WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Lesser restoration doesn't cost diamond dusts for anyone but restoration and great restoration do.

w00t! My biggest trouble with WotR is build paralysis. I think I've created 15 or so different mage subclasses to find something I can live with. My trouble is I want my main to be able to do it all :)

w00t! My biggest trouble with WotR is build paralysis. I think I've created 15 or so different mage subclasses to find something I can live with. My trouble is I want my main to be able to do it all :)

That's not how party-based games work :D

It's ok to delegate.

Yeah, I know. I'm a single-character guy normally so letting other people in my party is a downer but I'm living with it. I just never like most companions in any game, typically. I did like Imoen in BG and Vilja/Inigo in Skyrim. Ooh and the lady mutant in FNV…Lilly?

Thanks for the tips on keeping the sub-windows open. I find I use my consumables much better if I just keep the A/B tabs up during combats.

This might be super-obvious to many but since I have just seen complaints about the length of TB combat again: Note that you can hold down 'space' during any character's turn to speed up their move/animations etc. (same as in BattleTech for example). The only thing you need to be careful about is the fact that 'space' is also the default key for ending a turn so make sure to let go of the 'space' button early enough so you do not accidentally skip the turn of the character who is next in line (if it is one of your party allies turn anyway).

This is especially helpful in larger battles when the enemy AI is moving all of their many units. You don't have to just sit there and watch or, well you do ;) ... but you can speed it up big time by holding down 'space'.

It is a bit of a pity that, as far as I can tell, you can not rebind the 'end turn' key to a different one. Owlcat have thought of nearly everything, even the ability to rebind keys for skipping dialogues and cutscenes but 'end turn' seems to be hard-coded to the 'space' button. That makes it slightly dangerous on higher difficulties when you are using 'space' to speed up TB combat but it's OK if you pay attention.

You could join Team Corwin within DDO. ;) We have a good team there, all spots are filled.
I would too but I'm playing only phonegame lootboxridden mmos, not time for no lootbox mmos.

Radiance. The sword you found while starting the game.
I didn't sell it but was always with me somewhere.
Hopefully you kept it too:
Eventually it becomes the only +6 weapon in the whole game.

Remember when I said you need to pass ridiculous skillchecks to read both parts of Lexicon?
Turns out there is an easier way:
If you brought as many Elven Scrolls to Storyteller as possible, he'll in the end give you a blank page - this blank page will allow you to read Lexicon without any skillchecks!
Reading it will net you a truckload of experience, probably enough for a couple of level ups, too bad you've reached the level cap ten days ago, the developers' joke is on you. :)

This might be super-obvious to many but since I have just seen complaints about the length of TB combat again: Note that you can hold down 'space' during any character's turn to speed up their move/animations etc. (same as in BattleTech for example). The only thing you need to be careful about is the fact that 'space' is also the default key for ending a turn so make sure to let go of the 'space' button early enough so you do not accidentally skip the turn of the character who is next in line (if it is one of your party allies turn anyway).
Do you need to hold it? In the beta I just had to press SPACE once for the whole turn, or at least until the next manual intervention.

Note that you have two sliders to adjust the speed of animations, for friends and foes separately (from x1.0 to x3.0).

The game should have a remapping option for the end of turn and/or the temporary speed-up, indeed! Don't hesitate to send a suggestion from the game. It's not likely to be done soon, but they do listen to suggestions. :)

This might also seem obvious, but I only discovered it accidentally. As was mentioned above, there are several different Generals. When I first was asked to choose one, there were only 4 options and I didn't realise that others were actually available until I tabbed out to learn more about them and when I returned to the game I had a different selection to choose from.

All I see there is that someone killed Greybor. There are companions that deserved to die at least twice, but no, they killed Greybor. WTF? :D

All I see there is that someone killed Greybor. There are companions that deserved to die at least twice, but no, they killed Greybor. WTF? :D

I'm curious - who deserves to die at least twice? ;)

Some people would have no choice but kill Greybor if:

You didn't have enough money to hire him. He demands a lot smaller sum now but he asked for ridiculous amount of money in beta, he was dubbed Scambor

I killed greybor - and he cursed my game ;-)

He *dared* to threaten me ...*ME*!? ... so he died. Simple. (He died quite easily - in the alpha he had backup...?)

Except now I can't continue without hacking the game, and I'm afraid that will bugger up more stuff. So I'm waiting impatiently for a fix.... probbaly just as well, I had logged over 70- hours since release and really was playing too much.

