Final Fantasy XV Demo Video

What game was this a demo for again? Super Mario 64 , PS4 collect coins version?

Yeah, even down to the cute little critter giving you advice as you go. I think, though, this is just a light hearted dream sequence that's deliberately aping Mario. The critter says you're dreaming, and weapons in the inventory are "toy sword" and "squelchy hammer".

Yeah, even down to the cute little critter giving you advice as you go.

You clearly haven't played many FF games. Cute little critters giving you advice happened before and not in a dream sequence.

And considering Japan is all about being kawaii (cute) these days expect more of it even if the game is supposed to be a "boy only road trip".

You clearly haven't played many FF games. Cute little critters giving you advice happened before and not in a dream sequence.

And considering Japan is all about being kawaii (cute) these days expect more of it even if the game is supposed to be a "boy only road trip".

I haven't played many FF games, not since the ones that were actually pretty good, many years ago on consoles. All I'm saying here is that I think this sequence might be designed to be as Mario-like as possible, and not taken too seriously, as indicated by the weapons.

Even the best FF games often feel like they were written by someone on drugs, so it's hard to say if we are meant to take something seriously. The demo clearly does indicate a dream world, but that may end up being a major part of the game. I believe the cute animal is carbuncle, an established godlike being that gets summoned by abilities in previous games. At least he doesn't have a red ping pong ball on his head.

Unfortunately, from reading the wiki, it does appear that the combat, jumping, and collecting shiny objects is representative of the main game. I wasn't necesarily expecting a return to classic turn based combat, but I am disapointed that they are just turning it into an action game with no resemblence to previous titles. Though I guess I should not be surprised after the last one.

I'm just completely open-minded on this one, and I don't quite know what to make of it. I just hope it turns out to be a really good open-world action RPG. I've enjoyed plenty of those, and I've no attachment to the series' history.

That's pretty much where I am too. In the past I always bought every FF game on release, for this one I'm going to sit back, read reviews, and just treat it like any other action game I've never heard of. After the last FF game, I was already planning to wait to buy the next anyway. I've heard the gameplay compared to the kingdom hearts series, which I didn't really like that much, but it's certainly popular.

I'm just completely open-minded on this one, and I don't quite know what to make of it. I just hope it turns out to be a really good open-world action RPG. I've enjoyed plenty of those, and I've no attachment to the series' history.

I've heard the gameplay compared to the kingdom hearts series, which I didn't really like that much, but it's certainly popular.

Is that the one where Mickey Mouse and Goofy give people a kicking?

I found a bit of FFXV combat footage. Can't say it does much for me, but you never know until you play it. No sign of Donald Duck, at this stage.

I couldn't watch much of it. It was too beautiful! I really hope this game comes to PC so I can actually play it eventually.

Between that cute Carbuncle (is it?), the enchanting music and general good vibrations of the game, it seems like they are taking the series in a very interesting direction.

I wasn't that interested with the road trip idea, but will definitely check this one out if it (hopefully) reaches PC!

I found a bit of FFXV combat footage. Can't say it does much for me, but you never know until you play it. No sign of Donald Duck, at this stage.

Seeing this combat video definitely confirms this is not a game for me, the twitchiness is strong on this one young padawan.

The squad-based combat I've seen in other videos looked good. Relatively speaking, of course. I prefer real-time-with-pause or turn-based, generally, but action combat can be fun sometimes, too. It wouldn't stop me from playing this one, let's put it that way.

But yeah, in other videos for this game it looked quite cool. Reminded me a bit of Xenoblade Chronicles, actually, which is a good thing as that game had an excellent real-time combat system.

I was reading a little more about the combat system online, it does sound like there could be a little more to it once you collect your party. It made me think of xenoblades a bit as well, although I didn't like the combat system so much in that game. But at least there is hope that it will be more involved than just butting mashing.

They have said there will be some way to set the behavior of your party members, but it wouldn't be like the gambit system in that other FF game. Too bad, I really liked gambits (and tactics too in DA).

I was reading a little more about the combat system online, it does sound like there could be a little more to it once you collect your party. It made me think of xenoblades a bit as well, although I didn't like the combat system so much in that game. But at least there is hope that it will be more involved than just butting mashing.

They have said there will be some way to set the behavior of your party members, but it wouldn't be like the gambit system in that other FF game. Too bad, I really liked gambits (and tactics too in DA).

I could almost assure you that it's more than button-mashing at this point, at least from what I've seen from that PS4 demo they released awhile back. I watched someone play it and each character and had many skills to activate, items to use, positioning and crowd control was important, etc. It was intense as an action system is, yes, but I don't think it would quite qualify as simple or mindless button-mashing.

Tactics in DA, yeah, I loved that bit! I hear that Final Fantasy 12 uses a similar system, and it's really got me interested to check that one sometime since I never have.

To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of the MMO style combat in Xenoblade Chronicles. If it's going to be real-time, I'd prefer to have complete control of my character's actions rather than an auto-attack system.

The music in the scene that starts at 6:30 of the video reminds me of one of the tracks from the original Conan The Barbarian. :)

To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of the MMO style combat in Xenoblade Chronicles. If it's going to be real-time, I'd prefer to have complete control of my character's actions rather than an auto-attack system.

The combat in FF XV looks to be more action-oriented than Xenoblade, in that you control each swing of your sword.

I do prefer Xenoblade style action combat since it takes into consideration time, which almost makes it similar to a live, real-time turn-based game, if that makes any sense. :p

Tactics in DA, yeah, I loved that bit! I hear that Final Fantasy 12 uses a similar system, and it's really got me interested to check that one sometime since I never have.

I really wish more real time games had a tactics system like that so that I could feel I have more control over when my party members use their abilities. I would have liked DA:I a lot better if they hadn't gotten rid of it.

FF12 is very similar although some of the more useful tactics you have to find or buy.

Back
Top Bottom