Star Wars Episode VII cast announced

Nah… Fallout 3 was hated by legions of Fallout fans before it was even released. Skyrim never faced that kind of skepticism. Not even close.

I understand what you're trying to say though.

Actually, those very same Fallout fans tend to hate everything from Bethesda after FO3 - though I agree it's not quite in the same league as the hate we first witnessed.

But this isn't the place for that talk :)

I hope I'm wrong about SW VII - I'd love to be.

I also hear rumour of a 2015 release which makes no sense if the cast was announced today. It took 2 or 3 years to release the first one (ep 4).

They started filming a few months back.

Honestly, after the movies from the 90's, I'd keep my mouth shut till they are sure they have a decent flick. Besides, it's Star Wars, not something good like Star Trek =p. With that said, I do enjoy a decent space opera, so I hope it doesn't suck.

It's still Abrams, meaning it's still going to be crap.

Abrams is pretty good about getting things started, just particularly aweful when it comes to the latter half of anything. So if they're writing/planning all three movies at once (even if they're filming them one at a time) I predict the first one and first half of the second one will be amazing; then it will become rapidly clear they have no idea what they're doing and end in a confused mess beginning in the second half of the second movie through the third.

So at least the first of the new movies might be good; then hopefully they'll get a different director to handle the second and third one.

Besides, it's Star Wars, not something good like Star Trek =p. With that said, I do enjoy a decent space opera, so I hope it doesn't suck.
header-the-ultimate-star-wars-vs-star-trek-infographic-1.jpg

h33765D5C

in addition:

the-eternal-debate-star-wars-vs-star-trek_503d49da68ea4_w1500.jpg

Hmmm, the above chart doesn't take speed into account. Warp 9 is 1024 times the speed of light. In Star Wars they measured speed by decimals points faster than light. The Falcon did .5 past light speed. That would make it a sitting duck for any Federation ship. Just one more goofy thing to throw into the battle :)

Hmmm, the above chart doesn't take speed into account. Warp 9 is 1024 times the speed of light. In Star Wars they measured speed by decimals points faster than light. The Falcon did .5 past light speed. That would make it a sitting duck for any Federation ship. Just one more goofy thing to throw into the battle :)

Actually no. The ships hyperdrive in Star Wars is FASTER the lower the number of the decimal, where 0.0 is a theoretical instantanious travel. If they "only" travelled at light speed the lore wouldn't make any sense since thay travel between star systems in very short time spans. I tried searching for exact numbers but these seems to be unexistant. From the Wookiepedia:

"The superluminal speed of a hyperdrive was rated on a decreasing scale; the faster the hyperdrive, the lower the rating. These ratings were generally referred to as "Classes" and provided a quick, although often inconsistent or inaccurate, idea of a ship's hyperdrive speed. It was based on an asymptotic scale with Class 0.0 being infinite speed. In 30 BBY. By the end of the Clone Wars most military starships were using Class 3 or Class 2. During the Galactic Civil War, military capital ships and starfighters were generally equipped with Class 1 or Class 2, industrial freighters and haulers with Class 3 or Class 4, and civilian starships with Class 5 or above. Many vessels mounted backup hyperdrives of much higher—that is, slower—class than their primary hyperdrive."

And what do you mean Goofy thing? These things are really important. ;)

More casting news: Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie. Yay :D!

I knew they were doing 7 but seriously, the same cast 30 years later? This is going to be like Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull all over again.

I don't know why people bash on Abrams so much, among LIVING directors he is one of the better choices we could see, and the guy who co-wrote Empire co-wrote this as well and writing/general tightness is only area I have ever had much to complain about from abrams film.

As for the chart, the Q Continuum makes anything in either franchise rather insignificant.

At any rate, I've been reading up on the new cast and it seems pretty good. I like John Boyega, he seems like a proper actor (like Alec Guiness and Sir Patrick Stewart), unlike all the "actors" who are working at diners in Hollywood "waiting to be discovered".

More casting news: Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie. Yay :D!

Gwendoline is starting to get really popular and busy from what I've seen. She's in the next Hunger Games movies as well (and she has a voice role in Dragon Age Inquisition too!)

I like it that such an ancient name like Gwendoline is actually reappearing into the public. ;)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/12/showbiz/harrison-ford-star-wars-injury/
Harrison Ford suffered an ankle injury while filming the next "Star Wars" installment, Disney Studios said Thursday.

Ford, 71, is reprising the Han Solo role that brought him fame in the first "Star Wars" in 1977.
Star Wars returns with original stars

The injury happened on the set of "Star Wars: Episode VII" Thursday, a Disney statement said. "He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."

'Star Wars: Episode VII': Want to be in the movie ...?

While the film's production is happening at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, England, and Abu Dhabi, Disney did not give the set location.
'Star Wars' force is strong in the UAE

A spokesman for the British Health And Safety Executive told CNN Thursday that the agency "have been made aware of an incident at Pinewood studios and are making initial enquiries."

Lupita Nyong'o joins 'Star Wars' cast

Director J.J. Abrams recently teased fans looking for any hints about what will be in the next film by posting a photo via his Twitter account.

pic.twitter.com/wQYfaVtwFU
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) June 4, 2014

"I wish people would stop leaking photos from 'Episode VII.' And making ridiculous claims that the Millennium Falcon is in the movie," Abrams said in a handwritten note on top of the hologram chessboard from the original "Star Wars," which was in the Falcon.

A number of images from the secretive "Episode VII" set have appeared online, showing, among other things, a replica of Han Solo's Millennium Falcon under construction.

Well, I assume the Falcon's door shut first.

I guess now we know why they called the company bad robot.

Back
Top Bottom