D:OS2 First major patch released

Divinity: Original Sin 2

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch
(quote)
Hi everybody!

After a few hotfixes, we’re happy to announce the first patch for Divinity: Original Sin 2. The focus of this patch has been fixing the issues we’ve seen pop up.

There will be a further update later today featuring improved German, French, and Russian translations, as well as a series of improvements for the game’s different endings.

Thank you for sending us so much feedback!

The Larian Team

Improvements and changes
Added henchman support in the endgame dialog
Updated several quest log entries
Several inventory settings (filters and sorting) will now be saved
Teleporter pyramids are now sent to the Avatar when a companion is dismissed
Rune slots are now limited to one slot per item
Mass Cleanse Wounds now properly clears Decaying from allies and damages Undead enemies
Void-Enhanced Poison now inflicts more damage
Reactive armor changes:
Cost changed to 2 AP
Cooldown changed to 6 turns
Damage reduced
Fixed Unstable talent not scaling with maximum Vitality like it should. Reduced multiplier to 50%.
Fixed Dodging from Leadership not corresponding to amount stated in the tooltip.
Loot has been modified in the final boss fight, the demons near bloodmoon island, a corpse in the Wrecker Cave, in and around the Arena of the One
Non-recruited Godwoken now have Curse instead of Bless
Tweaked XP rewards for certain Voidwoken
Fixed certain Voidwoken that create Cursed blood surfaces when they died
Updated credits screen

Bug Fixes
Fixed journal being updated incorrectly for certain quests
Note: For ‘Call to Arms’ and the ‘Imprisoned Elf’, existing savegames may still display the wrong journal entry. This has no impact on the further game.
Fixed several crashes, of which the most important ones are:
Fixed crash related to reward screen
Fixed crash related to loading savegame
Fixed crash on dropping an item
Fixed crash related to controller disconnect
Fixed crash related to the user interface
Fixed crash related to Guardian Angel status
Fixed incorrect/permanent weather statuses
Fixed Player Character being blocked after talking to Nicholas in Reaper’s Coast
Fixed not being able to send items to the chests on the Lady Vengeance
Fixed cause of savegame issue (resulting in error 302)
Existing savegames remain affected for now, but the error will not happen again after this patch
Fixed several dialog flags
Fixed dialog issues during Sebille and Fane’s origin moments
Fixed Cloisterwood Waypoint possibly killing party members due to lava placement
Fixed Reimond triggering generic behaviors incorrectly
Fixed several alignment issues
Fixed Saheila not having enough points in Hydrosophist
Fixed eating Alexandar’s head triggering an incorrect achievement
Fixed blood puzzle getting stuck if you start the flow of blood before Blessing it
Fixed player possibly getting stuck when using context menu to drop a barrel
Fixed several tutorial messages
Fixed Shapeshift visual being stuck when removed during level change
Fixed issue regarding progress bars remaining visible on client side
Fixed Play Dead skill causing a combat loop
Fixed Oil slugs fight: some enemies were ending their turn incorrectly
Fixed origin moment with Saheila in the Elf encampment
Disabled the warning that pops up when a player leaves the Magic Mirror without having choosen tags.
You can now refuse to consume Roost’s Source
Various fixes in the epilogue dialogs
Fixed a number of repeating dialog nodes
Fixed issue with Fullscreen Gamma settings
Fixed not being able to drag items from containers to inventory
Fixed issues with Withermoore’s Soul Jar
Fixed a bug where trade items could appear in the same inventory slot
Improvements to our NAT detection system. This should improve connectivity between players who were having connectivity problems.
Malady will now remind you of the companion quests that are left open on Reaper’s coast, even if you are shapeshifted
Ifan will no longer have the Undertavern romance moment outside of the Undertavern
Fixed an issue where the Source amulet was not working as intended.
Fixed an issue where the Slane quest does not close correctly if you kill the Shriekers before freeing him.
Fixed sound attenuations being incorrect for some objects.
Fixed naming of giant healing potions.
Fixed AI characters trying to move out of invalid positions when they are unable to move
Fixed the White Magister who kept repeating her shout for every hit during combat.
All players will now resurrect after finishing the Arena of the One so that the dialog with Malady can continue correctly afterwards.
Fixed an issue where players could be eternally Wet
Sebille no longer proclaims she is free when enthralled
Fixed the FX of resurrection skills
Fixed Ryker not being hostile when player chooses to refuse the quest/ attack
Blocked illogical node from Sebille dialog while speaking with Tovah
Fixed gamma correction not working in windowed and fake fullscreen mode
Fixed issue where Hannag's first greeting after being saved by the player wouldn't give a reward
Fixed ‘A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing’ achievement
Removed wrong dialog nodes from Fane’s dialogs.
Fixed Malady refusing to come to the Lady Vengeance after attacking her on Bloodmoon Island (Really, why would you do that?)
You can now tell Malady only once about the Meistr
Removed looping from dialogs in the Blackpits.
Ex-companions no longer drop loot in the Arena of the One.
Voicebarks now play on the correct characters in the Arx death room
Fixed a scripting issue wherein a player enters Arx in multiplayer when the host is near the Lady Vengeance, Malady starts a dialog with an incorrect player.
If players were betrayed by their friends so they cannot be resurrected anymore and all other players are dead, a ‘game over’ condition has been added.
Made it clearer in Cullwood Mills that you are not allowed in
Removed Roost’s floating hand near Bloodmoon Island
Fixed text in the Gwydian execution scene
Fixed Meistr dialog when player performed ritual outside of the cellar
Added Ifan origin moments with ghost of Hannah
Fixed shapeshifting visual being stuck during level swapping
Meistr now reacts logically to being Source Vampirised
Fixed Red Prince dialog in Driftwood tavern when he is a companion

