Paradox Interactive - Will Announce Two New Games

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamewatcher reports that Paradox Interactive will announce two new games at PDXCON 2018, one of which will be from Triumph Studios, maker of Age of Wonders. PDXCON 2018 takes place at Stocklhom, Sweden from May 19-20th.

Paradox has let us know that they will be finally announcing a full new title from Paradox Development Studio at PDXCON 2018. All bets were on Victoria 3, but we've just seen in the video at the bottom of this report that it won't be there.

The Swedish publisher has also announced the reveal of a new game from Triumph Studios, the guys behind Age of Wonders and Overlord.

[...]
More information.

Please be a new Age of Wonders, or Overlord game.:fingerscrossed:

As for Victoria 3 I'll pass as I never liked that series of games.

Translation: We need pension money and keep our company afloat, so we have to Ann-Ounce another two junk projects for the junk food eater crowd out there.

Translation: We need pension money and keep our company afloat, so we have to Ann-Ounce another two junk projects for the junk food eater crowd out there.

Translation: I have to fill my daily troll quota.

They are Europeans, they do not need to whore themselves for pension or healthcare money. They do also awesome games in general.
Those games require a functionning brain however which could be the reason you feel a bit grumpy toward them.

The world needs Sims "clone" of a sort. And everyone expects one from Paradox.

The second game however, dunno. Could be anything.

As long as they don't nickel and dime us to death with DLC... Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with it if like CK2 it means supporting a game more than five years after release but when it comes to cRPGs I don't think it's the right model.

They know how to use the streaming scene to spur sales so these products are going to be provided to streamers and streamed.

They know nothing. If they did, they'd earn enough cash to buy EA.

In the announcement video they explicitly said it's not going to be Victoria 3 (major bummer). My hope since it's not V3 would be a GSG about either ancient history or a fantasy GSG.

They know nothing. If they did, they'd earn enough cash to buy EA.

Quite a bar. Getting a 10 pc increase in sales volume is already good, Paradox probably milk more from their use of the streaming scene.

In the announcement video they explicitly said it's not going to be Victoria 3 (major bummer). My hope since it's not V3 would be a GSG about either ancient history or a fantasy GSG.
I know that.:p

It's just that the Victoria games don't appeal to me. In past threads I always said I wished they would do another Rome with their new clausewitz engine from CK2.

Though I do have to say I'm not a fan of the constant DLC milking. Although a plus of all those DLC's the games have a long lifespan, and get new features for free.

I'm quite split about their DLC habits as well. Expansions for their Grand Strategy titles that actually expand the game and increases the lifespan are fine, but they've had some pretty crappy DLC too.

I was interested in that Runemaster game they were working on years ago based on Norse mythology... Wish they'd revive that, but preferrably without procedural generation.

Agreed, I always keep wondering about that Runemaster game, and if they'll ever return to it. With this latest news, I guess the answer to that is either never, or not anytime soon. That's just too bad.

Man, I hope Triumph is doing some kind of fantasy 4x ... I'm thinking something like AoW but maybe a little deeper on the city building/tech tree front. Or someone mentioned a fantasy GSG - that would be cool too.

Triumph said their new game will be turn based and players who like AOW3 will like that game too :)

Back
Top Bottom