Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.5g - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.5g

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.5g

September 22nd, 2021, 18:32
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous got another significant patch (1.9 GB download on Steam).

Update 1.0.5g

Crusaders!

A new patch is here*. The list of changes is quite long, so here's what you've been asking about the most:
  • Now you can complete the quest about 21 daggers;
  • You won't skip Gray Garrison anymore right after entering by teleporting to the top floor;
  • Now Gold Dragons can rest in Drezen;
  • Your crusade stats won't get stuck anymore;
  • The Repurpose spell will stop destroying loot and breaking NPCs;
  • Cloaks will stop living la vida loca, and will start to behave;
  • Saves from Last Azlanti mode should stop disappearing under mysterious circumstances.
[…]
More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2021, 18:32
Gory details below. What about those respec issues? Didn't they say it would be fixed in the next patch?

EDIT: I see this though, maybe everything is covered:
  • While retraining a character, it was possible to open the inventory, after which mythic paths could stop working as intended - fixed.
  • After retraining, it was impossible to level up a horse - fixed;

Spoiler

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 22nd, 2021, 20:24
Removed electricity immunity from monsters in Blackwater dungeon. Reworked Cyborgization Feature a bit;
This was supposed to be addresed in the previous patch but better late than never. Luckily I did not go there yet in my second playthrough.

--------------

And this is good to hear, I was scared points won't be added retroactively, I'm returning to the game right away:
Fixed the issue with crusade stats not growing and units not spawning in the 2nd chapter. The affected players will receive the missing points;
EDIT: There, from zero to hero, now I must live through all rankups… lol:

--------------

In my first playthrough, I wrote, the only quest I could not complete by any means was Endgame. Glad it's fixed:
Military Rank was stuck on VI - fixed.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2021, 20:27
What was the bug with Blackwater? I found the area to be off-mood and immersion breaking, but I'm not sure what made it "broken". As far as I can tell in my Unfair playthrough, they did get "executed" by lightning damage.

In fact, I learned that's what kills them because in the first fight in the dungeon, they killed themselves with their own trap.

Nereida

Banned

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

September 22nd, 2021, 21:57
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
What was the bug with Blackwater? I found the area to be off-mood and immersion breaking, but I'm not sure what made it "broken".
The salamanders were immortals. IDK what was wrong with lightning.
Definitely anachronistic though.

Telstar

CRPG lover

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

September 22nd, 2021, 22:35
What was the bug with Blackwater? I found the area to be off-mood and immersion breaking, but I'm not sure what made it "broken". As far as I can tell in my Unfair playthrough, they did get "executed" by lightning damage.

In fact, I learned that's what kills them because in the first fight in the dungeon, they killed themselves with their own trap.
The human cyborgs were not a problem, but the demon ones had lightning immunity, and the only way to turn off their regeneration were lightning & adamantine. That means that if you didn't have an adamantine weapon, they were basically immortal and needed to die through Coup de Grace. Perhaps in some difficulty levels they didn't have their lightning immunity so you didn't notice.
Last edited by spblue; September 22nd, 2021 at 22:47.

spblue

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

September 22nd, 2021, 22:46
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
The salamanders were immortals. IDK what was wrong with lightning.
Definitely anachronistic though.
It's only briefly mentioned in the campaign, but there's a crashed space ship in Numeria that's being treated as an archeological holy site, it's part of the lore of Golarion. It's as big as a mountain and contains a lot of strange sci-fi tech.

There was also a brief reference to it in Kingmaker, where you could find a pretty good item that uses "nanites" to grant you abilities. I think it was found in the place where the enemy leader sets the slave cages on fire and you have to choose between saving the slaves or punishing them.

I like settings that have both magic and technology. The Might & Magic series was like that too. One instant you were fighting goblins with your Great Sword of Ass Kicking +5, then you were fighting dragons with laser rifles. Neat.

spblue

Traveler

+1:

September 22nd, 2021, 22:48
This game is hilarious and fun. It's another Kingmaker, but I knew it would be. It's big, buggy, ambitious, and I've had to set it down a few times after encountering an annoying bug, but I keep coming back to spend hours in the world.

I have no doubt that it will be patched into masterpiece class like KM was. Over the years. Good thing there's multiple playthrough styles because my sylvan sorcerer is basically called "Test Case V0.1" in my head.
--
My mother said that dreams aren't real. But nightmares are.

FurtiveNyctophile

Sentinel

September 23rd, 2021, 00:19
Originally Posted by FurtiveNyctophile View Post
This game is hilarious and fun. It's another Kingmaker, but I knew it would be. It's big, buggy, ambitious, and I've had to set it down a few times after encountering an annoying bug, but I keep coming back to spend hours in the world.

I have no doubt that it will be patched into masterpiece class like KM was. Over the years. Good thing there's multiple playthrough styles because my sylvan sorcerer is basically called "Test Case V0.1" in my head.
Best name ever

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2021, 00:29
Originally Posted by spblue View Post
The human cyborgs were not a problem, but the demon ones had lightning immunity, and the only way to turn off their regeneration were lightning & adamantine. That means that if you didn't have an adamantine weapon, they were basically immortal and needed to die through Coup de Grace. Perhaps in some difficulty levels they didn't have their lightning immunity so you didn't notice.
Ahhh I see. I was lucky then because I had Soulshear restored just before that, and counts as an Adamantine weapon and I guess that's why I seemed to do fine (I mean, "fine". Some of the fights in that place were nuts).

