Tyranny - DLC Tales from the Tiers released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The new DLC Tales from the Tiers for Tyranny is now available:

Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers

Experience a swath of untold stories from the world of Tyranny, in Tales from the Tiers! This new Event Pack for the critically acclaimed role-playing game (RPG) from Obsidian Entertainment showcases new details and aspects of life within Kyros' empire. Rebels, merchants, servants of Kyros, and more -- all live in the hazardous, war-torn Tiers, and one never knows whom one may meet on the road. New random encounter events, new quests, and new interactions with Tyranny's iconic cast of characters all feature in Tales from the Tiers, meaning players can experience more depth, more story, and more evil than ever.

Alongside Tales from the Tiers Paradox is proud to announce a free update for all Tyranny owners, which includes more ways for players to explore the game's many events and outcomes.

Features of Tales from the Tiers:

New Travel Events:

Random encounters while traveling may lead to new quests, or new events focused on companions and new NPCsExpanded Story:

Interaction with the denizens of the Tiers let players explore more of the world of Tyranny and its inhabitantsMore Replay Options:

A free patch adds New-Game-Plus mode and character re-spec options for an easier way to explore other plotlines
More information.

rjshae spotted an article about the free New-Game-Plus mode on Polygon.

Here's the teaser:

The Tales from Tiers part doesn't really interest me, I've played th game already...but what of this other "DLC"? Isn't there supposed to be more content detailing your conflict with Kyros? or is that only in Tyranny 2 (!)?

The Tales from Tiers part doesn't really interest me, I've played th game already…but what of this other "DLC"? Isn't there supposed to be more content detailing your conflict with Kyros? or is that only in Tyranny 2 (!)?

What conflict?
I'm earlygame… And I'm in no conflict with Kyros, only with some of factions under him (or her). When I was given a choice who to side with, I picked to go independant. A few of factions didn't like it. Some others though weren't unhappy. Not at all.

DLC 'expands' the third act and explains ending!

So this is cut content from original game sold as DLC.

Did Obsidian or Paradox employ some previous EA suit?

DLC 'expands' the third act and explains ending!

So this is cut content from original game sold as DLC.

Did Obsidian or Paradox employ some previous EA suit?

That plus they probably ran out of funding, typical Obsidian, can't manage their project properly :rolleyes:

Great. Purchased. I still have to play this, but I'm happy to add extra content for when I get around to a run through!

There is also more DLC coming later this year apparently called "Bastards Wound":
http://www.pcgamer.com/tyranny-dlc-bastards-wound-due-out-this-year/
They are actually calling Bastard's Wound an "expansion", unlike this Tales of the Tiers DLC that came out today, which they're calling an "Event Pack".

Also, the base game is on sale for half off atm on Steam.

Last edited:
rjshae spotted an article about the free New-Game-Plus mode on Polygon.

Here's the teaser:

That's the most low-effort teaser I ever saw. Generic looking hallway? Completely and utterly uninspiring

People who had the misfortune of trying out Tranny (no pun intended), realize what a mediocre and bland experience it was. It's doubtful that any DLC can save it, unless they redo the whole game from scratch

People who had the misfortune of trying out Tranny (no pun intended), realize what a mediocre and bland experience it was. It's doubtful that any DLC can save it, unless they redo the whole game from scratch
Can you give us some details?
For example number how many sidekicks you can have, can they leave, any romance, and such stuff.
Okay you might have been playing the game solo, so some info on difficulty, strategies and other stuff Obsidian screwed that reviews didn't disclose but you've experienced in your game would be nifty to learn.

This sort of content sounds like something that should be part of a patch. Especially new game plus mode.
Pretty sure new game plus is in the free patch that went in today, doesn't require this DLC.

…meaning players can experience … more evil than ever.

Mmm no, not for me. I get more evil than ever just watching the bloody news. But good luck.

