Legends of Eisenwald - 90% Off Until October 12th - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legends of Eisenwald - 90% Off Until October 12th

Default Legends of Eisenwald - 90% Off Until October 12th

October 11th, 2021, 04:51
I tried it for a bit but couldn't really get into it. Maybe I'll give it another run.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

October 11th, 2021, 08:55
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
I really wanted to like this game, but since it makes you start over from scratch on each map I soon abandoned it. Sense of gradual progression is very important for me in games.
the only downside in my opinion.
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 11th, 2021, 09:39
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
This was one of the aspects that got seriously borked by poor translation. IIRC, the game is German by origin, so you probably played it as it was intended, but playing it in English was much more of a struggle. Understandable for a small developer, but this might have been a case where the dev could have benefitted from not translating it until the reviews and word of mouth had built up from their home country & maybe got a group of dedicated fans to help with the translation at a later date.
As far as I remember the game was set in medieval germany, but the developer is from Belarus, so the original language was likely russian.
I dont remember any issues with the German translation though.
--
Doing Let's Plays Reviews in English now. Latest Video: Cyberpunk 2077
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

October 12th, 2021, 11:18
This is one of the most underrated games out there. I just replayed it a couple of month ago, for like the 5th time. The "start from scratch" should be ignored, is identical to Disciples where you rehire units every map and nobody complaint about that.
Some of the quests are quite awesome… they span multiple maps and don't hold your hand.. you have to pay attention to the story and follow clues.
But it's the combat where this game shines. It's an evolution on Disciples 2 combat, adding a more tactical approach. To me, this is the best combat system for this type of games.

Odrid

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

October 12th, 2021, 11:33
Originally Posted by Odrid View Post
The "start from scratch" should be ignored, is identical to Disciples where you rehire units every map and nobody complaint about that.
I've never played Disciples before but I do hear it mentioned every now and then. I'll add it to my potential future plays.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

October 12th, 2021, 13:01
I tried Disciples back in the day but I was a HoMM 3 fan-boy. Just couldn't get into Disciples but I will try the reboot or whatever is being made now.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

October 12th, 2021, 14:00
Originally Posted by Odrid View Post
This is one of the most underrated games out there. I just replayed it a couple of month ago, for like the 5th time. The "start from scratch" should be ignored, is identical to Disciples where you rehire units every map and nobody complaint about that.
Some of the quests are quite awesome… they span multiple maps and don't hold your hand.. you have to pay attention to the story and follow clues.
But it's the combat where this game shines. It's an evolution on Disciples 2 combat, adding a more tactical approach. To me, this is the best combat system for this type of games.
Actually, I think it's one of the reasons I never got far into Disciples too so it isn't a point that should be ignored if it's something people don't like.

Even in heroes of Might and Magic, I much prefer playing one off large maps than the campaigns as the campaigns aren't actual campaigns anyway since you almost always restart the map with nothing from before except for some heroes.

It's not because you didn't mind it that it should be ignored.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

October 13th, 2021, 22:42
I can certainly understand disliking losing most / all of your troops on each map. I did find it a bit disappointing, but building up your army by capturing forts and recruiting peasants / mercenaries is an important part of LoE gameplay loop. If you didn't lose troops with every level, the only solution would be to have you grow your army to a massive size.. Perhaps that would've been fun but it also would've made fights take forever.

IIRC you can leave extra soldiers at a fort to defend it if enemies try to take it over, but you don't control them in combat unless your they're with your main character. I suppose what I really would've liked to see is you be able to divide your forces into different units that you have full control over.

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legends of Eisenwald - 90% Off Until October 12th