Black Geyser - Early Access Available

Redglyph

SasqWatch
GrapeOcean Technologies and V Publishing have released the Early Access of Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Events, on GoG and Steam.

Black Geyser Officially Launches Into Early Access

Are you ready to be corrupted by Greed? Black Geyser Is Available NOW on Steam & GoG!

Ho there, adventurers!

We're incredibly proud to say that Black Geyser has officially launched into Early Access! Our successfully backed Kickstarter project has been in development since 2015, with the size and scope of the game increasing since that time.

Early Access is an opportunity to not only get the game in your hands, but to also get your feedback on as many areas as possible so that we can iterate and improve, and make Black Geyser the best CRPG it can be. We hope you'll join us on this journey.

As a small team, we're ensuring that we not only collect your feedback and prioritise what we think matters, but also reveal in the coming days our roadmap ahead. Be sure to join our Discord and let us know what you think.

[...]

Get your copy of Black Geyser on Steam and GoG for $24.99. We have an exclusive launch week discount of 10%.
An Early Access celebration stream is currently broadcasting on Steam ("4pm EST" according to the link, which seems to be a double typo).

More information.

Very curious about this one. The early access tag keeps me away for now but I'm ready to give it a try once it's fully released.

@vanedor; so the game was supposed to be finished by Aug 2019 and was already behind and then Covid happened. The devs got a publisher, which they swore that they were going to self publish in the kickstarter:

"We concluded that involving a game publisher for funding the completion of the game would tie our hands, limit our creative freedom and restrict our ability to customize the game based on your feedback. On the contrary, a successful Kickstarter lets us keep our freedom and directly involve you in the project.

At the end of the day we only want to answer to one person, (the collective) you."

With the money from V Publishing and other investors, they increased the scope. This has added more time to the already massively late game. I thought I read somewhere that they thought early access would be 18-24 months, but I can't find that now.

Bottom line: I'd say dump it on your wishlist as I thought the demo (Chapter 1) was decent, but not amazing. I'll buy the EA version and keep updating the game threads as I play it. This will save everyone else money :)

Last edited:
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Animated Trailer

Zornilsa, the goddess of greed, introduces us to the world of Yerengal and her dark union with the devil-God Rothgor, leaving Isilmerald teetering on the brink of chaos.

Thanks for the story bit. It has been on my wishlist for a while. I wonder, what sort of ruleset are they using?

Yep, the only reason I'm buying is that I'm already invested in the content via the demo, so might as well jump in. I totally get waiting since this group may or may not improve the product, which is decidedly average, imo of course.

Back
Top Bottom