Divinity: Original Sin II - Released in English Only

Still concerned about them ditching action points for the dumbed down "move and attack" style, but I guess we'll see. The rest of the game looks great, but I probably won't get a real look until tomorrow.

But congrats, Larian. I hope it is a huge success for you all.

Still concerned about them ditching action points for the dumbed down "move and attack" style, but I guess we'll see. The rest of the game looks great, but I probably won't get a real look until tomorrow.

But congrats, Larian. I hope it is a huge success for you all.

Say what? I know they decreased the number of action points, but is it pure XCOM simplification now??? Please say you're lying. Guess I'll find out in a couple of minutes...or hours since I'll probably spend too much time on character creation.

Coming from Russia - I can tell you it is a pretty important for the local players to have the game translated. While many people know English good enough to play FPS or MOBAs, few are able to deal with large amounts of text, such as in an RPG. It's a bummer they didn't manage to have Russian avaiable at the release.

Say what? I know they decreased the number of action points, but is it pure XCOM simplification now??? Please say you're lying. Guess I'll find out in a couple of minutes…or hours since I'll probably spend too much time on character creation.

That was my impression, but it seems, thankfully, I am wrong. They just removed the speed attribute to increase APs yourself and used a base 4 AP system, presumably to simplify the balancing of abilities. There's a bit of discussion here .

Coming from Russia - I can tell you it is a pretty important for the local players to have the game translated. While many people know English good enough to play FPS or MOBAs, few are able to deal with large amounts of text, such as in an RPG. It's a bummer they didn't manage to have Russian avaiable at the release.

Swen heard you.

Big congrats to Larian for another fine release! I'm fairly confident it will be in a strong position for cRPG GotY awards.

Per the headline: on the plus side, the other language releases should benefit from the early patch updates.

Got about an hour in. Died a couple of times on early fights, a thing I appreciate. So many choices when it comes to character builds, daunting but delightful. Went with the "Ifan" origin and Rogue. Rogues were so-so in Dos, dual wielding was not optimal and sneaking not great. I'm hoping it will be a more worthwhile class this time around.

It's gone very quiet around here. Must be a good sign.

Surprised that they don't have an UPS and generator to pick up the load when their grid goes down. Losing power could damage equipment and saved info, ect. It's possible they are not telling us everything, but at least the English version made it out. Larian looks like a great company to work for though. I'd be curious to see how Sven is when he gets angry - lol

I expect they have UPS, but that only buys you time in brief outages, or to shut down cleanly. You'd need a pretty serious generator to keep a studio going through a prolonged outage, and it's usually only high-end enterprise facilities with mission critical services that have that kind of thing.

Playing a Wayfarer with custom everything really. I wanted the Ifan background somewhat but since I also want him in my party I wasn't really sure how that would work with us being the same person.

At the moment its me, Fane, and Ifan exploring the island.

Larian looks like a great company to work for though. I'd be curious to see how Sven is when he gets angry - lol

I love Sven but I'd still be willing to bet he has a temper.

Got about an hour in. Died a couple of times on early fights…
Got poisoned? :p
I'm having a blast with the undead hero. No dying whatsoever!
What's even worse, my undead main that is squishy actually tanked against 3 OP frogs (won't tell where), because two of those spit poison!

This game is totally crazy. Well, at least early. I love it!
Any suggestions who should I boost teleportation skill to get those few unreachable chests in early parts?

At the moment its me, Fane, and Ifan exploring the island.
At the moment I'm playing Fane, accompanied by Red Prince, Ifan and Lohse. Oh I found the rogue sidekick on the beach too, lemme finish sidequests of these three first so I can shuffle them.

Ahhhhhhh I want to play! I'm checking out Vaporum at the moment though. That must be the sign of a pretty good game itself, to make me want to continue checking it out instead of diving into D:OS2!!!

Soon enough I guess. Although next up is ELEX. Hmm, tis the season for RPGs it seems.

Are we going to recognize him?

I didn't back at the Watch, so I have no idea who is the in-game Watcher. :/
The Watcher is a she. Here is some spoiler free information:
We followed the guidelines from the forum discussion very closely. The character is a bad-ass Undead woman called The Watcher that you will meet at a location close to the end of Act Two of Divinity: Original Sin 2.

As we discussed on the forum, she is beholden to a promise so important to her that she pursues it even beyond death. She gives the player an honourable quest to fulfil in order to receive her reward (which provides magical armour protection).
Our RPGWatch NPC has been written by the wonderful Char aka Charlene Putney.

I don't get why people who are actually capable of the original language of a game do not consume it in said language.
There is always, always, always, always, always* a loss of quality in every translation. Languages are not freely interchangeable.

* there ARE exceptions. I actually prefer the German version of Baldur's Gate. Both Irenicus and Minsk are just beautifully voiced. But most German voiceovers I had a look at are just "meh" at best.

I wanted the Ifan background somewhat but since I also want him in my party I wasn't really sure how that would work with us being the same person.
As far as I know that's not possible. If you have Ifan's origin you are Ifan.

Back
Top Bottom