Wasteland 3 - Patch 1.1.1 Now Live

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wasteland 3 Patch 1.1.1 is now live.
Wasteland 3 Patch 1.1.1 Now Live
Thank you to everyone for your support as we continue to add to and improve Wasteland 3. This update was focused on a lot of the issues we've heard about from you the most, and we're hoping it goes a long way toward improving your play experience.

However, we're not done yet. Our next patch is a big one, and contains hundreds of individual changes including fixes, balance improvements, and load time reduction. Please be aware of our Known Issues list for issues we're aware of and working to resolve. Thanks for your patience, and see you in the wasteland.

Highlights

• Numerous changes aimed at improving stability on consoles.
  • Co-op fixes for load screens stopping at 33%.
  • Antique Appraiser has been appropriately balanced.

Wasteland 3 - 1.1.1 Patch Notes

Performance and Stability

• We've made over a dozen individual changes aimed at improving performance and stability, especially on consoles.
    • We're continuing work on additional improvements for future updates.
  • Some slight load time improvements have been made.
    • We're finalizing some more impactful load time reductions which you'll see in a future patch.
  • Fixed an issue where if computer consoles were used during combat, game performance would decrease.
  • Performance has been improved when using Precision Strike.

Co-op

• Load screen hangs (i.e. 33% load bug) have largely been resolved for co-op games.
    • In a few cases the load bar may appear to be stuck at 33% but will eventually load after 5 or more minutes. We're aware and actively working to resolve these.
  • Addressed an issue with the Direct Connect option that was preventing some guests from connecting to their hosts.
  • Fixed crash that could occur in co-op while players engaged with Major Prasad.
  • Players with different build versions are now blocked from playing with each other.
  • [Xbox One] Resolved an issue where the user would not be able to join a second game if it was hosted by the same person.

Quests and Gameplay

[...]

More information.

Can't wait to play the game once properly patched ;)

The problem is, so far most inexile games have ended up with directors cut versions months after their original release (often as much as a year). IIRC these aren't necessarily save-compatible, so I end up waiting for ages before actually playing their games properly, by which time my initial enthusiasm tends to have waned a little.

As a result, I enjoy their games, but don't necessarily finish them.

Don't forget unlike Wasteland 2 which had no DLC inXile has plans for Wasteland 3 DLCs this time. So it will be quite a while before a directors cut version will be released.

Pretty light patch and they didn't fix the inability to rebind keys.
Gonna shelf this for a while and keep on waiting. That's OK, not like there aren't a million other game to play in the meantime.

I finished it so I'll play it again when the DC version is released. :D

Maybe I'll do the DLC if it looks interesting enough. Who am I kidding, I'll do the DLC.

I finished it, had a blast. Probably do another playthrough after the patching is complete.

My only bug is that the decoy thing won't stay in my pocket.
For me quick slot items disappeared 20+ times. In one case the item did not shop up again in my inventory - that was reproducable with a previous save.
As a software developer I'm wondering how you have to mess up that the game has bugs of this kind.

And I have a broken quest.

But it really is a great game and I may finish it this weekend. :)

For me quick slot items disappeared 20+ times. In one case the item did not shop up again in my inventory - that was reproducable with a previous save.
As a software developer I'm wondering how you have to mess up that the game has bugs of this kind.

And I have a broken quest.

But it really is a great game and I may finish it this weekend. :)

Yeah I take my previous post back… The further I'm getting, the more bugs I'm finding. Broken quests. Incomplete quests. Disappearing inventory items. Laser tripwires that can't be disarmed that result in insta-kill.

Wait on this game. It'll be worth it, eventually.

I said it beofre, my only regret with this game, is playing it in the alpha state it was released. It's really a good game buried in bugs and annoyances. The Director's Cut should be a great experience for those who can wait.

I've finished the game and other than one broken side quest. I had only felt a few UI annoyances.

The tripwires are fine once you get used to them and so the only annoying thing is the quick items and the load times.

Once it gets to 1.2 it's probably fine for everyone to play.

Some more interesting news about InXile.:)

InXile Working on Two New RPGs - wccftech
inXile boss Brian Fargo sent out a couple of interesting tweets a few hours ago. Firstly, replying to a fan, he said that inXile Entertainment is working on wonderful new roleplaying games, though he also noted that these titles take a long time to make.

As a follow up shortly after that, he clarified that the second unannounced RPG is still very much 'in the infancy of pre-production', which suggests it'll be several years before we actually get to play it.

inXile, purchased by Microsoft at the same time of Obsidian Entertainment a couple of years ago, is already known to be working on a big next-generation RPG which Fargo himself confirmed will be developed using Epic's impressive Unreal Engine 5. This should be further along than the second RPG project Fargo mentioned in that last tweet.

Beyond these two unannounced projects, inXile is also working on a Virtual Reality PvPvE multiplayer shooter game called Frostpoint, due to launch soon on Steam. Of course, the team will release DLC for Wasteland 3 as well, especially after the highly successful launch of the game last month.

Back
Top Bottom