Vagrus: The Riven Realms - Patch 1.001

Redglyph

proud GASP member
The first post-release patch is available for Vagrus, with fixes and additional features.

A New Build is OUT - Patch 1.001. - Codename: No Rest for the Wicked

Hey Everyone,

Let us begin by thanking you all again for all the constructive feedback as well as the positive reception of the release of Vagrus! Of course, as most releases go with complex games, we managed to slip some glithces past testing before hitting 1.0, so today we're releasing a hotfix for these as well as adding more variety to character creation for the open world campaign.

Important Note: There is a small chance that we broke something with the update. Please assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button), forums, and our Discord server.

Now let's jump into the details:

New/Updated Features:

• Three new leader races (Dark Elf, Demonkin, and Kalani human)
  • Leader races and backgrounds received a major overhaul
  • Additional leader portrait variations
Bug Fixes:

• The confusion-causing Prowess tooltip is fixed (the right one appears from now on)
  • Gear tutorial bug circumvented (equipping the talisman on Morwen is optional)
  • 'Delayed' achievement triggering prematurely is now fixed
  • Smaller Event script fixes based on player feedback, including reduced Insight rewards for some story stages (they used to be quite outlandish)
Known Issues:

• The later part of the Wealth victory path / Outpost building is not yet in
  • Some NPC portraits are missing in Garrick's personal storyline
  • Some performance issues (including longer initial loading time)
[...]
More information.

A temporary patch for the UI problems has been uploaded.

This one is mostly just a quick temporary fix, for the time being, aimed at circumventing an underlying UI bug that causes several interfaces to soft-lock or to stop responding, breaking the game for some players. We are working on a permanent fix for the issue but until then, some buttons on the UI that cause the lock are disabled:
  • Companion and Deputies while on the Leader UI
  • Assign Deputies on the camp UI
  • Companion Stats button on the camp UI

You can use all of these functions while not resting or not in settlement.

We have also implemented a forced UI rebuild when Loading a save file, this will help by shortening the time of getting out of a soft-lock/UI glitch.

Bear with us.

In the meantime, we've fixed a few other things, included in this hotfix. Check out the list below.

I see these guys are also learning the superior patching technique. It will take 100 patches before the game is 1.1.

Ah, but that's more devious than that. Have you noticed they jumped from 1.001 to 1.005?

Not only they couldn't deliver a bug-free game, but they are using special coding techniques to confuse us.

I see these guys are also learning the superior patching technique. It will take 100 patches before the game is 1.1.
Well we all know who they learned this tactic from.:biggrin:

For the general health of this community, I've buried the hatchet on that front. But yes indeed, we all know.
Yeah I'm starting to feel that way as well lately especially with a certain game. It's the one constant thing from forums, and the internet in general I've come to despise.

Thy shall not post anything negative about well liked niche RPGs old and new. If thy does this you shall be branded a traitor, or heretic of the site by fanboys forever-more.

Anyway back on topic I'll probably play this game someday.

Yeah I'm starting to feel that way as well lately especially with a certain game. It's the one constant thing from forums, and the internet in general I've come to despise.

Thy shall not post anything negative about well liked niche RPGs old and new. If thy does this you shall be branded a traitor, or heretic of the site by fanboys forever-more.

Actually, I have never said you or Nereida are traitors. People argued against what Nereida was saying, and there's a a whole thread about it. That people disagree with you does not equal people thinking you are traitors. It just means that people will argue with you, which is what a forum is about.

Being a minority opinion does mean you'll have more people arguing with you. If you take that as me or others thinking you are traitors or whatever then there's not much I can do about it.

I'm fine with being the minority about some topics in this particular community, it only bothers me when I have to self-censor for fear of being publicly lynched; or when I see others are self-censoring or walking on eggshells when speaking about certain games, lest they be tagged as "heretics" (just using the word for lack of a better one). I accept people don't want to hear bad things about something they love, I have the same reaction sometimes with other games that hold a special place in my heart, so I can relate.

I also don't want another thread to derail (give Ripper a break!), I'm happy with sharing my views until it feels like it's too much, then it's best that we all move on, and we can all be glad to have games that we can enjoy, even if those games sometimes are different.

Sigh. Everyone is guilty of this when it comes to something they are passionate about. I can't think of many posters who do not do this in one form or another.

Sigh. Everyone is guilty of this when it comes to something they are passionate about. I can't think of many posters who do not do this in one form or another.
Yep and the older I get, the more I read, the more I dislike the whole practice in general online. It's called the crouch effect. Still some games are like holy bibles on this site.

Sure I'm guilty of in the past and now myself sometimes that I can't deny. My problem is when members of certain sites make you feel like you shouldn't post your opinion.

@Pladio I've got no pardon the pun "beef" with you. Yes we disagree but not once was I offended. Anyway read Nereida's post above she wrote it better then me why.

Now back on topic has anyone played this game yet. Please share your opinion.

I have. I understand. I hope I'm not a reason why either of you think you need to walk on egg shells. I will certainly explain my view point in multiple ways and try and get it across, but I try to avoid personal attacks when I can.

I would suggest that if some people make you feel this way, you ignore them as it's not healthy in my opinion.

On this game, I am still waiting on some impressions but looking at a few videos, it doesn't seem like a game for me anymore so I've removed from my wishlist.

Back
Top Bottom