Dragon Age 4 - Rumors of its Existence

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
JDR13 pointed us to Playstation Universe where they think that Dragon Age 4 just might be a thing.

Voice actress Alix Wilton Regan has hinted that BioWare is working on the long-rumored Dragon Age 4 for PS4 and Xbox One.

Regan, who provided the voice for the female Elven inquisitor in the fantasy-RPG series, has posted up a snapshot on Instagram of her back in the recording studio, accompanied by the hashtag ‘elf.' Naturally, this has sparked hope that Dragon Age 4 is in development, although it's worth remembering that this is by no means an official confirmation.
More information.

Oh god, no.
The third part was absolutely unbearable with its mind-numbingly easy combat and the boring MMO-like landscape filled with nothing but more of that horrible combat and the occasional awful writing.

I really enjoyed DA:I - and I would love to see more of it. Lots of room for improvement, though.

First one was decent but I didn't like the second one (despite the fact I liked the idea behind it) and found the third one pretty dull - I didn't like the combat, characters, setting, chosen one style plot, etc etc etc…..

They'll clearly do part 4 at some point. But I'd need to see real change of approach before I got excited about it. At the minute I can't imagine buying it.

First one was decent but I didn't like the second one (despite the fact I liked the idea behind it) and found the third one pretty dull - I didn't like the combat, characters, setting, chosen one style plot, etc etc etc…..

They'll clearly do part 4 at some point. But I'd need to see real change of approach before I got excited about it. At the minute I can't imagine buying it.

my thoughts exactly

Please...stop, just...stop. I can't believe that Bioware can do any decent stuff in our days or that EA will allow them to do anything innovative. Just...let it be. We have plenty of good RPG's coming from indie and AA companies, no need for those souless AAA games.

Please…stop, just…stop. I can't believe that Bioware can do any decent stuff in our days or that EA will allow them to do anything innovative. Just…let it be. We have plenty of good RPG's coming from indie and AA companies, no need for those souless AAA games.

If Bioware can do no good no matter what, then the loss involved with developing a game other people like would be..... what?

If it's anything like DA:I Fetch Quest edition I won't be buying. And depressing how many people just accept MMO grind quests and the more of them as being ok in a single player RPG. It's not - it's a step backwards.

DA:I was overall decent if you could stomach getting past the early zones that were full of MMO style collect/fetch quests. The 3 DLCs were better than most of the main game. Yeah, combat was awful, and there was a hell of a lot of really cringey writing, but what else can you expect from BioWare in the present day? I put about 150 hours into it and don't really regret it, but there are lots of far better RPG's out there.

It's also possible my standards have just gotten too low. It's not out of the question.

My excitement level shot all the way up to +0.00001

If Bioware can do no good no matter what, then the loss involved with developing a game other people like would be….. what?

Anything which arises as a result of the application of any word prior to the phrase "[...] by association". Such as reputation by association, guilt by association, damage by association etc.

If you mean we could always move discussion of the potential games to the general gaming thread and ignore them in the news and RPG sections, then sure, there'd be no harm in that.

Anything which arises as a result of the application of any word prior to the phrase "[…] by association". Such as reputation by association, guilt by association, damage by association etc.

If you mean we could always move discussion of the potential games to the general gaming thread and ignore them in the news and RPG sections, then sure, there'd be no harm in that.

No, I mean what would be the problem in the real world.

No, I mean what would be the problem in the real world.

I'm unaware of denizens of RPGWatch needing to be being concerned about what the rest of the world does nor what relevance other locations provide with regards interest in the game. If the participants of RPGWatch would rather not be associated with this game then RPGWatch can make an independent choice in the matter, no?

I'm unaware of denizens of RPGWatch needing to be being concerned about what the rest of the world does nor what relevance other locations provide with regards interest in the game. If the participants of RPGWatch would rather not be associated with this game then RPGWatch can make an independent choice in the matter, no?

You're certainly right that people aren't obligated to care about anyone but themselves :)

You're certainly right that people aren't obligated to care about anyone but themselves :)

Speaking about yourself while speaking for yourself, while completely forgetting the whole point of having a forum dedicated to one specific niche. The whole point of being niche to one specific subject matter is to provide greater focus upon what interests that niche.

While everything appears arbitrary and illogical on the micro-level, the macro-effect of having a large group of people interested in the same niche actually acts as a quality control which inherently helps reinforce the production of products that that niche wants to see made.

Allowing a single voice to dominate unproportionally because that one voice is specifically motivated by their natural desire for selfishness and sense of ego can do nothing but damage the site as a whole.

Speaking about yourself while speaking for yourself, while completely forgetting the whole point of having a forum dedicated to one specific niche. The whole point of being niche to one specific subject matter is to provide greater focus upon what interests that niche.

While everything appears arbitrary and illogical on the micro-level, the macro-effect of having a large group of people interested in the same niche actually acts as a quality control which inherently helps reinforce the production of products that that niche wants to see made.

Allowing a single voice to dominate unproportionally because that one voice is specifically motivated by their natural desire for selfishness and sense of ego can do nothing but damage the site as a whole.

I don't see how that relates to my question.

How does another Bioware game harm you or anyone here?

yes please
although after the last piece of shit mass effect, dont have many hopes

Back
Top Bottom