Exp:Conq Expeditions: Conquistador - Available Now

Expeditions: Conquistador

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Expeditions: Conquistador is available now for download at various locations such a Good Old Games for $17.99, and Gamersgate and Desura, which lists the game for me at 17.99 and 19,99 Euro respectively, both more expensive than Good Old Games, but this might be difference if you see all of them in dollars.
Here is the launch trailer.

More information.

Nice of them to get keys out to the KS backers yesterday, that was really cool. Only got to play for like 20 minutes but the game looks excellent!

-Carn

Looks good - early impressions please!

The price is $ on GOG so… It's bought there. :)
Hidden, I promise to write a thing or two later after I "taste" it.

my birthday is in 3 days. i am shamelessly hinting to a friend to do his proper duty.

Only played like 40 min. The game starts linear it seems but has plenty options to give a sense of complexity.

Played a couple of hours.
It's fun, it's interesting, it has a decent dialogues and you can choose how you'll behave (attack natives or diplomatically solve some things, approach a battle with a different tactics, intimidate or reason with attackers to ease an upcoming fight, etc).

And it probably has a bug or I didn't do something I should - when you kill a boar your foodstock doesn't increase for whatever reason. Dunno.

I'm playing on normal.

Anyone played on iron man mode? Seems like iron man only stands for your decisions but not for the fights. I was able to just reload after I lost a fight. After I lost I was "followed" by the indians which attacked me (guessed it was a bug) and then tried to reload the game to get rid of the bug. Instead I was able to do the fight again…

Edit: Correction: It seems like the combat was saved...and they just auto attack me again after reload....

I haven't seen any real bugs, though I'm not too far in. I get a Windows error every time I quit, but that doesn't seem to affect anything.

Me likey so far.

The error when quitting was reported on their KS page. Apparently its a bug with Unity and will be patched soon by Unity and then they'll give an update for the game itself I guess.

No crashes and no error on me.
Just that odd thing I've mentioned, you kill a boar, but you get no food.

So far it's really fun.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. A couple of times it did appear I got no meat after killing a boar. That's it. No crashes.

So far boars have given me a random number of meat everytime (from 5 to 35). Maybe there is a chance it give you 0?

I haven't played that much, but the game is rather fun so far.

8h no crashed. besides of the ones when exiting the game.
The AI isn't exactly the cleverest though. Even on insane the fights were pretty easy so far.

had quite a bit of fun cleansing the lands of dirty tribesman last night for a few hours. look forward to more tonight.

I didn't cleanse the land but am friendly to those "tribesmen". Some party members like that. some don't.

In the meantime, there is no bug with the meat. To turn it into rations, you have to give someone a taks of "preserverance" while camping. Works just as herbalism for medicine/herbs.
If you can't give that task to anyone, well… Next time don't go cleansing. :p

I'm finished with the first island, solved all quests, researched all 4 techs available to max... This game is by no means a masterpiece, but is very well made, and is fun. And I love that music in the background. Can't wait to explore the next island.

Just to say again, so far the game didn't crash on me.

I'm finished with the first island, solved all quests, researched all 4 techs available to max… This game is by no means a masterpiece, but is very well made, and is fun. And I love that music in the background. Can't wait to explore the next island.

Just to say again, so far the game didn't crash on me.

Were you able to take over your crew or is it just another isolated campaign? Like other land, same everything else?

Back
Top Bottom