Fallout 4 Sleep Well River

wolfgrimdark

Follower of Fenris Wolf
Original Sin Donor
For those fond of Dogmeat in FO4 thought I would share this sad news about the original dog, River. Always so hard to loose a good friend, 2 or 4 footed.

https://twitter.com/JoelBurgess/status/1409013849584504833?s=19

Good read as well on how Dogmeat came to be and the development as a companion versus just a canine weapon.

E43MsYUWEAEakkN

An interesting read. I didn't know that iteration of Dogmeat was based on a real-life dog. I wonder how old she was. German Shepherds, like most large breeds, unfortunately tend to have fairly short lifespans.

I loved having Dogmeat around in Fallout 4 (he died too easily in 3), but I also like to have a talking companion, so the mods that allowed you Dogmeat & another (Piper ftw) were a go-to for me.

I loved having Dogmeat around in Fallout 4 (he died too easily in 3), but I also like to have a talking companion, so the mods that allowed you Dogmeat & another (Piper ftw) were a go-to for me.

Aye that is what I did. It was partly in the game anyhow as there is dialogue for it - they changed it later on in development. So I usually have Dogmeat and Piper, Mac, or Deacon.

An interesting read. I didn't know that iteration of Dogmeat was based on a real-life dog. I wonder how old she was. German Shepherds, like most large breeds, unfortunately tend to have fairly short lifespans.

Aye it was pretty cool. I have/had 4 - Glacier, Wolfgar, Grimwolf, and Mila. Glacier lived to 12.5, Wolfgar to a little after 10 (he got a neurological disease that paralyzed him), and the other two hopefully will be longer! Grim is 9 now and Mila will be 6 in October. Some where between 12 and 15 is considered a long life for them I think.

My German Shepherd has lived for nine years. He was a devoted friend.

Back
Top Bottom