Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - Trailer

This looks (tentatively) very good and I may end up playing this before I get around to finally installing Queen's Wish.

Excellent UI and tooltips packed with big, fat fonts! Amazing job, congratulations!! :D Can't wait to play this beast after their customary 1st patch.

I was just thinking it doesn't look that much different...

I was just thinking it doesn't look that much different…
His remakes usually stay true to the original game so I'm not surpised. :(

His remakes usually stay true to the original game so I'm not surpised. :(

Don't get me wrong I actually like the original games...I just get super frustrated how many times he milks the same stories over and over never taking a risk with something new really....I don't care about the engine, just do something new.

Don't get me wrong I actually like the original games…I just get super frustrated how many times he milks the same stories over and over never taking a risk with something new really….I don't care about the engine, just do something new.

I'm the same way, but I'm ok with him bringing back Geneforge. It was a really unique game and I'd totally be down with playing an updated version, as long as he makes an effort to update the gameplay as well as the graphics.

I'm probably going to skip his remakes of Geneforge 2 and 3 though.

I was just thinking it doesn't look that much different…

Having played Geneforge 4 recently, I think that while the style is very similar to the originals, the graphical quality is improved. All of the portraits are much better. The tile sets (for example the cavern walls) are much more detailed. The graphics still look old fashioned, though, so I can see why you might say that.

From the picture it looks like the Vlish has multiple active abilities. Unless I'm mistaken that's a change, as I think the old Geneforge monsters just had basic melee and ranged attacks (sometimes with added effects like poison or acid). Certainly fleshing out the various summons would make the game more interesting, particularly for those of us who already played the original.

Back
Top Bottom