Can you give us some details?
For example number how many sidekicks you can have, can they leave, any romance, and such stuff.
I really don't care to justify myself to you joker. If you must know, I'm sad I played this game, I really shouldn't have. Companions are introduced in a ridiculous way, they are pushy and annoying and suffer from really bad writing. There wasn't an easy way to dismiss them before hitting the Spire so I just let them die. And I don't care about fucking romance, rofl, that's second grade gameplay.

Okay you might have been playing the game solo, so some info on difficulty, strategies and other stuff Obsidian screwed that reviews didn't disclose but you've experienced in your game would be nifty to learn.
Sure, here's a great strategy tip - don't bother with this game. It's a low-effort follow-up B-project and severely underwhelming as a result.

- regurgitated 3D assets from PoE
- cancer ruleset with cooldowns and "per encounter" copied from PoE
- combat is a painful chore, luckily it hasn't endurance
- binary choice comes down to 2 poorly written bland factions
- generally writing is mediocre
- no mob diversity
- barely 3 enemy types if you count the ghosts and beast-looking things but you're really fighting the same Archer/Mage/Warrior human mobs most of the game
- poorly executed anti-climatic finale, you cannot confront Kyros (that content was cut and is sold now as a DLC)
- ridiculous price

Good things (just so you don't say I'm always negative)
- graphics is cute
- music is passable
- pholy effects are really good
- environments are hand crafted
- encounter design somewhat improved from PoE

I found the SJW bullshit funny, it didn't bother me, but it's there

You can also get the portrait pack for 1 dollar at the moment on Humble Bundle (E3 bundle). It contains a whole lot of other crap which is probably which makes it somewhat worthwhile.

What's with the spoiler tag? It needs to be seen.
- regurgitated 3D assets from PoE
- cancer ruleset with cooldowns and "per encounter" copied from PoE
- combat is a painful chore, luckily it hasn't endurance
- binary choice comes down to 2 poorly written bland factions
- generally writing is mediocre
- no mob diversity
- barely 3 enemy types if you count the ghosts and beast-looking things but you're really fighting the same Archer/Mage/Warrior human mobs most of the game
- poorly executed anti-climatic finale, you cannot confront Kyros (that content was cut and is sold now as a DLC)
- ridiculous price

Good things (just so you don't say I'm always negative)
- graphics is cute
- music is passable
- pholy effects are really good
- environments are hand crafted
- encounter design somewhat improved from PoE

I found the SJW bullshit funny, it didn't bother me, but it's there
See how it's easy to write a quality post?

Still… What do you mean binary choice? I could go independant or with one of three other factions where the third is resistance. That doesn't seem binary to me. Are you saying everything past the siding with choice goes only two different routes except some story "cosmetics" depending on your choice who to side with?

Other than that, I can agree with everything you say at least partially except the Kyros thing being cut (didn't finish the game yet). Also, among negatives I'd add that just like Eternity, characters tend to get stuck while in combat due to the same pathfinding problem.

Out of the blue, nothing prepared. They are evacuating products that were planned long ago.

Still… What do you mean binary choice? I could go independant or with one of three other factions where the third is resistance. That doesn't seem binary to me. Are you saying everything past the siding with choice goes only two different routes except some story "cosmetics" depending on your choice who to side with?
He just isn't aware of the other options. A lot of people seem to think you have to choose one of the two factions.

How would that be possible? This was pointed out many times. Including as a marker to trace down the origin of an image.

There is a difference between lack of awareness and willingful denial.

He just isn't aware of the other options. A lot of people seem to think you have to choose one of the two factions.
Yea but still… It's possible that although you have 4 "alliance" choices, the game after that branches in only two ways. Dunno - sadly I didn't make a separate save on the choice to check quickly what happens after choosing other paths. Given a choice not to ally with anyone, I took it instantly.

But even if it's binary, IMO shouldn't be taken as something negative, at least the game isn't linear.

Back
Top Bottom