Cyberpunk 2077 - Interview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
An interview by areajugones about Cyberpunk 2077.

How is the game different from the gameplay shown last year?

" Well as you know the game is still in development, and obviously we want it to come out the best it can be. We are polishing everything and constantly thinking how to make this game more interesting, how to make the gameplay cool and, well, the gameplay we saw last year was basically a small fragment of the game. There was not a clear picture of how the game fits into an open world or how it fits into a larger image of the game. So, there are obviously many things that we have not taught about the game yet, there are things that we are still working on, then I would say that the game is quite different from the gameplay, but as I said, there are still details in which We are currently working . "

[...]

Would you describe the gunplay in Cyberpunk 2077 as realistic or something more arcade?

" I think it would be something in between, because it's an RPG and we have statistics, damage and so on. And as you know, enemies also have stats, then it is not super realistic like a World War II title where a shot means to be dead, but I would say that it does not reach the level of arcade like the examples you have described (In this case they were Borderlands and Bulletstorm ) . Here you still need to cover yourself, then you can not just jump and avoid enemies. Although there are ways to play the title in this way using for example the melee weapon we saw last year, the katana. And if you move in this direction you will achieve a more arcade style for your character. In short, I would say it would be something in between ".
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Also the release date was leaked this week and quickly taken down again. It was shown briefly it was November 28th 2019. Expect that announcement in a few months at E3.

Check the forum I post many links on my news threads.

There have been supposed leaks that have were taken down this year. So far the Turkish publisher pulled it down, and now a Slovakian seller made the same mistake.

Cyberpunk 2077' Release Date Reportedly Leaked - ComicBook
According to a new potential leak, CD Projekt Red's highly-anticipated and incredibly ambitious PS4, Xbox One, and PC game, Cyberpunk 2077, will release this year on November 28. There's been a few reported leaks and rumors that have placed the upcoming cyberpunk role-playing game in 2019, but this is the first time a specific date has surfaced. The release date comes courtesy of Slovakian storefront Pro Gaming Shop, and at the moment, it's unclear if the retailer actually believes this is when the game is releasing or if this is just an estimation.
E3 is in June and CDPR said they have a huge announcement so you never know.

Could be a surprise announcement at E3 followed by it's release. Wouldn't be the first time either as other developers have done this before like Bethesda.

Anyway insider info & leaks taken down point at a release sometime this year.

Cool, thanks. As far as I remember they also told at investor call that they're going to increase marketing budget this year, so definitely something is going on.

Too bad my backlog won't let me go at least until 2020. :D

Back
Top Bottom