I wanted DAO, DAII to be remastered because of the RPG story progression system, background for different races, just to show it to the new players, and Morrowind because of faction system and variety of different societies, but I lost my hopes already. For some reason interaction with NPCs in 3rd person games are left for anime games like FF and western games are demanded to be with perfect graphics, humans only as PC and a lot of mobs to kill. And with Witcher 3 - some cinematics around it. So it seems that all the remakes didn't make any difference.

Joust. Let's do it in VR this time. Could be the start of a whole new series of Arcade-to-VR games. Frogger in VR would be a LOT more exciting!

Xenosaga, but do all the planned stories. The battle system in the first game was just fine, so either use that or come up with something better. If you can throw in Xenogears and the Xenoblade games, so much the better.

Jade Empire. The Yakuza series gave me my RPG/fighting hybrid fix, but I want more! Yakuza is going turn based, too, so there's a niche to jump in to.

Didn't make the cut….

Sacrifice? Nah, actually I would rather have a Sacrifice 2. We can go to another strange world, with strange gods to work for. Maybe give the original a face lift, let it use something else to do its multiplayer, and make it part of the 'collector's edition' or something.

No One Lives Forever? Given what happened to Ms. Croft, I'm dubious about what will happen to Kate.

The Knights of the Old Republic games? Would be great for humanity, but this is about what *I* want, and I've played them enough.

Star Fleet Battles games? Nah, that license's games don't need a remake, the license needs to try again with a completely new game. Something turn based, isometric.

I don't want a Jade Empire remake, but I'd love to see a good sequel.

Same with No One Lives Forever.

Your VR Joust and/or Frogger idea is hilarious though! Hopping through first person traffic could be quite the adrenaline rush.

The two I would love to see be remade well:
Legacy of the Ancients, my first CRPG and Hellgate: London, still love the concept of that game and managed to have some fun with a modded version of the original.

DArtagnan deleted his account (again) already??

Unsurprisingly :)
I just don't get why he keeps doing that, over and over again. I mean: he could only give a break and all, like we all do sometimes, keeping his account.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom