Pillars of Eternity II - Nominated by Webby Awards

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
TheGG reports that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire has been nominated for best adventure game and best writing at the Webby Awards.

Baltimore - MD -- April 11th 2019 - Independent games publisher Versus Evil and developer Obsidian Entertainment today announced that "Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire" has been nominated for Best Adventure game and Best Writing categories in the 23rd Annual Webby Awards.

Hailed as the "Internet's Highest Honor" by The New York Times, The Webby Awards, presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), is the leading international awards organization honoring excellence on the Internet.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Nice. Totally agree with the best writing nomination. If it had better combat mechanics ot would be a must buy game for all rpg fans. Hopefully TB combat will elevate it.

No writing quality can change the fact that the story is relying too much on the prequel making it not as enjoyable if you don't play the first game.

Subjectively speaking this nomination is deserved as reading through it, to me at least, was (kinda) fun.

Nice. Totally agree with the best writing nomination. If it had better combat mechanics ot would be a must buy game for all rpg fans. Hopefully TB combat will elevate it.

RTwP combat was fine for me as Turn-based doesn't magically make an RPG better in my opinion. So congratulations to Obsidian lets hope they make more RTwP isometric RPGs.
No writing quality can change the fact that the story is relying too much on the prequel making it not as enjoyable if you don't play the first game.
It's a direct sequel so it's common knowledge you should of played the first game.

I think the RTwP works great. Sure I love turn based but in PoE I haven’t missed it. And it’s a sequel to a story driven rpg. It shouldn’t have to cater or apologize

Even after Pillars II has turn-based, people still discuss this?!? :D Oh boy...

RTwP combat was fine for me as Turn-based doesn't magically make an RPG better in my opinion. So congratulations to Obsidian lets hope they make more RTwP isometric RPGs.

I'm not talking about the RTwP mechanic. I did not like the ruleset. Having your same abilities in every encounter makes you not organize and plan anything. Just start using your highest ability and go lower from there. I was thinking that maybe they'll change something of that at turn based rounds(i have not checked it).

Organizing and planning is different in RTwP.

Having to choose among a large set of options (all supposingly weighing differently) is a UgoIgo luxury.

In RTwP, it is not much about what skills etc are used but how and when.

The nomination was for the writing quality, not rtwp quality.

Oddly, no site has best tb, best rtwp, best QTE 2.0 and best rt without QTE combat awards.

Back
Top Bottom