Couchpotato's Random RPG News - Page 93 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Default Couchpotato's Random RPG News

October 11th, 2021, 23:51
Fallout: Miami - Summer 2021 Exploration Footage

loading…
Fallout: Miami is an upcoming mod for Fallout 4 on PC.
Dread Delusion Demo Developer Walkthrough

loading…
A developer walkthrough of the Dread Delusions demo out for the October 2021 Steam Next Fest featuring lead dev James Wragg (LovelyHellPlace)
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising Sets It Stars To Release In Spring 2022
505 Games and Rabbit & Bear Studios have announced that action RPG Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising is set to release during the Spring of 2022. The release window announcement came via 505 Games Tokyo Game Show presentation, with the latter half of the presentation focusing solely on updates for Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising and Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, with commentary from its core development staff. Specifically, a new trailer and a first-look gameplay sequence of Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising were the centrepieces of the presentation, seen below at timestamp 34:52 and 48:13 respectively.
Famed Dragon Quest Composer Koichi Sugiyama Passes Away at 90
Sugiyama was best known as the composer for the Dragon Quest series, where he contributed over 500 pieces of music, begining with the Famicom original and ending with the as-yet-unreleased Dragon Quest XII: Flames of Fate. According to a statement released on the official Dragon Quest website, Sugiyama died on September 30th of septic shock.
Star Wars: The Old Republic Updated Combat Styles Available - Public Test Server
Players can now test and give initial feedback on the updated Mercenary, Powertech, Juggernaut, and Marauder Combat Styles on our Public Test Server (PTS). Note that the Jedi Guardian, Sentinel, Sniper, Operative, Assassin, and Sorcerer Combat Styles are still available for players to experience on PTS.
Yakuza's Creator Toshihiro Nagoshi Leaves Sega - Farewell Message
As I depart from SEGA, I’m also leaving my position as the head of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. Thank you to the fans who have supported us and the Yakuza series for many years. You have my sincerest and deepest gratitude.

I persisted and am here now thanks to what I learned from many people around me. It’s credit to the colleagues who supported such that I could hone my mindset to continuously push boundaries.

As of today, a new Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio is born where the series will live on. Though I don’t know for sure what they will create, I believe the new generation will further enhance the foundation we built over the years and deliver great games to the world. To achieve that, they too need to continue to learn, challenge themselves, and grow. I ask that you continue your support of the studio’s endeavors.

Once again, I would like to express my deepest appreciation to all of you. Thank you so much for your support. Stay tuned for the many new beginnings!
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)

October 12th, 2021, 00:20
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Fallout: Miami - Summer 2021 Exploration Footage

loading…
This mod seems amazing!
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
+1:

October 13th, 2021, 23:57
"Run, Jump, Fight" Making of Main Theme From Dying Light 2 Stay Human

loading…
Check the making of “Run, Jump, Fight” an official Dying Light 2 Stay Human main theme music track composed by Olivier Derivière featuring London Contemporary Orchestra.
Dying Light 2: Stay Human Interview - PC Gamer
This open-world zombie game is going a step beyond the original, backing its free-running, undead swarms, and brutal melee combat up with an interactive, branching story you can have a real impact on. The City isn’t just home to countless numbers of aggressive infected, but warring factions of human survivors too. It’s a big old mess, but a compelling setting for a survival horror game. And one of the most interesting features in Dying Light 2 is how the City changes dramatically depending on the time of day.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 13th, 2021, 23:59
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters Codex Strategium Destruction

loading…
Not even walls can stand against the might of the Grey Knights! Learn more about environment destructibility and how you can use it to your advantage.
Lost Eidolons - How we're working with beta feedback!
It’s been about a week since the first Lost Eidolons Closed Beta ended, and we wanted to take some time to address some of the feedback the community has been providing us regarding the current state of Lost Eidolons. It’s a major philosophy of Ocean Drive Studio to leverage the feedback loop between the community and the development team as an instrumental tool when creating a game. We have our vision of where we want to take our games as a studio, but we have faith in our community’s ideas and suggestions as well. Teamwork makes the dream work, right?
Baldur’s Gate 3: Up To 88% Faster With NVIDIA DLSS - Nvidia
For nearly two decades, Belgian developer Larian Studios has been crafting role-playing games in their self-made Divinity universe. Their most recent release, Divinity: Original Sin II, saw the team achieve breakout success, with millions of copies sold, an Overwhelmingly Positive 95% rating from 113,000 Steam reviewers, and a 93% average from over 70 press outlets.

And now there’s Baldur's Gate 3, which launched last year in Early Access and has already achieved tremendous success. Larian has continued to improve the game with new updates, new chapters, and player-requested changes, just as they did previously in Divinity: Original Sin II. And this week, the newest Baldur's Gate 3 update arrives on Steam, bringing a massive number of exciting new changes, including NVIDIA DLSS.

