Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Developer Diary #6 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Developer Diary #6

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Developer Diary #6

August 27th, 2021, 19:28
Creative Director Alexander Mishulin gives an introduction to the Mythic Paths in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

Going Mythical | Wrath of the Righteous Developer Diary #6

What are the Mythic Paths? Good question! Watch our Creative Director Alexander Mishulin answering it in our new dev diary.

loading…

Timestamps:

More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

August 28th, 2021, 06:09
The more I learn of this game, the more interested I become. It seems like mythic paths will give the game immense replay potential from a gameplay standpoint, at least.

It's looking really good! My pre-order finger is itching for the first time in many years…

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

August 28th, 2021, 08:45
There was an interview on PCGamer this week as well.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Interview - PC Gamer
Replaying Kingmaker today is quite a different experience than it was in 2018. Turn-based combat means area-of-effect spells actually hit the enemies you want, and your characters don't charge into battle directly over traps that have already been discovered. It's easier to manage your kingdom thanks to crisis points that can be spent to improve the odds of dealing with disasters, while the build points you need for construction and research projects can be bought right there in the kingdom management menu rather than by exiting it, then physically leaving your throne room to find the one merchant in your settlement who sells them.
I found it very informative and Owlcat talks about future Pathfinder settings.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)

August 28th, 2021, 10:57
Originally Posted by SveNitoR View Post
The more I learn of this game, the more interested I become. It seems like mythic paths will give the game immense replay potential from a gameplay standpoint, at least.

It's looking really good! My pre-order finger is itching for the first time in many years
You can have a look at Fextralife's wiki, if you want to get an idea of all the classes, archetypes and prestige classes. It's mind-boggling Just for the class at character creation, you have 25+161=186 possibilities.

Here's the link. Don't look at the companions or the mythic paths! It's a bit of a spoiler IMO, he should have hidden some of them.

They added more at each update. I checked against the "early final" version and he seems to have all the classes right, as well as the mythic paths and other things.

I don't want to push you, and chances are it's probably best to wait a little for hotfixes before playing it, but if you pre-order you get a few bonuses (link). Not a big deal though.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
There was an interview on PCGamer this week as well.
Oh nice, thanks!

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

+1:

August 28th, 2021, 15:45
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
You can have a look at Fextralife's wiki, if you want to get an idea of all the classes, archetypes and prestige classes. It's mind-boggling Just for the class at character creation, you have 25+161=186 possibilities.

Here's the link. Don't look at the companions or the mythic paths! It's a bit of a spoiler IMO, he should have hidden some of them.

They added more at each update. I checked against the "early final" version and he seems to have all the classes right, as well as the mythic paths and other things.

I don't want to push you, and chances are it's probably best to wait a little for hotfixes before playing it, but if you pre-order you get a few bonuses (link). Not a big deal though.

Oh nice, thanks!
I took a peek at the content there and the class videos on youtube. Seems like a good mix of classes with not too much overlap between them.

I also looked quickly at mythic classes to not spoil stuff and they seem interesting as well. Also that legend makes the max level 40, which sounds awesome if I decide to go without mythic path…

BTW what is max level otherwise? 30?

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

August 28th, 2021, 15:59
BTW what is max level otherwise? 30?
The max level is 20

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

August 28th, 2021, 16:02
The max level is 20
Wow. So the mythic path powers are considerd equivalent to 20 extra levels. That's pretty cool. I usually really enjoy campaigns that go that far in power.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

August 28th, 2021, 16:33
Wow. So the mythic path powers are considerd equivalent to 20 extra levels. That's pretty cool. I usually really enjoy campaigns that go that far in power.
I'm not sure how to count that. There are 10 levels in the mythic path progression, and in parallel, 20 in the regular class progression.

The mechanics are significantly different to the tabletop version, from what Owlcat Games said. But the idea remains the same, adding a lot of power so that the party can face very powerful enemies. Perhaps that makes them 20-40, but I don't know the game enough in that area to judge.

It certainly makes for a lot of head scratching when it's time to level up, either for the class or for the mythic path

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

August 28th, 2021, 16:35
I'm not sure how to count that. There are 10 levels in the mythic path progression, and in parallel, 20 in the regular class progression.

The mechanics are significantly different to the tabletop version, from what Owlcat Games said. But the idea remains the same, adding a lot of power so that the party can face very powerful enemies. Perhaps that makes them 20-40, but I don't know the game enough in that area to judge.

It certainly makes for a lot of head scratching when it's time to level up, either for the class or for the mythic path
Yes, and that's a great kind of head scratching

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

August 30th, 2021, 11:13
Indeed, the amount of options is staggering. Took me a week of reading, watching videos etc to finally settle on a build for my first character (Aasimar Oracle, Battle, Angel due to the merging of spellbooks).

We don't know too much about the Gold Dragon path yet, but I suspect my second character will follow that path. Either that or Lich. Time will tell.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Developer Diary #6