UI Fixes
Fixed layout problems on the examine window in keyboard mode
Fixed various UI text overlaps
Added a delay to some tutorial messages, so they do not appear at the start of the game.
Allow pinging to work during combat, when it’s not your turn.
Added an option to enable/disable sound muting when the game window does not have focus.
Re-enabled the drag and drop functionality on the player names in the inventory screen
Increased FPS limit to 240 in the options screen
Restricted visual lobby name length but added a tooltip showing the full name
Fixed an issue where the resolution selection was empty for some players
Added a delay to the Hotbar tutorial of 5 minutes so it doesn't trigger as soon as you start a game
Fix for some items not being selected when looking at them when playing with a controller
Fixed issue with appearance selectors not updating correctly when quickly switching between presets, causing some visual bugs like the voice being wrong on the origin characters in character creation.
Fixed aspect ratio issues when using controller in split-screen mode

Arena
Fixed a situation where a player is kicked from the lobby when a player presses certain keys to start splitscreen.
Fixed issue with ‘ready’ button on client side
Fixed some rare selection issue in the character selection screen

GM Mode
Overview map. Level popup of existing scenes now closes if GM deletes all scenes.
FIxed an issue where after subscribing to a GM campaign, it was not visible.
Fixed GameMaster not being able to see invisible items

yeah a big patch...has some spoiler in it I guess.

Reactive armor changes:
Cost changed to 2 AP
Cooldown changed to 6 turns
Damage reduced

That skill was the main bread and butter of the soloing building (well one of them, I read the post about a dude who solo classic using that and perseverance).

Fixed certain Voidwoken that create Cursed blood surfaces when they died
Wait, that was a bug??? I though it was a feature. They like all do it in Act 2.

Sebille no longer proclaims she is free when enthralled

But it is a very Sebille thing to do, lol.

One rune slot per item? And I was gathering only those with two slots… Just kidding. :D

EDIT:
Fixed not being able to drag items from containers to inventory
This was a bug?! O_O

I honestly thought it's impossible as a part of f.k K+M and go mushrooms UI adaptation.

Fixed AI characters trying to move out of invalid positions when they are unable to move
What exactly is fixed here? All my (hard) fights I'm getting trashmobs stuck somewhere and they're trying to escape but can't. Hopefully they didn't disable this strategy where I can't make a circle of boxes then teleport a trashmob inside it.

Fixed the White Magister who kept repeating her shout for every hit during combat.
Dunno where this happens, but it feels hilarious and as such shouldn't have been fixed!

Added an option to enable/disable sound muting when the game window does not have focus.
Thank god, I'm gonna disable it right away because I was keeping the party onscreen all the time so I don't miss a detected secret spot to dig/loot!

Last edited:
Great looking patch although some spoilers for sure in the notes even if I don't fully understand them - just got to Driftwood last night. Seems like there might be a romance option as well ... that is something to look forward to and even more glad I decided to go custom.

The graphics of this game just doesn't seem to warrant romances. It makes sense in Skyrim and Witcher but isometric? No thanks.

Great looking patch although some spoilers for sure in the notes even if I don't fully understand them - just got to Driftwood last night. Seems like there might be a romance option as well … that is something to look forward to and even more glad I decided to go custom.

There are definetly romances in chapter 2.

The graphics of this game just doesn't seem to warrant romances. It makes sense in Skyrim and Witcher but isometric? No thanks.

No Vicky romance in BG2 for you?
I'm totally disappointed.

Lol I am not looking for sex scenes. I just enjoy companions, relationships, and interactions with them. I got hooked on them ever since Baldur Gate 1 … which is probably why BG stands out as one of my all time favorite games. Not just the companions but little things like the personal quests to get a cottage (Ranger) or castle.

I like companions a lot in games.

EDIT: Just did part of a romance and it was great and nicely done I thought. Couldn't be happier right now with the game. :)

Last edited:

Audio erotica novel isn't as awkward as animated 3D sex scenes.

Well unless you are a skeleton, then it's just hilarious.

Audio erotica novel isn't as awkward as animated 3D sex scenes.

Well unless you are a skeleton, then it's just hilarious.

Playing as the human female Loshe my (first?) romantic involvement was with the skeleton :)
She loved it. Fane didn't feel anything.

Sounds like you both got boned.

Minor update today:
Hello everyone!
We issued a hotfix today, containing the following changes:
  • Cases that could cause the “Device lost” crash, are now better handled.
  • Fixed an eternal damage loop situation in combat.
  • Lucky Charm has been re-balanced: it now grows in power at a slower rate.
  • Tweaked Journal XP.
  • Several fixes and improvements for German, French and Russian languages.
  • Also, a big patch is on the horizon, and we are aiming to release it next week. The focus will be fixing the remaining issues we’ve seen pop up since release.

Thank you for unending support and as always, keep on sending us your amazing feedback!
The Larian Team

Last edited:
Lucky Charm has been re-balanced: it now grows in power at a slower rate.
What does this even mean.
My luck based character has luck of 9 (5 points as skill plus 4 from gear) since the second island.

What does this even mean.
My luck based character has luck of 9 (5 points as skill plus 4 from gear) since the second island.

example: it grew by 10% each points you invested in it (so lucky charm 9 meant 90% chance of triggering) and now they reduced it to 5% increase per points (so lucky charm 9 means 45% of triggering).

NOTE: I have no idea what were the numbers or what they are now.

Luck of 9 wasn't 90% trust me. To trigger a "hidden loot", I needed to loot at least a dozen of containers, sometimes even more.
And it doesn't work on looting corpses at all.

Back
Top Bottom