With DLSS, and your GeForce RTX GPU’s Tensor Cores, performance is boosted by up to 88% at 4K, enabling GeForce RTX 3060 Ti and higher owners to play Baldur's Gate 3 at 4K 60 FPS at max settings:
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 14th, 2021, 09:46
Paradox Pulls The Plug

loading…
Paradox Interactive cancel several projects amid managerial shakeup, the returning CEO Fredrik Wester outlines their refocused ambitions.
Just more strategy and management games it seems.

Six Truths About Video Game Stories - The Bottom Feeder
We write super-retro, super-low-budget games that don't look great. Never have. Never will. So how do we succeed?

The answer is: Writing. Our game design is quite solid, but the stories we tell is what keeps us in business. Our games are highly interactive novels with settings, characters, and stories that get people to actually give us real money.

Now let's be clear. I'm not a great fantasy writer. If I was, I'd be writing books nobody buys because nobody buys books anymore. Still, as a writer I'm simply competent. Which, by video games standards, makes me awesome. Overall, I'm good enough that people give me money, and that is sufficient.

I really care about video game storytelling. More than I should. Because video game storytelling is usually pretty lousy. I cherish the games that do it well, sigh at the games that don't, and quietly pull my hair out when a game with really shaky writing gets hailed as high art.

So, although nobody asked, I would like to make six observations about video game writing. These are all things I've said in the past, but I'm collecting them in one place. Then you can bask in my wisdom, yell at me, or both.
Xenonauts 2 - September Update
Welcome to this month's update! A few things have been a tad slow over the past few weeks owing to various team holidays and illness, but we're getting back on track now and ready to share some more progress with you.

As well as doing a number of bugfixes on V21 of the Closed Beta after its release, we have mostly been working on the strategy balancing / air combat and some of the new art assets for the tactical combat.
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 15th, 2021, 04:27
Wasteland 3 Hotfix 1.6.1 Released - inXile
Grab that coffee and prepare to toboggan through a veritable gauntlet of post-apocalyptic patch notes! Hot on the heels of our second (and final) DLC's release, we're serving up a plate of fixes and tweaks that are sure to please. Now, what's this 1.6.1 business we're talking about?! What the hell happened to 1.5.4? Or 1.6.0 for that matter?! The simple explanation is that patch version numbers are meaningless and everything is meaningless and time is a flat circle. No matter. Drink more coffee. Maybe splash something extra in it.
Path of Exile: Scourge - Eternal Labyrinth Improvements
Alongside introducing other forms of uber endgame content, Path of Exile: Scourge also changes the way players access the Eternal Labyrinth.
Monster Hunter: Rise PC Demo Available - Steam
Hunters, are you ready to Rise to the Challenge?

Steam version features:
  • 4K resolution
  • Various graphics options
  • Controller support and optimized keyboard & mouse controls
  • Voice Chat
  • Ultrawide Display support
The Monster Hunter Rise Demo includes 5 quests, teaching you the basics of the Wirebug, Wyvern Riding, and Silkbind Skills, as well as offering a few actual hunts.

The 5 quests are as follows:
  • Basic Training Quest (Tutorial)
  • Wyvern Riding Training Quest (Tutorial)
  • Slay a Great Izuchi (Beginner)
  • Slay a Mizutsune (Intermediate)
  • Slay Magnamalo (Advanced)
All 14 weapon types are available, and the slaying quests can be played in co-op with up to 4 players. Experience immersive hunts with all the customization options you'd expect on Steam!
Monster Hunter: Rise PC Demo Preview Roundup
  1. Windows Central
  2. PC Mag
  3. WCCFTech
Paradox considered cancelling Bloodlines 2 - RPS
The interview was with a Swedish news agency in Swedish, as seen on Placera. You can get the broad meaning from machine translation but the technology is imperfect, so I reached out to Paradox for a more accurate version of key parts.

"When we removed the game from the original developer we took a long look at whether we should cancel it or continue development," Wester said in the translation Paradox provided. "We were prepared to stop production completely, but we received a pitch that was persuasive enough for us to continue with. We have high hopes that this will be a good game that meets our players' desires."

Paradox still haven't said who has taken over making Bloodlines 2. Wester passed on answering a question about that in this interview, but did say they're "a very reputable and talented developer" who've made several games before. It's also unknown how much the new Bloodlines 2 resembles the old Bloodlines 2, though Wester seemingly said in this interview [currently going off Google Translate for this part, soz] that they can still use much of the work. For all anyone knows, that could mean anything from re-using art assets to picking up where Hardsuit left off. Hard to say when what happened is such a secret.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; October 15th, 2021 at 05:30.

