EVERSPACE 2 - 2022 Roadmap

Redglyph

SasqWatch
ROCKFISH Games have posted the status and the roadmap of Everspace 2, an FAQ and a teaser. Yes, it's a long post!

2022 Roadmap | Hottest FAQs | Drake System Teaser

Greetings, pilots!

Where has this year gone? The end of December is nearly upon us! Holy scrap, what a journey so far! After over three years of hard work, we launched EVERSPACE 2 in Early Access with a rocket launch release in January. We sold three times as many copies as the predecessor within the first week and hit 91% positive reviews right out of the gate. This massive success was followed by the release of two major content packs, Zharkov: The Vortex and Khaït Nebula: Stranger Skies, both extremely well received, with the game currently sitting at 93% positive reviews. Last but not least, we also partnered with our friends at Microsoft, again, to bring EVERSPACE 2 to Xbox Game Pass for PC allowing us to make an even better space game for all pilots no matter what platform they're playing on.

Thanks so much to every single pilot who has put their faith in us. Apart from all the glowing but also critical feedback to help us make a better game, the financial commitment from daring test pilots means a ton to us. This enables us to stay fully independent, allowing us to make a game that our team is super excited about. EVERSPACE 2 is probably one of the most expensive Early Access titles out there, so yeah, thanks again for your trust.

2022 Roadmap

Before we talk about what's coming, let's have a quick look at what's already been added to EVERSPACE 2! We see the question about how complete the game is popping up quite a lot, which is very understandable.

[...]

More information.

I played the demo on GamePass the other week and was pretty impressed. The combat was fun and not too difficult and it feels like there is some pretty good depth there in the systems, world, story and quests. I'm not a big space combat fan but this is on my radar now.

This Game is the closest thing to a possible Freelancer-like Game that's currently in the making.
I can't wait for them to finish the Campaign!

I played the demo on GamePass the other week and was pretty impressed. The combat was fun and not too difficult and it feels like there is some pretty good depth there in the systems, world, story and quests. I'm not a big space combat fan but this is on my radar now.

You know that's the full game right?

Strange to see this here was thinking it was a space sim?
May as well post the new Homeworld 3 trailer seeing how 35% of people here like strategies...:)

Still not a demo version

The EVERSPACE 2 version on GamePass is called "Game Preview". I don't know if this is equal in content to the early access on Steam (it probably is because the $39.99 price tag is the same) but a "game preview" is clearly not the full game.

The full game has been delayed until 2023 recently. It is all the more impressive where the game already stands. It has the potential to become the best modern Freelancer-like space game once it is content-complete.

ROCKFISH are literally doing a stellar job. If anyone is interested, make sure to sub to their YT channel. They mostly post English language videos in spite of being a German studio based in Hamburg. The latest and very interesting entries are a 2021 recap video and a 2022 teaser. Good stuff all around.

The EVERSPACE 2 version on GamePass is called "Game Preview". I don't know if this is equal in content to the early access on Steam (it probably is because the $39.99 price tag is the same) but a "game preview" is clearly not the full game.

The full game has been delayed until 2023 recently. It is all the more impressive where the game already stands. It has the potential to become the best modern Freelancer-like space game once it is content-complete.

ROCKFISH are literally doing a stellar job. If anyone is interested, make sure to sub to their YT channel. They mostly post English language videos in spite of being a German studio based in Hamburg. The latest and very interesting entries are a 2021 recap video and a 2022 teaser. Good stuff all around.

Game preview is early access to the full game....no one says that early access is a demo why would this be any different? Semantics.

Game preview is early access to the full game….no one says that early access is a demo why would this be any different? Semantics.

If anyone is engaging in semantics, it's you. What does "demo" mean? A demonstration of the game. An incomplete version of the game certainly qualifies as a demonstration of the eventual full game to come.

Back
Top Bottom