Elex Small Detail Ideas for ELEX 2

I wonder if they'd see any advantage from switching engine. Maybe they could license REDEngine from CDPR. For Elex 2: Elexiter.

Their engine is great IMO, and I think developing it for such a long time is a bonus, not a hindrance. They know it inside and out and continue to do great things with it.

I think moving to a newer, prettier engine would cost them gameplay elements and overall depth in some ways. I don't think they're willing to do that.

I'm not a huge proponent of a mod kit either but if you look at the Steam stats, you will see that Elex has now dropped to between 5K and 6K max players per day while the 2011 Skyrim still attracts ~35K gamers and the 2015 Fallout 4 is also still played by almost 30K gamers today.

Since you're comparing it to mainstream titles, did you also check GTA and Minecraft while you were at it? ;)

Dunno, if a mod kit was somewhat easy to add, sure, why not? Gothic 2 is getting mods now all these years later, including graphics upgrades, so why not ELEX?

If it would take too many resources to develop, fugghedaboudit.

It's likely to require a significant amount of work, unless the engine supports it right from the start. They could probably have baked it in as they were creating the engine though.

Gothic 1 had its modkit. It doesn't seem like any of the distinctive PB systems have evolved since the first game really. More polygons being pushed with better performance but scriptable schedules and events all seem the same.

Gothic 1 had its modkit. It doesn't seem like any of the distinctive PB systems have evolved since the first game really. More polygons being pushed with better performance but scriptable schedules and events all seem the same.

ELEX takes it to the next level in some ways, though. Already had an NPC that is story-changing die at the hands of wildlife, etc.. That can happen in Gothic but ELEX is their best expression of those systems yet IMO. Those events change the story but don't destroy it, the story adapts to those situations.

Plus, they have to wait for everyone else to catch up. Those systems in Gothic were 10+ years ahead of the game. Still are in many ways. :lol:

In Gothics, it was possible a wildlife killed NPC could make the game incapable of being finished. Happened to me when the only NPC trainer in the game for an essential skill was killed before I had a chance to learn it. I was not happy!! :(

In Gothics, it was possible a wildlife killed NPC could make the game incapable of being finished. Happened to me when the only NPC trainer in the game for an essential skill was killed before I had a chance to learn it. I was not happy!! :(

In the outlaw town it is possible to get the first area in that town wiped out by mutant bugs by leading them into there.

In the outlaw town it is possible to get the first area in that town wiped out by mutant bugs by leading them into there.

Huh, even after the patch? I just did that quest and the townsfolk were surprisingly strong and killed the bugs much easier than even Bullet and Lucy did.

Huh, even after the patch? I just did that quest and the townsfolk were surprisingly strong and killed the bugs much easier than even Bullet and Lucy did.

Remember, I play on "ultra" difficulty, those things kill me with one hit the first time i went there.

Remember, I play on "ultra" difficulty, those things kill me with one hit the first time i went there.

Yeah I'm on Ultra too. They kill me quick but when a couple got loose inside the Fort they got put down quickly.

Yeah I'm on Ultra too. They kill me quick but when a couple got loose inside the Fort they got put down quickly.

I am talking about the second set that comes.

after you save Bullet and Lucy, Bullet asks you to get reinforcements from the Fort, if you dont get them by I think the next chapter, they mutants bugs kill Bullet and Lucy and there will be about 6 of them there, i couldnt kill all of them so I lead them all into town, like 8-10 town people died form them. I looted all the corpses of course. :)

I am talking about the second set that comes.

after you save Bullet and Lucy, Bullet asks you to get reinforcements from the Fort, if you dont get them by I think the next chapter, they mutants bugs kill Bullet and Lucy and there will be about 6 of them there, i couldnt kill all of them so I lead them all into town, like 8-10 town people died form them. I looted all the corpses of course. :)

Those bugs spawning are triggered by
talking to William and asking for reinforcements. The reinforcements do arrive, but the huge swarm of bugs appears immediately beforehand. I managed to kill them but I couldn't save Bullet and Lucy, they were too weak and all my strongest attacks did friendly fire damage.
If you don't bring up the topic at all they're safe, but you can't complete the quest.

Wasn't that whole thing patched already?
I mean I can't redo it as Lucy died in my game before the patch.

Wasn't that whole thing patched already?
I mean I can't redo it as Lucy died in my game before the patch.

What was patched was the first time you enter the fort when they get attacked. They give you a quest, if you dont complete it, they get attacked again and they die which I think is intentional.

Back
Top Bottom