Kingmaker Purpleblob's Kingmaker/WotR portrait thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Off topic, but given the title of the thread: I see she's left us.

an incarnation of pibbur who is sad, very sad.

Nice, I suppose it's the Special Edition of Skyrim? :)
How did you do the wings?

Thanks! Nah still Skyrim classic. I don't like how SE looks myself and although I tried 4 times to get into it (the last attempt being a month ago) I just don't like it. So I continue to play in the classic. Simply looks nicer IMO. Or maybe this grumpy old gamer just likes to leave things alone if there is no need to change :p

Anyhow the wings are from a mod. There are a ton of nice wing mods out there. One adds complete animated flying with dozens of different style wings - bat, dragon, demon, angel, fairy, etc., and adds flying mechanics. I don't go that far. I mainly like them for screenshots - I don't use them for my actual game play (and aye I still play).

Off topic, but given the title of the thread: I see she's left us.

an incarnation of pibbur who is sad, very sad.

Aye, I think she gets worn out by some of the negativity around here. At least on the Owlcats discord there is a lot of positive enthusiasm. Shame she left though and hope she might come back at some point.

Aye, I think she gets worn out by some of the negativity around here. At least on the Owlcats discord there is a lot of positive enthusiasm. Shame she left though and hope she might come back at some point.

I didn't realise she had closed her account and sent an IM to someone else called Purple something by mistake :O

Yeah, I think the current situation in the world has made everyone a bit sadder so easier to trigger when someone posts something negative.

Purple found it hard to deal with it seems, but I hope she knows most of us don't think badly of her in any way and always appreciated her input.

Owlcat is lucky if their own forums/Discord are bastions of positivity. Some of the worst abuse I've seen has been on official (or at least directly connected) platforms.

The internet has become more toxic and more aggressive anyway.

Ooo, I guess she decided to sneak out so we could not convince her to stay again :(

My current character in WotR. I've spent a lot of time hesitating between arcanist, rogue / underground chemist and this one, rogue / sylvan trickster.

He can use witch hexes, getting one every other class, but I've spent the first one on Precise Shot to avoid the shooting-in-melee penalty which is just too debilitating for an early rogue.

image.png

I hesitated a lot on the weapon too. Dueling sword is the temptation (1d8), but it requires an extra proficiency (to handle the weapon) and finesse training (+DEX for attack roll) - the rogue gets weapon finesse but that only works with light weapons, not the dueling sword. Then I wasn't sure to find good ones with cold iron, masterwork, ...

So I took a rapier (1d6), finesse training (+DEX to damage roll), 2-weapon fighting (reduce penalty with 2 weapons) and weapon focus (+1 on attack roll). And Finnean as main weapon, with a spare masterwork / cold iron :)

I carry a fox companion to help with the perception check.

Let me know what you're going for, if you're rogue.

Yeah I like the ones in this thread, but can't download them as I need them in the right format, right ?
Any Nexus ones you'd recommend ?

You'd need to cut the big one and use the link (http://www.notra.fr/success/pathfinder_wotr), but I'm happy to give you the images directly if you like, I'm sure you can ask to Purple too, she must have a nice collection by now :)

I just saw there were portrait packages on Nexus, but I haven't checked them out, sorry.

EDIT: Here's a link to the few portraits I gathered, but it's more experimental than anything :p The first cleric and the last rogue are perhaps worth checking for inspiration.

You have to copy that under

c:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Portraits

and number the portrait directories to 0001, 0002 and so on.

So it should look like
Code:
c:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Portraits\0001\Fulllength.png
c:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Portraits\0001\Medium.png
c:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Portraits\0001\Small.png

You can discard the other files (clipboard.png and so on)

Last edited:
As a side (but related) note, I wish choosing the portrait was the last thing you do in character creation, not the first. I don't know what I want to look like until I know what race/class/gender I'm going to be.

(you can probably go back and change it at the end? But still it seems an odd workflow)

Is it possible to change it after character creation now, once the game has started? I haven't checked. I guess not, we'll have to rely on a mod for that.

Not once the game has started, no, but you can click back along the character creation ribbon to change things earlier in the process. I didn't verify it, but I would imagine that once you neared the end, you could click back on the very first step of portrait selection and change it, before you started the game proper.

You'd need to cut the big one and use the link (http://www.notra.fr/success/pathfinder_wotr), but I'm happy to give you the images directly if you like, I'm sure you can ask to Purple too, she must have a nice collection by now :)

I just saw there were portrait packages on Nexus, but I haven't checked them out, sorry.

EDIT: Here's a link to the few portraits I gathered, but it's more experimental than anything :p The first cleric and the last rogue are perhaps worth checking for inspiration.

You have to copy that under

c:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Portraits

and number the portrait directories to 0001, 0002 and so on.

So it should look like
Code:
c:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Portraits\0001\Fulllength.png
c:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Portraits\0001\Medium.png
c:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Portraits\0001\Small.png

You can discard the other files (clipboard.png and so on)

Thanks I'll have a look this weekend.

Wanted to try out a Dhamphir character so spent a few hours in Skyrim tonight creating a character and taking images - then added to the game. This one turned out to be my favorite and fit best with the black hair and pale skin tone.

Takes a decent amount of time as I need to create the character in-game, figure out what ENB to use to get the correct visual look (and often tweak the settings for lighting and mood), try out various outfits to find a good fit, then find places to take the images. It is actually a lot of fun though and enjoy the creative aspect. Plus it is nice having a direct hand in making the image to go along with my character.

As you can see above I have made a bunch as those are all my custom shots I made from scratch in Skyrim.

I want to make some for Encased using FO4 but so far haven't figured out how to add custom portraits to Encased.

Not once the game has started, no, but you can click back along the character creation ribbon to change things earlier in the process. I didn't verify it, but I would imagine that once you neared the end, you could click back on the very first step of portrait selection and change it, before you started the game proper.

Aye you can jump all over as long as the sections have been filled. You don't have to go block by block either. So when I get to appearance I simply toggle back to one of the blocks that shows the small image on the block while still on the appearance block then I can at least see the face. You can also change the portrait at any time before you actually start the game.

I spend hours jumping around in the editor trying different builds and ideas :)

I've done a script that modifies the portrait in any saved game.

It's in Python and I don't suppose many of you have that programming language installed on your computer, so I'll package it into an executable. It's an old-fashioned command-line script though, didn't bother to make a nice GUI ;)

I cannot easily change to an in-game portrait, because they are described with long ids that I don't know (like 'ae8bebdec27caad4cb2065cb0a4bfcd9'). Or I should collect all the values, or install Unity SDK, which I won't. So it's limited to custom portraits, but that's what most players want anyway.

Back
Top Bottom