RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Preview and Q&A - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Preview and Q&A

Default RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Preview and Q&A

May 5th, 2021, 15:04
Last week Owcat gave a presentation of the second beta and our won Redglyph visited that presentation and participated in the Q&A that followed, resulting in an article where it is all penned down.

Owlcat feels that they have reached a very important stage of the development where they can share the game with a lot more players and gather their feedback, information and suggestions to make the best CRPG possible. Right now, there is quite an amount of content: 60 hours of gameplay, consisting of the prologue and 4 complete chapters out of 6, which means the endgame is not part of the beta.
There is a lot to explore, but it's still beta so it does not have the final quality. At the beginning it's quite polished but as you go deeper, some bugs can be encountered that will be fixed over time, but these bugs should not be restricting you much as the game is still fully playable, and they hope it will give you as a player a very enjoyable experience for the first 60 hours or so.
The presentation focused on the top 10 beta features in the game, and although there are many more, these were the ones Owlcat wanted to talk about in the presentation.

[…]
More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)

May 5th, 2021, 15:14
Thanks a lot @Myrthos for all the work you did to reflow the raw transcript into a readable article and add the pics!

It was a nice experience, attending this presentation, Owlcat Games is really a great team and the others who where present asked very interesting questions. All that went pretty well in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. They'll probably release the videos, I'll keep you posted.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)

May 5th, 2021, 15:19
Love the evasive answer about Starfinder when it's confirmed by official job postings on social media they are working on a ScFy TB RPG after Wrath of the Righteous.

As for release I knew it wouldn't be in June, but forecasted it would release for the holiday season in September-December of 2021. Looks like I was correct on that topic. @Redglyph thanks for transcribing the Q&A.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
+1:

May 5th, 2021, 15:27
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Love the evasive answer about Starfinder when it's confirmed by official job postings on social media they are working on a ScFy TB RPG after Wrath of the Righteous.

As for release I knew it wouldn't be in June, but forecasted it would release for the holiday season in September-December of 2021. Looks like I was correct on that topic.
I knew you'd love it

I was expecting a later date, but that still leaves them 4 months to complete the crusade system and patch the remaining bugs.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 5th, 2021, 15:41
September sounds good to me, they just need to make sure the game is thoroughly playtested and relatively bug-free (fully bug free games are a lie and everyone knows that) and it'll be a day 1 purchase for me.

Nereida

Mentioned: Post(s)

May 6th, 2021, 13:00
A little summary video:

Those dinosaurs seem handy (but @wolfgrimdark has already made another choice )

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 6th, 2021, 15:54
Another extremely content filled article from @Redglyph. Thanks for the vast amount of work you did for this article. You are one of the few present who doesn't seem to have a mount fetish. I also think its funny someone actually thought about romance options for the magic item companion, but to each his own I guess.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

May 6th, 2021, 17:37
I appreciate the text article very much, huge thanks! I'm quite leery of clicking video links, so reading is my preferred option.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
+1:

May 6th, 2021, 18:35
Originally Posted by forgottenlor View Post
Another extremely content filled article from @Redglyph. Thanks for the vast amount of work you did for this article. You are one of the few present who doesn't seem to have a mount fetish. I also think its funny someone actually thought about romance options for the magic item companion, but to each his own I guess.
Thanks! I wasn't the only one working on that, @Myrthos made it so much more readable.

Well, there is no badger But there is a cute little dragon, as a present coming with the Azata mythic path. She (or he? Camera is top-down and it's so hard to tell) is very talkative and chaotic, it's a lot of fun. I think it's possible to mount dragons once they grow up.

Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I appreciate the text article very much, huge thanks! I'm quite leery of clicking video links, so reading is my preferred option.
It's rare that someone appreciates the text option, but not among RPG fans for some reason Both have their advantages, but in this case the text is usually faster and allows to select the interesting topics.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 6th, 2021, 21:28
It's also trustworthy. I'm rather protective of my computer, it is my main contact to the outside world, and I cherish it.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
+1:

May 6th, 2021, 23:13
I prefer text over video myself unless video is obviously needed to showcase something very visual.

The dragon is cute but I prefer my wolf I am researching some of the other paths even though the Azata one is like it was custom made for my character … so may just have to put up with it.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Preview and Q&A