I was pretty sure it was the lightning executing them, but I think it's not require for Adamantine to be the last hit, just to have hit recently.

Nereida

Banned

September 23rd, 2021, 12:00
It was surprise to realize I already sunk 100 hrs into game, yet I feel Im not really very far. I was avoiding spoilers so Im not really sure how much game is left standing before walls of Drezen. Suppose I spent too many hours by repeatedly starting over with different characters.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2021, 12:10
Damn, I finished around 110 hours. To be fair, I rushed a bit the last two acts, the game started dragging a bit too long for me, and the battles with meaty HP sponge type of mobs became really grindy.

I abused a lot of Dimension Door to skip past non-plot encounters and get to the actual plot bits, and my party was pretty invincible, so I'd say Act 4 + 5 took the same amount of time as Act 3 alone, if not less.

I also stuck with my first character from beginning to end, without respeccing, as I had a clear idea of what I wanted to play (having played PF TT makes that a bit easier).

Worth the price tag, in any case.

Nereida

Banned

September 23rd, 2021, 12:52
Originally Posted by Andrew23 View Post
It was surprise to realize I already sunk 100 hrs into game, yet I feel Im not really very far. I was avoiding spoilers so Im not really sure how much game is left standing before walls of Drezen. Suppose I spent too many hours by repeatedly starting over with different characters.
Are you playing in turn-based mode for the combat? That's slowing down the game considerably.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 23rd, 2021, 13:52
Damn, I finished around 110 hours. To be fair, I rushed a bit the last two acts, the game started dragging a bit too long for me, and the battles with meaty HP sponge type of mobs became really grindy.

I abused a lot of Dimension Door to skip past non-plot encounters and get to the actual plot bits, and my party was pretty invincible, so I'd say Act 4 + 5 took the same amount of time as Act 3 alone, if not less.
That is not abuse.

At that point you've already reached level cap.
Trashmobs that have more HP than your party combined, namely balors, drop silly useless longsword+1. Even if they dropped something better, you don't need loot as you're pretty much equipped perfectly and don't need any more cash.
If someone wants to grind, their choice. The game gave you means to skip the time wasting and that in my book is not abuse - if devs wanted you to grind, they'd disable teleportation in grindy areas.

Chapter 3 is definetly the longest part of the game and if you ask me it's beefiest contentwise. So many choices, so many goodies, so many quests, so many different things to do.
There are also areas in it you can't win while early in that chapter so you'll have to return there later (normal difficulty).
I believe I spent half of the playtime in my first playthrough only in chapter 3.
That's why I'm telling nut to reach ch3, he'll replay it till doomsday - that chapter could have been a standalone game, it's that big.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 23rd, 2021, 14:00
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Are you playing in turn-based mode for the combat? That's slowing down the game considerably.
Im using both modes, based on encounter difficulty. But I would say I use TB more often. Im playing with damage 1:1 and full criticals and negative effects are not removed by rest. But I keep Deaths door on. So far Im happy with these settings. Difficulty has some spikes, which I found mostly amusing. Sometimes critical hit from enemy can make encounter unexpectedly messy :-)

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2021, 14:06
Oh god…
I'm not sure if this is a former patch bug or the new patch broke it - the issue did not exist in 1.03.
If you pass a decree to improve outpost to bastion you need to upgrade one right away. If you don't upgrade any immediately, the option to do it disappears!

This is not a critical bug as development progression got fixed and besides you can remove/rebuild stuff.
But is still annoying. It can lock you out of building teleportation circle in ch5 strategical outposts.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 23rd, 2021, 16:26
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Oh god…
I'm not sure if this is a former patch bug or the new patch broke it - the issue did not exist in 1.03.
If you pass a decree to improve outpost to bastion you need to upgrade one right away. If you don't upgrade any immediately, the option to do it disappears!

This is not a critical bug as development progression got fixed and besides you can remove/rebuild stuff.
But is still annoying. It can lock you out of building teleportation circle in ch5 strategical outposts.
I think (?) I noticed before that if you pass that decree, it doesn't commit the funds imemdiately, so if you spend them on something else, it can then fail? That seemed to happen to me at least. I had the resources, issued the deceree, then it was 'invalid' when I looked at it again (that was right from the game at release)

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2021, 16:54
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Oh god…

This bug is there since launch, it happened to me. I lost one bastion upgrade because of it. I didn't really need it, but I was a little sad since you don't get unlimited bastion upgrades, so it was essentially lost for the rest of the game.

Nereida

Banned

September 23rd, 2021, 17:14
Originally Posted by Andrew23 View Post
Yeah, I just finished the Drezen battle and started chapter 3-- at almost 100 hours. AND I found out I missed some areas, even. Crazy-long game, but it keeps me coming back so… *thumbs-up*

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

September 23rd, 2021, 18:55
I'm probably 40 hours in but not in Drezen yet. Although I have just completed Heavens Edge so I am probably close to getting there.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.5g