Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Deep Dive Trailer & System Specs - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Deep Dive Trailer & System Specs

Default Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Deep Dive Trailer & System Specs

October 15th, 2020, 10:33
This boring fest will be on geforce now so no need to spend 1-2k $ on video card
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

October 15th, 2020, 11:09
I don't really see the problem with the system specs. It's a high-end game, and a Ryzen 1600 and an RX 570, both three year-old $200 parts, give the same sort of experience as a console. That seems about right, to me. Then you have the option of cranking things up beyond that if you spend on better hardware.
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

October 15th, 2020, 12:49
If it's anything like Odyssey, I'll enjoy this one.
Glad to see that it's very little snowy landscapes but rather green.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

October 15th, 2020, 12:51
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
If it's anything like Odyssey, I'll enjoy this one.
Glad to see that it's very little snowy landscapes but rather green.
They've done a terrific job on the lighting conditions of the English countryside. It really captures the atmosphere.

EDIT: Also, if folks haven't actually seen that trailer, but just the requirements, take a look. Look at the lighting and landscape shaders at 0:10. That's a different class, and that's going to be heavy on performance. There's only so much optimisation you can do.

loading…
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller
Last edited by Ripper; October 15th, 2020 at 13:12.

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

October 15th, 2020, 13:53
The visuals have always been a strength in Ubisoft's titles. Imo, they've all looked great since the original AC.

The problem, to me, is how gamey and repetitive they become after a certain point. I've yet to finish a single one of their games.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

October 15th, 2020, 14:09
Funny enough it's the same engine but they always find ways to make it more demanding. I dread the thought if they added a Ultra texture pack on top of that.

Ps; I love how you fellow watchers up-vote select posts. Almost as bad as Reedit.
--
ďThink of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.Ē

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

October 15th, 2020, 14:11
I like old timey games but that trailer got me excited as hell. I will only be able to play on Enthusiast though.

Can I change my characters name to Uhtred Ragnarson and take over Northumbria? I want to find Excalibur and go to Valhalla to battle Woden. Just having the possibility of doing that makes it a day 1 buy.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

October 15th, 2020, 14:18
Anyway the more I think about it I don't game in 2k or 4k so I'm fine. Just had to go over the specs with a fine comb to see how the last two don't affect me at all. So I'm good.
--
ďThink of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.Ē

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

October 15th, 2020, 14:21
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Can I change my characters name to Uhtred Ragnarson and take over Northumbria? I want to find Excalibur and go to Valhalla to battle Woden. Just having the possibility of doing that makes it a day 1 buy.
I wish but sadly your name is set in stone (Eivor) as most Assassin Creed games. As for Excalibur I'd say probably if they do something similar as they did with DLC in Odyssey.

On a side note the very first Viking invasion of England started in 793 AD, and this game takes place in 873 AD. So I'm guessing this is after the main invasion then?
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

October 15th, 2020, 16:04
Damn, that does look good. One big question I have after watching that trailer: is there romance?

Unfortunate this game requires Uplay, which means I probably will never get it.
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

October 15th, 2020, 16:14
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
Unfortunate this game requires Uplay, which means I probably will never get it.
Uplay isn't a big deal to be honest. What sucks is, if you buy it on Steam, you have to run both clients in the background.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

October 15th, 2020, 16:24
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
Damn, that does look good. One big question I have after watching that trailer: is there romance?
Are all games expected to be some kind of romance fantasy generators for desperate gamers with failed (love) life? I pity developers for this…

PS. I do not imply that you would have failed love life and do not mean this as a personal insult.

largh

Watchdog

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 15th, 2020, 17:52
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Funny you mention your son. I recall you passed down the Holy Titan card to him.

Must be nice to buy $1,000 video cards. I envy you.
It was a typo, should have said sons. I have 2 and am very proud of both. Buying a $1,000 video card every couple years isnít really that hard. Itís basically putting away $50/mo. I donít drink alcohol or coffee and donít smoke so I probably save $50/mo. right there. You donít have to be rich. Anyway, thatís way OT.

As for the specs as Ripper said they arenít that bad unless you want to run 4K/30+. If you look at the recommended spec itís almost identical to cyberpunk.

sakichop

Mentioned: Post(s)

October 15th, 2020, 18:05
I think I will buy it and play it for a good 60 to 70 hours but will never finish the game like any other Assassin creed games!

I think Ubi soft games over stay their welcome as once you figure out all the games systems, its get boring pretty fast. I long for days of Gothic or even Morrowind like "small" open world game which are packed full of interesting stuff rather than huge open worlds. Me as player somehow can't seem to manage huge open worlds. I think I am a "completionist" player so I tend to spend lot of time exploring the starting areas and by the time I am done, I am bored of the rest of the game!

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

October 15th, 2020, 19:42
It looks quite good actually and Im not big fan of UBI games at all. But I think it would be more appealing to me if it wasnt Assassins Creed, but just Valhalla. Meaning I wouldnt mind if assassins/templars background would be gone for once.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

October 16th, 2020, 09:46
I hope they toned down the fetch quests are boring repetitive content. I couldn't finish Odyssey even though I really liked the first 50 hours of it or so.

Excited about the setting!

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

October 16th, 2020, 19:08
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
I hope they toned down the fetch quests are boring repetitive content. I couldn't finish Odyssey even though I really liked the first 50 hours of it or so.
I've been hoping for that since the original AC, but it's starting to seem like it's a permanent staple of the series. AC Odyssey did seem better than the older games at least, but I could still see the repetitiveness pretty quickly, and I didn't play it nearly as long as you did.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

October 16th, 2020, 22:17
Originally Posted by largh View Post
Are all games expected to be some kind of romance fantasy generators for desperate gamers with failed (love) life? I pity developers for thisÖ

PS. I do not imply that you would have failed love life and do not mean this as a personal insult.
None taken. It was kinda said in jest anyway.

But yeah, I do think it helps sell actually.
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

October 16th, 2020, 22:49
Originally Posted by largh View Post
Are all games expected to be some kind of romance fantasy generators for desperate gamers with failed (love) life?
If you ask me - mostly yes.
It's business. Why was the tv show desperate housewives so popular among certain population? Or better said, why did it sell? Would a desperate gamers game sell?

But mostly doesn't mean all.
We still need some dull shooters after having a bad workday for example.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
+1:

October 17th, 2020, 00:00
I bluntly claim that romance in games is enjoyed by gamers with a successful (love) life as much as by gamers with a failed (love) life.
(Yep, it's hard to falisfy this theses and thus the claim is unfair. Just like the implied previos thesis.)

As @joxer said, sex sells. That's why we have them. And I'm not unhappy about it.
If I had to decide between a romance feature in a game or a crafting feature, I'd always take the romance (provided they're of at least equal quality).
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Deep Dive Trailer & System Specs