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 15th, 2021, 05:06
Paradox considered cancelling Bloodlines 2 - RPS
Sometimes I think they're on the verge of doing this.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

October 15th, 2021, 09:22
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
Sometimes I think they're on the verge of doing this.
Wouldn't blame them after wasting money on the games development.

At least we now know a well known developer has taking over development. Any guesses? They did mention the new developer has released seven games already.
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 15th, 2021, 20:12
New Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Gameplay Footage

loading…
We play through an early portion of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy and chat through player choice and combat.
Torchlight Celebration Trailer

loading…
It's been 12 years since players were first introduced to the world of Torchlight. Since then they've trekked from the deepest dungeons of Torchlight itself, across the scorching dunes of the Mana Wastes, and most recently, through the dangerous and exotic lands of the Frontier.
Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor - October 2021 Update
The Queen’s Wish 2: The Conqueror Kickstarter is now done! Goals have been reached, backer money has been collected, and the game is now being written.

We have been spending a few weeks cleaning up all the stuff left undone in the push to launch the Kickstarter. We’ve been playing the game and balancing and tweaking things to make sure everything is tight and fun. We’ve been writing lots of art direction and coding the bits and bobs at the edges of the code.

If you backed Queen’s Wish 2 at a level where you get to contribute something to the game, check your Kickstarter messages! We have sent you a guide to how to give us your feedback. We need to hear from you in the next few months, so please don’t procrastinate on this too much.

Over the next few months, we will send out surveys to the kind people who bought physical objects. Watch your Kickstarter messages. We’ll mention it repeatedly in these updates to make sure you don’t miss it.
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 17th, 2021, 04:22
Dungeon of Naheulbeuk's DLC Splat Jaypak's Arenas releasing December 3rd

loading…

Here it comes! The long awaited second DLC, Splat Jaypak's Arenas! In this dangerous series of 15 fights, you'll get to test your most chaotic tactics against the greatest challenges imagined by the vile half-goblin, Splat Jaypak!

Splat Jaypak's Arenas will released on December 3rd, together with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of the base game! You can also get all the DLCs at once with the Season Pass on PC!
Master of Magic Remake - October 2021 Developer Diary
While the contest for the elusive Master of Magic is fought with great spells and ultimate wizard power, it is still all built on the sweat of the little folk down below, or so they tell you. You may be an ever powerful mage, but you need your cannon fodder… great men, women and creatures who will be manipulated into working and fighting for you, many that will die in blazing glory.
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

+1:

October 17th, 2021, 10:06
Nice catch! I haven't played the first game yet but it's on my radar, if I ever get to the end of my backlog.

The game was very successful but the first DLC had apparently a mixed reception. I'm wondering if that's because the game's interest is limited to one adventure then become boring, or if they just made a bad job with the DLC.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

October 17th, 2021, 12:27
Star Wars: The Old Republic Updated Combat Styles Available - Public Test Server
They're planning a massive overhaul of everything combat related.

You can read more about that here : https://www.swtor.com/legacyofthesith
And more detailed there : https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210806

Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Nice catch! I haven't played the first game yet but it's on my radar, if I ever get to the end of my backlog.

The game was very successful but the first DLC had apparently a mixed reception. I'm wondering if that's because the game's interest is limited to one adventure then become boring, or if they just made a bad job with the DLC.
I didn't play the DLC yet, so I can't say. But - in my opinion you're definitively missing something if you haven't played that game !!!

The DLCs name looks as if everything could finally play his or her psychotic killer …
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
+1:

October 17th, 2021, 23:52
Gotham Knights - Official Court of Owls Story Trailer

loading…
Batman, Jim Gordon - they thought they had a handle on Gotham City, but there are hidden forces at play that no one talks about. It is up to the Gotham Knights - Batgirl, Nightwing, RedHood, and Robin - to uncover the secrets of this city's past before it's too late. But beware, the Court of Owls is always watching, always listening.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Physical Goods Update
Quick reminder for all backers who have physical goods in their rewards, we'll have to lock down delivery addresses in a few days so if you moved the last year or haven't completed your survey yet, now is the time!

After Sunday October 17th, you will no longer be able to do so - meaning if you haven't completed your survey by then, you won't receive your physical Kickstarter rewards.
Fallout 76 - Halloween Events Incoming
Over the course of the next week, we're kicking off Halloween and Bombs Drop festivities with a double-header event that's bringing Spooky Scorched and trick-or-treating to the Wasteland. In addition, Bombs Drop weekend will feature a triple threat of in-game events, including 50% off from the Purveyor, Scrip Surplus, and Double Mutation Daily Ops. As is Bombs Drop tradition, we're also offering sales on Fallout 76 and Atom Packs for a limited time.
Legends of Ellaria - Six Months Since Release and a Discount
Today, we are celebrating six months since Legends of Ellaria was released. Thanks to you, we've made many changes during that time, both in visuals and game tweaks.

