Mount & Blade II - Battle Terrain System, Order of Battle and Siege Updates

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Taleworlds Entertainment posted a new development update (video or text).

Development Update #10: Battle Terrain System, Order of Battle and Siege Updates

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

In this video, we take a look at some of the highlights of the recent e1.7.0 update and explain an important change to the save/load system that requires your attention!

As always, a text version can be found below.

INTRO

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

e1.7.0 is now live, bringing many new and exciting updates that we'll be taking a look at in this video.

But just before we get to that, we want to inform you of a change to the save and load system that will render old save files incompatible with future updates, unless you act now! [...]
More information.

Added a bunch of languages. That's normally toward the end of the development cycle, isn't it? Is there any word of a proper (not early access) release date for the game?

Well given the latest info sometime in 2022 but don't count on it. As it's been on Early Access for a year and another six years before it was released on Early Access.

It's a joke at this point on when will it be finally finished.:lol:

It's the sort of game that is great to play in Early Access, imo. They can keep it there as long as they want, it means new features keep being added.

It's the sort of game that is great to play in Early Access, imo. They can keep it there as long as they want, it means new features keep being added.
How about no there comes a point when a game should be finished. It shouldn't take ten years to complete a game like this. Still we all know how you love playing EA games.

What the developer needs is a publisher to kick them in the ass.

How about no there comes a point when a game should be finished. It shouldn't take ten years to complete a game like this. Still we all know how you love playing EA games.

Ah! I don't "love" playing EA games. I refused to play Pathfinder (and still refuse to play BG3) as long as these games remain in Early Access.

But for games such as M&B, or Starsector, it's different. These games are totally playable as they are. It's not as if their stories occupy a large place in these games. They aren't linear beyond the fact that usually, the longer you play, the larger your empire tend to be. Their replay potential is very high.

If they had a published who forced them to release the game immediately, they certainly would/could. But the game wouldn't be nearly as great as if we let them keep adding new features / quests until they believe the experience is as rich as they want it to be.

The game is playable as it is now and has already gathered a nice MOD community. My current playthrough uses an earlier version (3 version older) than the one available now because of the mods and no crash or issue.

It's actually not that different from what they did with their previous games.

I tried it out about a year ago. I enjoyed it and thought it looked really nice. I was shocked at how small a selection there was on armor and weapon upgrades. For a game in development so long there needs to be more weapons and armor.

Troop upgrades seemed a little sparse also. Guess mods will have to take care of this.

I tried it out about a year ago. I enjoyed it and thought it looked really nice. I was shocked at how small a selection there was on armor and weapon upgrades. For a game in development so long there needs to be more weapons and armor.

Troop upgrades seemed a little sparse also. Guess mods will have to take care of this.

Mods do that on both accounts :) One mod provides thousands of items, other provides more kingdoms, troops etc..

In the base game armors and weapons have been slightly increased. Troop trees remain too small for me too.

The game is playable as it is now and has already gathered a nice MOD community. My current playthrough uses an earlier version (3 version older) than the one available now because of the mods and no crash or issue.

It's actually not that different from what they did with their previous games.
Last two games did not take ten years to finish and didn't do Early Access.:p

Yes, because Early Access started in 2013 :)

The first game was playable and started to be sold in Alpha status in 2004 and went gold in 2008. It was announced years before and god only knows when they started to work on it since they were only a tiny team.

However compared to the first game, we are dealing with procrastination here.

Uhm, yes they did. I played M&B years (3) before it got released. It just wasn't called Early Access, back then. Just an Alpha / Beta version available directly from their website. M&B2 has been in EA for less than two years. M&B1 was released afer 4 years of public Alpha/Beta.

Back
Top Bottom