VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Postponed and New Studio - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Postponed and New Studio

Default VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Postponed and New Studio

October 15th, 2021, 04:29
Well update time everyone.

Paradox considered cancelling Bloodlines 2 - RPS
The interview was with a Swedish news agency in Swedish, as seen on Placera. You can get the broad meaning from machine translation but the technology is imperfect, so I reached out to Paradox for a more accurate version of key parts.

"When we removed the game from the original developer we took a long look at whether we should cancel it or continue development," Wester said in the translation Paradox provided. "We were prepared to stop production completely, but we received a pitch that was persuasive enough for us to continue with. We have high hopes that this will be a good game that meets our players' desires."

Paradox still haven't said who has taken over making Bloodlines 2. Wester passed on answering a question about that in this interview, but did say they're "a very reputable and talented developer" who've made several games before. It's also unknown how much the new Bloodlines 2 resembles the old Bloodlines 2, though Wester seemingly said in this interview [currently going off Google Translate for this part, soz] that they can still use much of the work. For all anyone knows, that could mean anything from re-using art assets to picking up where Hardsuit left off. Hard to say when what happened is such a secret.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)

October 15th, 2021, 04:53
I watched a documentary about the original Vampire: The Masquerade game, White Wolf Studios and the creative minds behind it. It is really, really sad how absolutely tortured this license is. It's a bizarre story. I think the documentary is called "World of Darkness" and I recommend it to gamers that want to see how a slice of the early tabletop gaming world was designed and played out in the 90's, during the heyday of "The Camarilla" and goth LARPing.
--
My mother said that dreams aren't real. But nightmares are.

FurtiveNyctophile

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 15th, 2021, 05:33
Well at least we now know a well known developer has taking over development. Any guesses? They did mention the new developer has released seven games already.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 15th, 2021, 06:06
Whatever hype they had for this game has long since fizzled, and I think a lot of people have understandably wriiten it off at this point. Imo, they're better off not even talking about it until significant progress has been made.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)

October 15th, 2021, 10:16
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Well at least we now know a well known developer has taking over development. Any guesses? They did mention the new developer has released seven games already.
In the article they said "flera spel" wich means several games not seven

mprod

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

October 15th, 2021, 10:34
Originally Posted by mprod View Post
In the article they said "flera spel" wich means several games not seven
The article I quoted said several which usually sounds like 7 in English. Not the first time this happened. Anyway according to a dictionary several means more than two or three.

I bet it's Harebrained Schemes. Just a guess probably not though.
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 15th, 2021, 10:37
Since the article was in Swedish, the first developer that comes to mind is Starbreeze. But maybe they're just a publisher these days? Anyway, just a wild guess.

Soulman

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 15th, 2021, 10:42
Originally Posted by Soulman View Post
Since the article was in Swedish, the first developer that comes to mind is Starbreeze. But maybe they're just a publisher these days? Anyway, just a wild guess.
Good guess but they haven't released any RPG games based on their game catalogue.

Link - https://www.mobygames.com/company/starbreeze-studios-ab
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 15th, 2021, 13:34
The fact that they haven't even announced what studio it is is a bad sign imo. That tells me it's probably not anyone people would get excited about.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)

October 15th, 2021, 17:30
Frogwares would be amusingly eyebrow raising

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

October 15th, 2021, 17:45
I totally have given up on this game. If anything good comes of it I will be pleasently surprised, and I will give Paradox back the money I got from refunding the game. Hairbrain Schemes also seems like a good guess to me, but two things sort of discourage that idea. They haven't made many action or first person games. Obsidian is also an outside possibility, as they have worked with Paradox before. Are there any other action rpg studios that Paradox has worked with before?

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

October 15th, 2021, 17:53
I've kept my expectations in serious check for this alleged product from the get-go, so this kind of news isn't disturbing. I still hope we get something eventually, yet would it even come close to being as good as the first game? Because that's a tough act to follow, in my opinion.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Postponed and New Studio