Original Sin - Preview @ Destructoid

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Destructoid offers a look at Divinity: Original Sin:
As one might expect, the battles are no less strategic. Turn-based conflicts were decided upon in order to emphasize the need for strategy, and otherwise difficult fights can be made far easier with a little forward planning. One presented scenario involved a room with a giant skeletal robot, and healing shaman, a gang of skeleton warriors and suicide bombers. One player snuck around the group while the other shot an oil barrel with a fireball. The barrel exploded, causing the suicide bombers to blow up and take out half the opposition. Then he shot an electric bolt at a puddle near the skeletal robot, but the puddle was too small to reach it. Cue the second player, who cast a spell that made it rain, extending the reach of the puddle and bringing it to the enemy's foot, which was then stunned by the current running through the water.
Thanks, Ovenall!
More information.

If they deliver on everything in this article this game could replace BG and IWD as my favorite of all time.

I'm already preparing to rage for when previews and reviews come out and bash it for not having action combat.

Boring, slow, tedious old school combat 4/10 . I can hear them now.

So sorry for being late to this party but... Is all this awesomeness available in single player as a party based game? That would blow otherwise. All this multiplayer talk is a drag...

So sorry for being late to this party but… Is all this awesomeness available in single player as a party based game? That would blow otherwise. All this multiplayer talk is a drag…

From Sven's Twitter

Yes, the game is very much intended to be played in single player, offline, but when you want up to 4 can play together.

So yeah, while having control of two guys is important, you can do it as single player if you want, you just control both guys. I think.

Criticism

- too lively colored
- too fast paced
- animations are standard , non realistic or cool

Back
Top Bottom