EA - Asks about Interest in Dragon Age Tactics

But what about romances? ;)

Last edited:
Yea a game without romances... That ain't Dragon Age game.
That facebook or pay2win crap.

Somebody asked,Mark Darrah said it likely would have romances.

This is exactly what turn-based tactical-combat games have been missing all these years...I would like to change my answer to: "Recently reaffirmed in my conclusion that BioWare and EA irreparably suck, I have no interest at all in this game. Also, it should be mobile only."

Tactical games don't exclude romances. I've played a few tactical RPGs in consoles that had romances as core gameplay. For example, the better your relations with different characters, the better their bonuses in combat. In some, you could even marry and have kids, and the kids would inherit stats/skills from their parents.

Guess I haven't messed around with consoles much, but romances are not a feature that particularly interest me. Although, I have to admit inherited characteristics were the only interesting feature in Massive Chalice, but I only messed around with that game a little, because I didn't find the combat to be very compelling.

Somehow, however, I rather doubt BioWare is contemplating anything deeper in terms of gameplay than which sexual-foreplay cutscene you get to watch. BioWare's sophomoric romances have never interested me.

This is exactly what turn-based tactical-combat games have been missing all these years…I would like to change my answer to: "Recently reaffirmed in my conclusion that BioWare and EA irreparably suck, I have no interest at all in this game. Also, it should be mobile only."

Well at least that possibly explains why they mentioned both X-Com and Fire Emblem. X-Com inspired combat but a larger cast of defined characters rather than randomly generated squaddies.

Lost any interest in EA after some bad stuff that happened recently with a transaction of mine (problem still unsolved, will probably escalate to a claim, to get my money back). It was so lovely to deal with their support that i wished i never get anything from the Origin shop.

As with every game, I would play it if it's a quality product without currency gated content or micro-transaction traps.

Personally, I won't cast it away immediately only under the premise that it's a EA product. I mean, the fact that it's EA doesn't make me into a stupid moron that will miss good games only because they have the "EA" slapped on the cover. Mostly because I only care about my enjoyment, the rest matters little to nothing to me.

Amen to that.
I wish there was a site out there that lists each and every single title with modern frauds so I don't have to google for each one and read through dozens of articles of praising the game till I find the actual info I want to know before discussing other stuff.

As with every game, I would play it if it's a quality product without currency gated content or micro-transaction traps.

Personally, I won't cast it away immediately only under the premise that it's a EA product. I mean, the fact that it's EA doesn't make me into a stupid moron that will miss good games only because they have the "EA" slapped on the cover. Mostly because I only care about my enjoyment, the rest matters little to nothing to me.

Pretty much this, except I don't care about micro transactions or any other way they want to package their product. I'll buy what I want and pass up the rest of it.

For a good fantasy tactics game, look at D&D Tactics for PSP. Yes, I know that is a "console" and a "handheld" which is sort of like a smartphone and a console had a baby. Yet, the game is very very solid, and it actually had psions in it which look TONS like the psionic effects in XCOM (purple pulse goes from source to target in exact same way). In fact, when I first played XCOM, I felt like I was playing a PC port of D&D Tactics turned into XCOM. Which actually, I would not be the least bit surprised if there is not some truth to this. But regardless, Dragon Age would be great in Tactical form if done correctly. I think the key to isometric tactical RPG's is super high resolution, lots of customization, intelligent gameplay, intelligent character creation, and of course, weighted choices.

For a good fantasy tactics game, look at D&D Tactics for PSP. Yes, I know that is a "console" and a "handheld" which is sort of like a smartphone and a console had a baby. Yet, the game is very very solid, and it actually had psions in it which look TONS like the psionic effects in XCOM (purple pulse goes from source to target in exact same way). In fact, when I first played XCOM, I felt like I was playing a PC port of D&D Tactics turned into XCOM. Which actually, I would not be the least bit surprised if there is not some truth to this. But regardless, Dragon Age would be great in Tactical form if done correctly. I think the key to isometric tactical RPG's is super high resolution, lots of customization, intelligent gameplay, intelligent character creation, and of course, weighted choices.

D&d tactics was the reason I bought my PSP. Just as the dark spire was the reason I owned a Nintendo DS.

This is exactly what turn-based tactical-combat games have been missing all these years…I would like to change my answer to: "Recently reaffirmed in my conclusion that BioWare and EA irreparably suck, I have no interest at all in this game. Also, it should be mobile only."

Funny enough, the question asked was if a DA Tactic game would have romances similar to what is found in Fire Emblem, aka the Support/Love system.

Back
Top Bottom