ATOM RPG - 1.10 Update

As I said already in another thread.

Free content updates for all buyers love it. :heart:

I would definitely pay for an expansion.:nod:

So i should buy this then as not much of a AAA gamer never was unless it is from CD

So i should buy this then as not much of a AAA gamer never was unless it is from CD
It's definitely an Indie RPG made on small budget and they succeeded.

ATOM RPG

Pros:

• Captures the feel of classic RPGs like Fallout & Wasteland
  • Good Character customization that affects gameplay
  • Freedom of choice when completing quests
  • Funny characters and dialog
  • New content added for Free
Cons:

• Graphics are mediocre
  • Most Areas look and feel small
  • Terrible AI
  • Clunky interface

Bottom-line if you enjoyed Fallout 1&2 then yes it's a must play.:nod:

It's definitely an Indie RPG made on small budget and they succeeded.

ATOM RPG

Pros:

• Captures the feel of classic RPGs like Fallout & Wasteland
  • Good Character customization that affects gameplay
  • Freedom of choice when completing quests
  • Funny characters and dialog
  • New content added for Free
Cons:

• Graphics are mediocre
  • Most Areas look and feel small
  • Terrible AI
  • Clunky interface

Bottom-line if you enjoyed Fallout 1&2 then yes it's a must play.:nod:

Sold!!!!! thanks big guy..

It seems like all games have terrible ai. Can you think of any games with really good ai ?

now that is a great question, always wondering the same thing hahhaaha

Games hasn't evolved much since Pac-Man in terms of A.I. There's no developer who's even the least interested in it. It has even gotten less interesting to most of them than e.g in the 90's.. i'd say shooters overall has worse A.I than before, its probably because it can be quite CPU heavy and its "better" for the CPU to handle other stuff than advanced A.I.

GalCiv 2 had decent A.I, Galciv3 is much worse (dev has no problems to admit it).. This is very common for games, that it only gets worse.

It's really up to the players to demand it and it's up to reviewers to give a bad score if A.I is bad, but no one cares, everyone expects it to be bad or just "like normal". Kind of funny really, graphics has not evolved like that at all. everyone absolutely demanded good graphics, shitty graphics could even give a very poor overall score, but for A.I no, just expect it to be shit and be happy, 10/10.. lol

At launch it had the usual Russian to English translation errors, but the latest patch corrected it with the help of an English community translator a few months back.
Eventually, all haphazardly translated English content will be rewritten (down to item descriptions), and Russian jokes replaced with Western equivalents, except where it's funnier to leave some kind of unholy hybrid in place. :)

It seems like all games have terrible ai. Can you think of any games with really good ai ?

I've played some video wargames that had pretty good AI. In that case though the developers have a strong interest in making the battles a challenge.

I recently played a game titled Infinite Adventures, and the brain behind the opponents was often quite brutal. Almost every single time that one of my party members were still damaged from a previous fight, the new combatants would target them en masse immediately, and try to take them down. I'd not seen that kind of intelligence from a gaming opponent in quite some time. You really learn to keep up on your healing and clear those detriments asap.

Knights of the Chalice did this. It's just a matter of having sensible pathfinding, and writing detailed algorithms for different situations. It's not technically AI and it's not impossible if you're running a decent game engine. It's just more work than people are willing to put in.

A "deep" A.I would require deeper bug fixes i reckon.. games are already buggy and complex and nowadays it takes ages for many of them to get into a decent, playable shape. I doubt we will ever get great A.I in games, at least not in my life time.

Looks like i will have to cave in and grab this. The devs seem to actually care about their game.

Despite the fact that there are too many Fallout-like RPGs from Russian devs (to be honest, sometimes it looks like they can't do anything else), these guys did a great job.

Back
Top Bottom