Drakensang - too unpolished for a release?

Oh, I know. I just wanted to estimate a release date for myself. I can always try to get hold of the German version, if the translation is bad or nonexistent.

German voice-overs of English games are often bad or the sound is not balanced. Who doesn't have fond memories of the volume of this "Du musst Deine Gruppe versammeln bevor Du das Gebiet wechseln kannst!" message in Baldur's Gate :D.

Yes, I do remember. :D

Just a minor rant:

I just noticed that RPGDot doesn't appear to have have a single article on Drakensang ... - at least on the current news page.

I wonder whether they might've decided on not posting news on games that aren't available in English languange ?

"We are an international site, but why care anyway if the game isn't in English language ?"

Sorry, but that just went through my head.

Thanks. I thought I was missing something.
No harm done. ;)

Beleive me, this game will dissappoint. Do you guys really think horse games, chicken games and fish games have prepared this developer to make a good rpg? The last big game the developed (Nomads 2002 IGN:6.3) the review were horrible, and "unpolished". It is sad, but this game is going to be out of everybodys mind a month after release, unless they are still thinking "why did I waste my money"...

Last edited:
Have you actually played Drakensang or at least seen it live?

Well, I hope for the best but expect the worst for Drakensang :)

They aim for the great hit, but IMO haven't the resources to pull it off... from the released stuff I can't help but think of a Baldur's Gate Clone in bad 3D... it doesen't look impressive and the dumbed down ruleset might be too much for the casual gamer and not enough for the DSA-Hardcore-Fans - maybe the story and gameplay will save this, but then with the goal not to include too much text... well, we will see...

Edit:

And Mass Effect is a Console-Port, so it will suck.

I believe that the label of the RPG system is "big enough" to attract wquite a number of players.

I quite fiormly believe that in Germany, the game will be a *huge* success ! :)
(There's also quite some hope with that, of course, too. ;) )

If Drakensang get enough profits in Germany alone - then its *primary* goal has been accomplished 1 :)

And then they can make it ready for international release ... ;)

This is a little bit like Gothic I for me, imho.

Back
Top Bottom