WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Finished the Mortal Legend path and had some very interesting choices. Anyhow on a scale of good endings this was maybe a 3 or 4 (10 being best)l. At first I thought I was pretty happy going ML but in the end was not … was just not something I enjoyed. Also for some reason I thought everything had gone well with Daeran and he got the worst ending, while with Lobo, who didn't even remotely romance with him, got an excellent ending for him. At least I got good endings for most of the others except Nenio as I couldn't bring myself to do her long quest again ... and I was unhappy with how every thing developed with my ML game so just wanted to get it done with.

I was so meh on the ending that as soon as the credits rolled I deleted all the saves. To go into any more detail would require too many spoilers and a lot of it is more RP. I wish I had gone Dragon or Angel all the way. Ah well … decisions decisions.

So Lobo remains my canon and only game I have saved so far (in case there is ever DLC or what not). I think I have one more play through in me though and already planning it out.

On the plus side I saw a lot more of the game - angel path and ML path, did many new quests, got to know Reg and Greybor and one of the secret companions you meet in the abyss.

Finished the Mortal Legend path and had some very interesting choices. Anyhow on a scale of good endings this was maybe a 3 or 4 (10 being best)l. At first I thought I was pretty happy going ML but in the end was not … was just not something I enjoyed. Also for some reason I thought everything had gone well with Daeran and he got the worst ending, while with Lobo, who didn't even remotely romance with him, got an excellent ending for him. At least I got good endings for most of the others except Nenio as I couldn't bring myself to do her long quest again … and I was unhappy with how every thing developed with my ML game so just wanted to get it done with.

I was so meh on the ending that as soon as the credits rolled I deleted all the saves. To go into any more detail would require too many spoilers and a lot of it is more RP. I wish I had gone Dragon or Angel all the way. Ah well … decisions decisions.

Aww that's sad to hear. Yeah, I keep hearing legend story is underwhelming :/ I will have to experience it myself one day (5th run!)

You could reload the earlier save to lock in angel in chapter 5 and finish the run again? I liked angel story :)

Aww that's sad to hear. Yeah, I keep hearing legend story is underwhelming :/ I will have to experience it myself one day (5th run!)

You could reload the earlier save to lock in angel in chapter 5 and finish the run again? I liked angel story :)

Aye I thought about that but deleted the saves before I had given things much thought ... which is typical of me :p

I think I was just bummed about Daeran. I think one and/or two things happened.

Either giving up my mythical powers made the Tribunal think I could not watch him over him properly and/or when I gave my speech early in Act V and you choose to go on your own path or stick around Drezen I said I would go on my own path ... although not sure why that would matter if I took Daeran with me so think it might have been related to loss of mythic powers ... or some obscure decision/answer I didn't make. I was on good terms with Daeran, Liotr, everyone really with a stellar reputation so not sure.

Toldya so. That path is boring. I mean cmon. Iomedae is borig. Tiring. :D

Toldya so. That path is boring. I mean cmon. Iomedae is borig. Tiring. :D

She did get on my nerves a bit lol.

That being said I did like the angel path though I was taking it more NG/CG path. I wish I had gone all the way with it and regret not doing so. Yet can always redo at some point although if I did it would be with a Tiefling Angel this time. The Dhampir being "undead" was a bit odd.

I heard the Trickster can make you a bit insane later on. Is that so?

I started a third game today although haven't decided on the path yet. Won't be playing as heavy though as I want to put some time into Encased now.

I heard the Trickster can make you a bit insane later on. Is that so?
Certain dialogue outcomes are insane indeed.
But your character... I can't say as I paused the progress (late chapter 5) due to the last patch shenanigans that broke many things so I was scared it could destroy my savegame. :(

No.
Only timers in the game are in the game prologue.
Once you enter the world map you may do things whenever you like.
However, some quests are chapter related so try you do everything before proceeding to the next chapter (the game warns you if open sidequests will get a fail state if you push forward).

I've only played a part during beta 2. They did say that there would be no timed quests, so I'd expect there aren't any hidden timers (except the morale in the crusader system, I suppose). Better let someone who played through it with the release answer this.

No.
Only timers in the game are in the game prologue.
Once you enter the world map you may do things whenever you like.
However, some quests are chapter related so try you do everything before proceeding to the next chapter (the game warns you if open sidequests will get a fail state if you push forward).

Thanks both. That's good as I'm very very slow.

End of chapter 3 spoilers.

I'm in the mightnight fan level and I get these "help your allies whenever I hear the horn" quests. Yet, I'm really puzzled, when I return to the Queen / herald, I don't see any battle. I already failed the first of these quests and I'm not sure what I should do to not fail the second one.

If you don't see any battle and it fails then it's a bug.
It is not a gamestopper, just an annoyance.
Because regardless of what you do there, the queen will pull a bad joke on you.
If you don't fail it however there is a chance, not guaranteed as it depends on more stuff than just those fights, there is a chance you:
at least keep the title.

End of chapter 3 spoilers.

I'm in the mightnight fan level and I get these "help your allies whenever I hear the horn" quests. Yet, I'm really puzzled, when I return to the Queen / herald, I don't see any battle. I already failed the first of these quests and I'm not sure what I should do to not fail the second one.

Sometimes, you sort of need to go look for them - they get stuck behind doors or something and can't reach queen/herald

Sometimes, you sort of need to go look for them - they get stuck behind doors or something and can't reach queen/herald

I never managed to see them and failed all these rescue quests :-(. Oh well. Despite that, I have managed to retain my "title" and move forward to chapter 4.

Did you have the sound off? There is a horn that goes off summoning you. You have to drop everything immediately and make your way directly to the room. It tends to happen in the same areas and you can't run back through a known path as usually there is a new way in that is close by. If you wait too long, or back track, or decide to loot just a few more things, good chance to miss it.

I'm having trouble casting Mass Dimension Door. Whenever I cast the single one I have no issues. Is there something I need to do differently ?

EDIT: I got it to work for Mass but only to a visible location, whilst Single works behind locked doors. Is that intended ?

I'm having trouble casting Mass Dimension Door. Whenever I cast the single one I have no issues. Is there something I need to do differently ?

EDIT: I got it to work for Mass but only to a visible location, whilst Single works behind locked doors. Is that intended ?

I don't know how it is meant to work but my experience mirrors your. Single could go behind a door but not mass.

I don't know how it is meant to work but my experience mirrors your. Single could go behind a door but not mass.

I haven't noticed it myself but it could be something to do with needing room to teleport more than 1 person.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom