Solasta - Spring Update on March 25

And anyhow, we shouldn't have to wait much longer…
Let's hope so! :D

They said they were 90+% done, which doesn't mean anything precise but a general feeling they're on top of things and comfortable with the planning. They are probably still aiming at a summer release.

I'm also hesitating to play more of it until then, but trying all the new features is always so tempting. I think I may check what the side and companion quests look like :)

I haven't played the spring update, but if the game is 90% done, it's a pretty small game. I'd suggest waiting for a decent sale before purchasing unless party-based tactical combat is your favorite aspect of crpgs. At this point in time, that's nearly all of the content. I'm cheap though.

I haven't played the spring update, but if the game is 90% done, it's a pretty small game. I'd suggest waiting for a decent sale before purchasing unless party-based tactical combat is your favorite aspect of crpgs. At this point in time, that's nearly all of the content. I'm cheap though.

However, I don't believe anything close to the 90% has been put in the early access version.

They don't put everything they have in their EA release ;) EA is act 1 & bits of act 2, final release has 3 acts. That's not taking into account the additional side & companion quests.

Now it's 28 EUR instead of 40, but I would understand that people prefer to wait for reviews of the final release, that's what I usually do. Next time this one may be at a sale price might be in a long time.

I would suggest paying full price and throwing in an extra 10 gold pieces. I want to have them make another game.

They don't put everything they have in their EA release ;) EA is act 1 & bits of act 2, final release has 3 acts. That's not taking into account the additional side & companion quests.

? What do you mean by companion quests? I thought there are no companions since you create all 4 party members?

Solasta is looking really good, and I'm already anticipating the release. That said, I'll wait for the release and see how the game looks then. As I mentioned in other thread, WL3 and CP2077 were the last straw for day1 purchases on my side. Sorry if they ruined the ability to get early money for everyone else, it's not really Tactical Adventures' fault that other companies can't finish their products properly at release time, but it is how it is.

If the game is worth the £40 I'll be more than happy to give it to them, and they'll get more money than if I had purchased it in EA, so everybody wins.

? What do you mean by companion quests? I thought there are no companions since you create all 4 party members?
That's a very good question!

They're using the background you select at character creation. So each party member has a specific race, class, but also personality (to drive the dialogs) and background (for the stats but also for the background history and quests).

So the correct name is background quests, I called them companion quests because it's very similar. But you're right, there are technically no "companions".

To quote them: "the addition of 8 backgrounds quests which will give you a little more insight about the past of your party members, depending on the backgrounds you picked during Character Creation. Those quests are fully fleshed out with dialogs and new locations, and will be available at different times."

8 is the current number if I understand correctly, 1 per background. If two characters have the same background, will they have the same quests? Now, I suppose. In the final release, I don't know, maybe they can add more quests later.

Interesting - looking forward to testing this out myself when the game is released :)

Sounds like how companions were created in Original Sin. I prefer the classic method of fully fleshed stories and backgrounds, but given the small bugest it's understandable.

Except Original Sin also has traditional NPC companions as well.

If two characters have the same background, will they have the same quests? Now, I suppose. In the final release, I don't know, maybe they can add more quests later.

I hadn't thought of that. It would be pretty redundant to have the same quests more than once, so I'm guessing you'd either have less overall quests or they randomize them in some way.

Not the first two characters in Original Sin but yeah the companion in game were. I still find it weird you had to role-play between two charterers or pick an auto personality.

Well, I've just spent most of the last week replaying Solasta with the latest update and extra content and I've had a blast. This game is just so addictive I don't want to stop; you know the feeling, just one more corridor, or one more room/level. I really like BG3, but it haven't found it as addictive as Solasta. I played with a traditional party mix of fighter, cleric, mage and rogue, but there is plenty of scope for people to be a lot more creative. Let me encourage those of you on the fence about this game to give it a try!! :)

Let me encourage those of you on the fence about this game to give it a try!! :)
Don't tempt me. I want to wait for the full release. ;)

Well, I've just spent most of the last week replaying Solasta with the latest update and extra content and I've had a blast. This game is just so addictive I don't want to stop; you know the feeling, just one more corridor, or one more room/level. I really like BG3, but it haven't found it as addictive as Solasta. I played with a traditional party mix of fighter, cleric, mage and rogue, but there is plenty of scope for people to be a lot more creative. Let me encourage those of you on the fence about this game to give it a try!! :)
I'll try soon, I was waiting for hotfixes (found a curious problem with saved files).

How did you like the new background/companion and side quests? Do they bring more to the game, are they well integrated into the story or do they feel like fetch quests to you?

Thanks for the feedback, Corwin. The game is waiting in my library. It's really the top game on my list but I don't want to play it as long as it is in Early Access.

Back
Top Bottom