Kingmaker The real issue with Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I just hope that the normal difficulty mode is fair and gives no secret bonus to either me or the computer. Other difficulties are just not for me.

I wonder though, do they seriously believe that the RNG is substandard in some games, because it's giving them "bad" numbers. :biggrin:

I think they do. That's a common complaint on the Steam forums.

I just hope that the normal difficulty mode is fair and gives no secret bonus to either me or the computer. Other difficulties are just not for me.

Try Custom Mode, with everything set to Normal and 1.0 enemy damage. That's the core experience. "Normal" by default is an easier mode that reduces enemy damage to 0.8.

Try Custom Mode, with everything set to Normal and 1.0 enemy damage. That's the core experience. "Normal" by default is an easier mode that reduces enemy damage to 0.8.

Yeah I've seen in a let's play that it has extensive difficulty settings but I didn't pause the video to study them closely. If I can make everything 1x I'm a happy camper.

It was hard enough getting a few people together in the seventies, eighties, and nineties to play a few hours of gaming. I cannot even imagine how difficult a chore it would be to do the same these days.

PF PnP is played, thus this point is irrelevant.

Beside, gaming is a waste of time. In many countries (except the US), the capacity of wasting time results from building an excess. Therefore wasted time is precious.
Quite a lot of MU board games of all sorts that provide quality gameplay.

Time to waste is too precious to be wasted on poor quality products.

Stop feeding the troll, folks.

A PnP group gaming session is so completely different than playing a CRPG that it's pointless to compare the two. They are two different experiences.

Only when there is no point of comparing the two.

Not the case here. It is a port of PnP without taking into account the specificities of each platform (PnP, computer)

It is not Pathfinder adapted to computers. It is PF ported to computers.

Fortunately, Chien saying my point is irrelevant only proves how accurate my comment was. Then again, we're all waiting the glorious day when you do make a relevant comment.

Bizarre question ( if taken seriously).
Video games give you direct, visual and audio presentation of everything you do in campaign/world: you're not imagining things, you see everything with your own eyes ( from customization, combat, world, characters, etc). It is a more "narrow", far ( far) more controlled/predictable experience, but also far more immersive. Add to this the art, music, writing, etc.
Same reason open world games today are hugely popular: we have the tech today for it, to take it even further.
And now some nerd will probably step on the soapbox and say:
"Muh imagination! I can do all of it, with muh imagination!"
To hell with it.
Few people ( usually either a genius or a complete lunatic) can create worlds in vivid detail, a la Tolkien.
PnP still have their place ( and their own type of fun), but it requires a lot more setup and commitment for it.

Shouldn't that be Normal, with Easy modes giving the AI penalties?

Shouldn't that be Normal, with Easy modes giving the AI penalties?

They nerfed Normal due to beta feedback of it being too hard. So Custom with everything set to Normal and 1.0 damage is the "core" experience.

And Easy modes do give enemies penalties. But in Custom Mode you can set everything how you want it anyway, to tailor the experience to your own liking. I personally prefer core experience for games like this.

I think much of the difficulty depends in what order you do which the quests and encounters. This goes down to each single map, there can be quite some variation in difficulty on a single map. Ranging from trash-mob to impossible-at-this-point.

Back
Top Bottom