We've also added new graphics in today's version and a special discount on our store page to celebrate this occasion.

We want to thank everyone who gave us feedback. Even after its release, you've helped us polish, balance, and add essential parts to Legends of Ellaria.
Spire of Sorcery will Launch on Steam Early Access on October 21st.
Lead a party of runaway mages through the unexplored lands full of dangerous encounters! Combine spellcasting, alchemy and equipment to prevail over opponents. Unlock spells, discover recipes, find new party members and expand the Spire to forge your own path to mending the world!
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 18th, 2021, 00:15
Thanks for all the news updates Couch!
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

October 18th, 2021, 04:22
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
I somehow missed this article when it came out:

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-long-roa…der-kingmaker/

It covers how the 'romance ending' was discovered in Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
I'm the type of player that likes to vacuum up all content, so I got this "secret ending" without realizing it was all that "secret" or difficult. Of course, it helped that I played the game much later, after most patching was completed.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
+1:

October 19th, 2021, 00:16
Sacred Fire - Available Now on Early Access

loading…
Sacred Fire is now available in Early Access on Steam! Sacred Fire is a psychological choice-driven RPG. Emotions and willpower influence your chances of success, so take risks to explore a branching narrative inspired by ancient Caledonia. Fight battles, gain allies and push your own limits. Who will you become to stop the invading Romans? Every choice counts.
Iometric ARPG Achilles: Legends Untold coming to Steam Early Access

loading…
There are many secrets waiting for you in the world of myths - today we will reveal one of them. We present to you Paweł Waszak - our CEO and Lead Game Designer at Dark Point Games, who will tell you about inspirations, out team's experience and about our game, of course. See for yourself what awaits you in the newest production of Dark Point Games - Achilles: Legends Untold! Add it to your wishlist!
Elden Ring Delayed to February 25 - Gematsu
Publisher Bandai Namco Entertainment and developer FromSoftware have delayed Elden Ring from its previously announced January 21, 2022 release date to February 25, as well as announced the dates for the Elden Ring closed network test.
Salt and Sacrifice for PC exclusive to Epic Games Store - Epic Games
The PC version of Salt and Sacrifice will be available exclusively via Epic Games Store when it launches alongside the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions in Q1 2022, developers Ska Studios and Devoured Studios announced. It will cost $19.99 and support English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Portugeues language options.
Corven - Path of Redemption Development Update - Kickstarter
I usually don't talk about my private life on here, but since this directly affected the project I have to. My wife got Covid several weeks ago, unfortunately not one of the many mild symptom cases, she got them all basically. High fever, shakes, bone aches, difficulty breathing, painful coughing, Unfortunately I got it as well and my symptoms started about a week after her. Same symptoms as she had. And it felt like it took forever for both of us. Our son, luckily, had like one sneeze and that was it for him with Covid.
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 19th, 2021, 00:49
Bloodborne PC Rumors Again - The XboxEra Podcast

loading…

01:30:25 - Rumour Mill: Bloodborne
Microsoft Apologies for Pointless Fable Tease - Tweet
Sorry for any confusion! We don't have any big game news tomorrow, or any info about @WeArePlayground's upcoming Fable game.
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 19th, 2021, 03:06
22 Things You Need To Know About STALKER 2

loading…
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl is coming out next year, and if you're as excited for it as Zoe Delahunty-Light, don't worry: she has you covered. All the information currently available about #STALKER2 has been scooped up from the internet right here, from changes to STALKER 2 gameplay and things hidden in the STALKER 2 trailer
Salt and Sacrifice Gameplay Hands-On: The Soulslike Monster Hunter

loading…
In this Salt and Sacrifice Gameplay Hands-On article, we share our impressions from our time with the game via the PC Epic Store demo. The upcoming Souls-like Salt and Sacrifice doesn't have a release date yet, but we have been playing the demo all week and discovering just how much the game will offer. If you loved Salt and Sanctuary and are looking to know what's new with this title, we have everything you need.
Alder Forge - Development Update #1
As per the tradition for each one of my games, it is time to start with the Devlogs, each devlog that will be published will be related to the multiple disciplines and work I did while building the Alder Forge, so you could have an open curtain dev view of the game and see how each element was created, and without further ado, let us begin with Devlog #1 (Environment Design).
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

October 19th, 2021, 17:54
Gotham Knights - Official Court of Owls Story Trailer
Reminds me of anther game : The Giana Sisters : Rise Of The Owlverlord …
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

October 20th, 2021, 22:14
loading…

It has been a long time I have been excited for a game, but Starfield is getting there. I want to see some gameplay now though.

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

Tags
interviews, mods, previews, reviews, videos
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News