Legend of Grimrock 2 - Feature List & Screenshots

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Almost Human has a new blog post for Legend of Grimrock 2 with some new screenshots, and a feature list.

Information about Grimrock 2 has been a little scarce lately so it’s about time we unravel some of the mysteries. Let’s get going!

The events of Legend of Grimrock 2 will happen on the Isle of Nex, a secluded island faraway from civilization. An island is a perfect place to setup an unforgettable dungeon crawling experience because we can mix indoor and outdoor locations seamlessly while still maintaining that atmosphere of mystery and danger, and the density of interesting things that is at the heart of Grimrock. If you think about it, the island is the perfect microcosm, where the party may explore dark woods, misty swamps, underground tunnels and ancient ruins without need to travel great distances. For us, an island is the perfect “dungeon” with a welcome variety of different types of environments.

At the start of the game, a party of four prisoners has ended up on the island against their will and start to explore the island. Pretty soon they will realize that they are not alone on the island and that the island is not an ordinary island at all… What are the mysterious towers on the island and who built them? Why is the island full of puzzles and traps? The story of Grimrock 2 will not be a direct continuum to Grimrock 1, but will be a completely new story with new characters that will expand the Grimrock universe.

A big part of Grimrock is, of course, the brain-teasing puzzles and for Grimrock 2 we have been busy developing new types of puzzle mechanics. Talking about puzzles is a tricky subject to discuss. We believe that the less you know about them in advance the better. So without ruining the surprises ahead, let’s just say that you’re not the only one stuck in the puzzles…
More information.

FIRST!

ehem. I always wanted to write that! Anywho, good looks. I hope it is not toooooo hardcore. *sweatdrop*

I wish those old skool RPGs would have 2 modes to start, casual and classic or so. Some stuff in the endgame of Grimrock 1 I managed only with a program slowing down the game to 20% of the original speed. *cough* timed trapdoors... *cough*

I loved the Ultima Underworld deja vu of Grimrock 1. Hopefully Grimrock 2 is as cool.

Mouse gestures as opposed to clicking individual runes is a very big improvement., might even be game changing - i wasn't a fan of GR 1 for this kind of reason.

Back
Top Bottom