Okay, I assume the tiefling in the basement is Wolfgrim or whatever. Is that the new thief? Can I drop the cleric with the psycho battle cries and maybe make Lann a Fighter/Cleric hybrid of some type? I'm not sure the tiefling will be a long term answer either though. I want all good-aligned characters in my play through. I thought about dropping everyone and just taking mercenaries that don't carry blah-blah baggage, but I'm trying to keep a core of companions this time.

Okay, I assume the tiefling in the basement is Wolfgrim or whatever. Is that the new thief? Can I drop the cleric with the psycho battle cries and maybe make Lann a Fighter/Cleric hybrid of some type? I'm not sure the tiefling will be a long term answer either though. I want all good-aligned characters in my play through. I thought about dropping everyone and just taking mercenaries that don't carry blah-blah baggage, but I'm trying to keep a core of companions this time.

I made Lann my party cleric because I too couldn't stand Sosiel. Lann is well equipped for it stat-wise, and he is decent with a bow with just the couple of Zen Archer levels he begins with for a good part of the game. Later on he'll get vastly outranked by Arueshalae in that department, but by then Lann functions well as a buffbot to enhance others to do the damage. You can also have him take the "Impossible Domain - Animal" mythic feat at the first opportunity you have to get a dog/wolf companion that becomes quite massive. With the appropriate companion-specific buffs, the dog/wolf can be as durable as a fully dedicated character main tank, while passively knocking down about every enemy they hit.

On GOG, I have a patch with almost 6 MB there.
6 MB ? Normally, patches are about 6 GB these days …

It is called 1.0.3d

Late in chapter 2, Lann is certainly my most deadly character with his keen longbow. He is regularly doing 60+ damage per attack and with 3 attacks / round, it almost feel like cheating.

He is followed by my PC, a level 9 cavalier. Seela is pretty strong too but she doesn't have the mobility and sheer attack power my cavalier has. Camellia is decent, especially now that I found her a new rapier, she is very polyvalent.

On GOG, I have a patch with almost 6 MB there.
6 MB ? Normally, patches are about 6 GB these days …

It is called 1.0.3d

Yeah, someone mentioned it in another thread. More bug fixing.

We’ve just uploaded a hot-fix for the following issues:

Couldn’t choose the mythic path of Gold Dragon after retraining - fixed. If you retrained before the 1.0.3 patch, and Gold Dragon didn’t work, this should fix your problem;
The ruler of Alushinyrra and her guest wasn’t present during your audience with them in chapter 4 - fixed;
The game will stop pausing after the level-up interface now;
You will be able to retrain a character on the Demon Mythic Path now. However, if you retrained your demon in chapter 2 in version 1.0.2, you will need to load an earlier save, before you retrained. Otherwise you will have issues with the event when you get summoned in a dream and the following events.

Known issues:
In chapter 5, on the Mythic Path of Demon, Yozz will come to speak with you right after the summit and ask to come with him. If you tell him that you need more time to prepare, you won’t be able to progress the quest. The workaround is to go with him without delay.

@vanedor; - yeah, I just auto-level Lann - he out damages everyone and later his Zen ki powers allow him to deal with cold iron damage reduction, amongst others. I usually cast haste on the party and then he kills most enemies before I even enter the fray ;-) It does feel like cheating - I would have lost severl more challenging fights I think, if not for him. Later he gets the equivalent or power atack, multishot etc etc. Seelah eventully starts doing better - initially her damage output is quite poor.

EDIT: Lann can also get an extra attack with his ki pool 'extra attack' option ... at level 12 with haste he gets 7 attacks :-o *pew*pew*pew*

Late in chapter 2, Lann is certainly my most deadly character with his keen longbow. He is regularly doing 60+ damage per attack and with 3 attacks / round, it almost feel like cheating.

He is followed by my PC, a level 9 cavalier. Seela is pretty strong too but she doesn't have the mobility and sheer attack power my cavalier has. Camellia is decent, especially now that I found her a new rapier, she is very polyvalent.
Camélia doesn't do any damage for me. How do you get her to do actual damage?

@vanedor; - yeah, I just auto-level Lann - he out damages everyone and later his Zen ki powers allow him to deal with cold iron damage reduction, amongst others. I usually cast haste on the party and then he kills most enemies before I even enter the fray ;-) It does feel like cheating - I would have lost severl more challenging fights I think, if not for him. Later he gets the equivalent or power atack, multishot etc etc. Seelah eventully starts doing better - initially her damage output is quite poor.

EDIT: Lann can also get an extra attack with his ki pool 'extra attack' option ... at level 12 with haste he gets 7 attacks :-o *pew*pew*pew*
Seelah with a mount is doing very well damage wise for me and remains very tanky too.

Back
Top Bottom